Pokemon Go

Denvek

So, people might know this, but I haven't seen it mentioned.  When you conquer gyms your time doesn't start until you claim your reward.  So if you conquer multiple gyms at once and then collect your reward, you will collect a reward for each gym you conquered.  It makes those gyms that are really close together a hot commodity.

Example.  You place your Pokemon in 4 gyms.  You go to your shop and look at the upper right you will see the number 4, when you click for your reward you will be getting 40 coins and 2000 stardust.

Word of warning, if your Pokemon loses the gym before you collect, then you lose the reward for that gym.  So it is a gamble.

ETA:  I know my neighborhood and can get away with it when kids are at school during the day.  Score one for being an adult!

On 05/08/2016 at 10:44 AM, Baltan said:

Finally Pokemon GO is available in my country, which was the best news I got yesterday, only to find out that my cellphone is not compatible :crying::tantrum: Upgrading just for Pokemon is an option I have to consider carefully...

A coworker keūpt bragging about being able to play that I made a fuss today at work. One of my bosses promised me to download the game so I can play tomorrow (and stop acting like a kindergarten kid over a toy) :blushing::D

U could download the game through apk rather then the Google app play store 

It's just the same B)

I have a Samsung s5 mini  which does support the game but the silly play store wouldnt let me down load the game. 

So I Googled  pokemon go apk and got it through apk pure. Give it a go!

Upside to this vs play store is u can choose when u want to do updates

I'm level 23 in new Zealand 

Been playing since the game launched here July 6. I'm red team, have around 100 caught in my pokedex and my top level pokemon is a vaporeon (water evee evolution) she's almost at 2000cp I named her Cersei :wub:

Here we go.  So all Pokemon of a certain range are not equal, some in that range are a little weaker (in terms of CP and HP) and these are governed by an IV score (Internal Values)  Someone has helpfully made a website where you can get a rough estimate on if your Pokemon is of the weaker variety or stronger variety for it's level.  I have noticed that I have been getting better quality evolutions with this tool.  Here is the link the IV Rater.  https://thesilphroad.com/research

Also, if you want to tickle your funny bone, an Honest Trailer for Pokemon Go.  

Any and all tips are welcome! Hi Mystic Zar! You should do this! I consider X-Ray to be my Sensei so I adopted Mystic because she stated, and I quote: "Mystic or GTFO!" 

Today I (my son) defeated a level four so we got the gym and I still left stuff behind. I used consecutive special eggs to double my xp. I evolved a few. I need 5k to make it past level 20. 

I'm loving it!

I'm Team Instinct, and yeah, we get a lot of shit. I picked it because my boyfriend, who started playing before me, was Instinct and now we get to take over gyms together. (Which lasts for about 10 seconds here.) I like yellow, so meh. Don't understand the Instinct hate!

8 hours ago, Guy Kilmore said:

Here we go.  So all Pokemon of a certain range are not equal, some in that range are a little weaker (in terms of CP and HP) and these are governed by an IV score (Internal Values)  Someone has helpfully made a website where you can get a rough estimate on if your Pokemon is of the weaker variety or stronger variety for it's level.  I have noticed that I have been getting better quality evolutions with this tool.  Here is the link the IV Rater.  https://thesilphroad.com/research

Can people without access codes get into that IV Rater? (I've been using Silph Road for awhile now, and can't remember if you can access any of that info without an account.) But yes, it's quite helpful to assessing which of your 'mon are worthwhile and which are best mulched back into candy at the earliest opportunity. Mind, a shitty-rated 1100 CP 'mon will still win gyms, so I keep some of my crappier ones around as cannon fodder (until I can evolve a better one). 

On 4/8/2016 at 6:44 PM, Baltan said:

Finally Pokemon GO is available in my country, which was the best news I got yesterday, only to find out that my cellphone is not compatible :crying::tantrum: Upgrading just for Pokemon is an option I have to consider carefully...

A coworker kept bragging about being able to play that I made a fuss today at work. One of my bosses promised me to download the game so I can play tomorrow (and stop acting like a kindergarten kid over a toy) :blushing::D

We're in the same worldly division, I guess! Yet people somehow still had it around here though. One of my colleagues downloaded the game (I think it required having a US account), and was showing me the availability of Pokemons in the mall nearby. It shouldn't be too difficult to find some here. 

2 hours ago, Xray the Enforcer said:

Can people without access codes get into that IV Rater? (I've been using Silph Road for awhile now, and can't remember if you can access any of that info without an account.) But yes, it's quite helpful to assessing which of your 'mon are worthwhile and which are best mulched back into candy at the earliest opportunity. Mind, a shitty-rated 1100 CP 'mon will still win gyms, so I keep some of my crappier ones around as cannon fodder (until I can evolve a better one). 

I didn't even know you needed an account.  So, unless when I was futzing with it and signed up for something unawares, I don't believe so.  I usually hold onto my crappier ones too for the same reason.

1 minute ago, Xray the Enforcer said:

It might be that you only need to get an account if you want to use the map tools (register sightings, look for nests, etc). Anyway, glad that the tool is available to a wider audience because I've found it pretty useful.

Well it's cool that they have other tools as well, I might have to sign up just to play with it.  I have found the other stuff extremely useful too.

On 8/5/2016 at 9:33 PM, Xray the Enforcer said:

They definitely appear inside private buildings. I had a Growlithe show up in my living room a couple of weeks ago -- no lure or incense. (my apartment building is a Pokestop, which probably affects things). 

So... if the building is a pokestop, or is near one they're gonna appear inside, but that's the only case, right? It took my attention that they appeaered in the bottom part of the building, like 30mts from the street. But then again people trespassing properties to catch pokemon was one of the first news heard after the app went out.

On 8/6/2016 at 8:37 PM, Jedi Renee said:

U could download the game through apk rather then the Google app play store 

It's just the same B)

I have a Samsung s5 mini  which does support the game but the silly play store wouldnt let me down load the game. 

So I Googled  pokemon go apk and got it through apk pure. Give it a go!

Upside to this vs play store is u can choose when u want to do updates

I'm level 23 in new Zealand 

Been playing since the game launched here July 6. I'm red team, have around 100 caught in my pokedex and my top level pokemon is a vaporeon (water evee evolution) she's almost at 2000cp I named her Cersei :wub:

I did downloaded it, but my cellphone won't run it. I even tried to download a version that runs in Android 4.0, but a lot of additional stuff had to be done for it to work smoothly. My poor thing goes dumb trying to use Google maps and GPS... no point forcing an app that's going to crash all the time. It still works fine for the basic stuff (phone calls, text msg and text apps), so I feel contrite about buying something more sophisticated right now... The game will go on for quite a while, I guess I'll catch up when my phone runs out of life and I replace it (if it doesn't get stolen first).

BTW, thanks to New Zealand's servers overlapping ours, PKM GO was available unofficially in all the south part of the country before the launching date.

8 hours ago, Zar Lannister said:

We're in the same worldly division, I guess! Yet people somehow still had it around here though. One of my colleagues downloaded the game (I think it required having a US account), and was showing me the availability of Pokemons in the mall nearby. It shouldn't be too difficult to find some here. 

I guess we are :D We even share the same kind of colleagues that find our lack of Pokemon amusing.

I got a Pikachu! I live outside a small city's limit. I find it very sweet that I've caught my best Pokemons around the grounds of my Dad's nursing home. It was there that I caught my Pikachu today. I also caught an Electrode, a Magneton, a Wartortle, and a weak Growlithe. The area has a guard gate (there are Memory Patients at the facility). I feel like it's my own little Pokemon garden. I needed this because my Dad had a bad day today. Parkinson's sucks.

20 minutes ago, Baitac said:

I got a Pikachu! I live outside a small city's limit. I find it very sweet that I've caught my best Pokemons around the grounds of my Dad's nursing home. It was there that I caught my Pikachu today. I also caught an Electrode, a Magneton, a Wartortle, and a weak Growlithe. The area has a guard gate (there are Memory Patients at the facility). I feel like it's my own little Pokemon garden. I needed this because my Dad had a bad day today. Parkinson's sucks.

I'm sorry for the stress.  Parkinson's does indeed suck.

I will say I have seen Pokemon appear on private property.  The Charmander's love a Golf Course nearby and I have to skirt the fence to snag some of them.

1 hour ago, Guy Kilmore said:

I'm sorry for the stress.  Parkinson's does indeed suck.

I will say I have seen Pokemon appear on private property.  The Charmander's love a Golf Course nearby and I have to skirt the fence to snag some of them.

Thank you Guy.

I joined team Blue (mystic), because that is what my 13 year old sons directed. Apparently, the breakdown in our little patch of New Jersey suburb is:

• Valor seems to be the default tribe. Reportedly the little kids pick Red, and casuals pick Valor. Most of the gyms (over 60%) I see are Valor controlled, most are captained by a Valoreon and/or Exeggcute, and most are level 3 or less. I think the "casual" tag is a fair assessment.
  • Mystic is the "serious" tribe. The kids who know what they are doing, who go out and read the boards to find an edge, and who form up teams and play strategically. When they take a gym, they push it up to Level 7 and sometimes beyond to keep it longer.
  • Instinct is the horrible people tribe (again, according to the kids), Team Rocket for intents and purposes. All the teachers from the local high school are Instinct, and apparently snipe gyms on the bike path and the park, and they allegedly GPS spoof. The Valor and Mystic kids will team up to forcibly evict them when Team Rocket snag a series of gyms.

I drove a crew of 13 year old Team Mystic to the boardwalk (20 minutes away) one evening so they could hunt for rares in a dense environment. The difference from local park (10-12 poke-stops, 3 gyms) to boardwalk (many dozen poke-stops, a gym every other block) had my one son remark that he was in overload as I pulled up to drop them off.

Also, my sons had me drive them to the local power plant, because they had seen a rumor that industrial areas spawn electric types, which we almost never see. That was not true. I still haven't seen, let alone caught, the one that looks like a Poke-Ball or any other electric type aside from the mouse.

New update available. It seems they've fixed the tracker (sort of). Best thing about it is that if something despawns, it disappears from your tracker so you don't have ghost mon taunting you.

https://www.reddit.com/r/TheSilphRoad/comments/4wsvx6/pokemon_go_v0330_update_minor_updates_megathread/

Actually, the way I heard it was Pokemon would disappear when they de-spawned or were caught. But they wouldn't disappear when you moved out of range.

But yeah - that gave the problem with "ghost" Pokemon cluttering up your list and, thankfully, is now fixed. (So if people are seeing a lot less in their lists now, it's because they had a lot of ghosts which actually were nowhere around before)

Archived