TTTNE CDLXV - To boldly go where no thread has gone before.

Jon's Queen Consort

It's over! It's over! It's over! *dances* I thought it would never be over, but it is, it is, it finally is! My god, this was the worst fanfiction I have ever read. I'm serious, that LoTR fanfiction I had written ages ago is pure genius compared to this. God, my brain aches. I feel so sorry for people who paid money to see this in a theatre. But, everything happens for a reason, and I have learned my lesson. I will stop comparing George R.R. Martin and J.K. Rowling. 

Dear people, €30 is a lot of money. Please don't spend it on Harry Potter and the Cursed Child. 

12 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

It's over! It's over! It's over! *dances* I thought it would never be over, but it is, it is, it finally is! My god, this was the worst fanfiction I have ever read. I'm serious, that LoTR fanfiction I had written ages ago is pure genius compared to this. God, my brain aches. I feel so sorry for people who paid money to see this in a theatre. But, everything happens for a reason, and I have learned my lesson. I will stop comparing George R.R. Martin and J.K. Rowling. 

Dear people, €30 is a lot of money. Please don't spend it on Harry Potter and the Cursed Child. 

^ If you want to get rid of it - why not ship it to me?

22 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

You get to climb the member title ladder and after a certain post count, maybe 1000(?), you can enter your own custom member title which can be as stupid/cool as you want it to be. Past that there's no advantage. It intimidates people with lower post count. 10.000+ posts people tend to be scary. (Don't take this literally) and trust me that's not the worst thing ever discussed there. 

That Varys dick discussion devolved into a general discussion about the dick sizes of characters which then somehow spun off into a discussion about bust sizes of characters. So that place can never be so bad it can't get any worse 

21 hours ago, First of My Name said:

Great, you'll fit right in :P 

Also, there is a fee for joining TTTNE, to be paid to the ruling Spam King (that would be me). You can pay $10 every month, or send me $100 for a year-long subscription. I'll be expecting the money before Friday.

You've awakened a traumatic childhood memory. 

As far as ice cream trucks went, it looked pretty typical, a white van with a large plastic ice cream cone strapped to the roof. Granted, it could have used a wash: it wasn't very appetizing to see all the bird droppings splattered on the ice cream model. And sure, it was playing Jingle Bells in the middle of summer. But from how emphatically our neighbors slammed their windows shut, you'd think it was sounding a death knell.

A corpulent red face popped out the window, with a matching arm to follow. "Hey, guys, want some ice cream?" Mint chocolate dribbled down the cone he was clutching onto the sidewalk. Was it my imagination, or was that ice cream unnaturally green? I didn't really care; it was my favorite flavor, and I wanted it.Before I could walk up and claim it, my dad began to shuttle my mom and me towards the house. "We're fine, thanks!" The ice cream man frowned; he remained there, holding out the ice cream, driving off only once we had all entered the house."That guy gives me the creeps," my dad said, "Don't talk to him."

From time to time, I'd encounter him as I was going to and from my house, sometimes even after the sun had set. Each time, he'd offer the same mint chocolate cone, which I learned glowed in the dark after our nightly encounter. I'd decline politely each time, but as creepy as he was, ten summers in my old town had conditioned me to salivate every time I heard the ringing of the ice cream bells. On one especially hot day, I was mowing the lawn and in dire need of a cold refreshment. All the makeshift lemonade stands had been forced to shut down after a business undergrad with too much time on his hands had bought all of their stock. Just as I was about to go inside, the jingle began to play, and the ice cream truck shot into the street, skidding to a halt next to my driveway.

Houses all along the street began boarding up. The driver paid them no heed and called to me, "Hey, you! Want some ice cream? On the house!" He held up the glowing green cone once again.When pitted against my better judgment, my appetite paired with my desire for heat relief won out. The guy hadn't been arrested yet, after all; surely there was nothing to fear from him. Airing out my t-shirt, I walked up to the truck and accepted the cone. He smiled broadly. "You won't regret this, kid."

I prodded the top of the ice cream with the tip of my tongue. It tasted like mint. I gave it a lick. And another lick. And another. Nothing happened, except the ice cream in the cone began to shrink. No superpowers. The only thing coursing through my veins was a sudden chill. I winced as my head was wracked with a brain freeze.

"So, you like it, son?" The ice cream man grinned as I nodded. "Well, I got a hell of a deal for you? How would you like free ice cream for the rest of your life?"

"That'd be amazing! Can you really do that for me?"

"Sure!" He pulled out a large box from the back of his truck. "Just take this box of ice cream, and go sell them! Go door-to-door, tell your friends, you name it. You get paid on commission and get free bonus ice cream with every ten sales. All you have to is make one easy one-time payment of-"

I dropped the rest of my cone, ran inside my house, and boarded all the windows.

17 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

At 700, you can choose your own member title. Past that, not really, only you look fancier. :P

Am I the only one who hates the at-sign before names? Yes, it is handy that you get a notification when somebody names you that way, but my name is not at-Buckwheat, you are not at-The Lone Rider, and our king is not at-First of My Name. It looks so stupid. :rolleyes:

Don't listen to him, our king is a liar. :P

And they let you keep any title ?

I finally figured out how to do this refer to many comments at once thing !

now miss, such skepticism isn't good. As my friend, the Nigerian Prince said, "Man, you're too suspicious. Bank info sharing is a common bonding activity" 

17 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Don't listen to him, our king is a liar. :P

How dare you? :pirate: To the dungeon with you!

15 minutes ago, The Lone Rider said:

snip

I finally figured out how to do this refer to many comments at once thing !

now miss, such skepticism isn't good. As my friend, the Nigerian Prince said, "Man, you're too suspicious. Bank info sharing is a common bonding activity" 

Sorry, but are you sure that's your childhood memory? The exact same story was posted on Reddit three months ago.

Unless they're offensive, I think.

:lol: Exactly, just trust me.

@The Lone Rider I still think that worse things have happened in Gen Asoiaf than the discussion of dick and bust sizes, but it really depends on everybody's personal level and kind of tolerance. 

Oh dear me... I'm not a brat. Am I a brat? I kind of have some bratty moments sometimes and one or two bratty characteristics - sometimes - but I'm not a brat, am I? Am I a brat? Oh man I AM such a brat... This is horrible, awful, shameful bratness... Oh god forgive me... 

Well, let's accept the fact that I'm a horrible brat and let's be proud of it because that's the trendy thing to do and move on to discuss why we suddenly have a monsoon climate...? I mean why? Why would the temperature be 29C at 6pm CEST with 60+% humidity in mid-September? This blows my mind more than how much of an actual brat I actually am... 

I love this place ! First I find people who loved the TV show pushing daisies , and now a fellow redditor who frequents writing prompts ! Have you submitted some stories or just love reading them ? Also , I believe you must have found NoSleep by now. I love that place. 

Also , just to be safe , you don't happen to be a redpill or incel subscriber do you ? 

@RhaenysB  I'm sure there must have been some bad apples 

King Tyrion , enjoy !

30 minutes ago, King Tyrion I said:

Is the Biebs still locked in the dungeon?

I think I could have some ice cream this evening. :idea:

And I'll be going to a concert on Saturday evening. :smug: That'll be great.

No, we had to make room for Buck. Pebbles took the Biebs home with her, I have no idea what she has planned for him.

Sounds great.

34 minutes ago, RhaenysB said:

Well, let's accept the fact that I'm a horrible brat and let's be proud of it because that's the trendy thing to do and move on to discuss why we suddenly have a monsoon climate...? I mean why? Why would the temperature be 29C at 6pm CEST with 60+% humidity in mid-September? This blows my mind more than how much of an actual brat I actually am... 

The temperature is crazy here too. Hottest 13th september ever measured. Take that, global warming conspiracy theorists.

8 minutes ago, The Lone Rider said:

I love this place ! First I find people who loved the TV show pushing daisies , and now a fellow redditor who frequents writing prompts ! Have you submitted some stories or just love reading them ? Also , I believe you must have found NoSleep by now. I love that place. 

Also , just to be safe , you don't happen to be a redpill or incel subscriber do you ? 

No, I rarely go to Reddit, and I don't know what NoSleep, redpill or incel is. I just thought the anecdote sounded familiar so I googled one of the lines and got a link to reddit. I do write as a hobby, but I've never shared anything on reddit.

16 minutes ago, The Lone Rider said:

@RhaenysB  I'm sure there must have been some bad apples 

King Tyrion , enjoy !

I will. Thanks, mate!

3 minutes ago, First of My Name said:

No, we had to make room for Buck. Pebbles took the Biebs home with her, I have no idea what she has planned for him.

Sounds great.

<snip>

I see. A lot has changed.

<lol>!

I have an app for reddit on my mobile. (BlackBerry Z10) But I haven't created a login yet.

14 minutes ago, First of My Name said:

The temperature is crazy here too. Hottest 13th september ever measured. Take that, global warming conspiracy theorists.

Oh no, not conspiracy theories... :eek: I don't think we broke any records today, but it feels like fresh air is being sucked out of the city center, and we have this stale heat instead... 

26 minutes ago, First of My Name said:

Sounds great.

No, I rarely go to Reddit, and I don't know what NoSleep, redpill or incel is. I just thought the anecdote sounded familiar so I googled one of the lines and got a link to reddit. I do write as a hobby, but I've never shared anything on reddit.

NoSleep is a great sub for amateur horror writers. Some really great stories even for people who don't like Horror. Try reading PenPal - it's my favorite and the best NoSleep story imo.

I almost cannot speak anymore. Three hours classes for three days in a row is too much ... one day more ... Ouch, my throat.

5 hours ago, The Lone Rider said:

As long as it agrees with the forum standards, yes.

Only do not dare to steal mine, that one is mine. :pirate:

4 hours ago, First of My Name said:

How dare you? :pirate: To the dungeon with you!

*waves* Here! I am out already! You need to employ better guards that are less likely to bribe. ;)

3 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

This made an appearance on my Facebook today for whatever reason and I had a sudden memory of Black Bear posting it here. So here I am, sharing it once again

It just makes me so happy.

5 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

Oh no, not conspiracy theories... :eek: I don't think we broke any records today, but it feels like fresh air is being sucked out of the city center, and we have this stale heat instead...

On conspiracy theories I have a guy I work with who's crazy for them. He's a serious 9/11 truther, he appeared on a 'documentary.' Also believes the cure for cancer has been discovered but isn't being released and Hillary Clinton has mere weeks to live. Along with all the fairly common distrust of big government and the Western war machine. I'm sure he has other thoughts about the world but I generally avoid talking about them as other than that he's a nice chap.

13 hours ago, The BlackBear said:

It just makes me so happy.

On conspiracy theories I have a guy I work with who's crazy for them. He's a serious 9/11 truther, he appeared on a 'documentary.' Also believes the cure for cancer has been discovered but isn't being released and Hillary Clinton has mere weeks to live. Along with all the fairly common distrust of big government and the Western war machine. I'm sure he has other thoughts about the world but I generally avoid talking about them as other than that he's a nice chap.

I'm not saying there isn't a little something to some of them, pr that governments function transparently, but these theories are mostly so far fetched I find it hard to get on the conspiracy train. Besides, the world is shitty enough as it is, I don't need to think about theories that prove this any further. Especially when I can spend that time thinking about theories that have to do with fictional worlds. But most people who are into them are usually very nice otherwise. 

I still couldn't get over how bad HP and the CC was... I googled some reviews about it and I was glad to see that I'm not alone with this opinion. Can't wait to see how fantastic beasts performs...

Archived