Daily Annoyance, The Eternal

Datepalm

10 hours ago, maarsen said:

I woke up to snow on the ground. Urrgh! Too early for this.

There is never too early for snow.

There is a "too early" for Christmas decorations, though. Like, this week in October. Now this is just wrong.

22 hours ago, Liffguard said:

Nothing much to say except I feel very similarly. I get on fine with most people, but there's always this feeling that I'm a friendly acquaintance that's peripheral to the friend group rather than actually a part of the friend group. I definitely don't think there's anything wrong with me, but it does sometimes make me a little sad how superficial all my connections are. Anyway, I hear where you're coming from.

I'm feeling it REALLY BADLY right now actually...

So...please guys tell me If I'm overreacting but...I'm in london for four nights with a group of my friends who happen to be two couples and the apartment my friend rented, knowing full well from the start I was going, only had two rooms with two double beds (which the couples are obviously going to use) and then...a sofa....I feel so upset and left out...I don't have my own room or my own space or anywhere to be private and just have a fucking SOFA. for FOUR NIGHTS...I'm so upset am I just being ridiculous...it's just...I paid the same amount and maybe I have no right to be upset as my friend organised the accomodation but...I'm just feeling so SO left out now...

7 minutes ago, Theda Baratheon said:

I'm feeling it REALLY BADLY right now actually...

So...please guys tell me If I'm overreacting but...I'm in london for four nights with a group of my friends who happen to be two couples and the apartment my friend rented, knowing full well from the start I was going, only had two rooms with two double beds (which the couples are obviously going to use) and then...a sofa....I feel so upset and left out...I don't have my own room or my own space or anywhere to be private and just have a fucking SOFA. for FOUR NIGHTS...I'm so upset am I just being ridiculous...it's just...I paid the same amount and maybe I have no right to be upset as my friend organised the accomodation but...I'm just feeling so SO left out now...

I think it's rude of them to have not let you know this would be the circumstances when the trip as under discussion, for sure.

1 minute ago, Swordfish said:

I think it's rude of them to have not let you know this would be the circumstances when the trip as under discussion, for sure.

Definitely...maybe it's my fault for not assuming this would happen but I honestly didnt...these are my two best friends with their boyfriend's and I'm honestly so SO disappointed with them and feeling left out. I hate feeling so childish and ungrateful I mean my friend booked this but she booked it 7 months in advance knowing full well for that full 7 months that I was definitely going to be going  

11 minutes ago, Theda Baratheon said:

Definitely...maybe it's my fault for not assuming this would happen but I honestly didnt...these are my two best friends with their boyfriend's and I'm honestly so SO disappointed with them and feeling left out. I hate feeling so childish and ungrateful I mean my friend booked this but she booked it 7 months in advance knowing full well for that full 7 months that I was definitely going to be going  

I wouldn't assume that i was relegated to a couch under those circumstances.  I'm not sure any reasonable person would make that assumption.

It would be different if you were not a definite, or if you were a late addition, but if you were in from the start, they should have let you know.

That said, while I think it's rude, I don't think it's necessarily inherently malicious or intentionally exclusionary.....   Really hard to say on that part.

4 hours ago, Lyanna Stark said:

Well,. I am sorry? :P I'm in Scandinavia and we had +10 and sunny today. No snow in sight!

We are supposed to get +15 tomorrow. Enjoy your weather while it lasts.

On 27/10/2016 at 11:17 PM, Swordfish said:

I wouldn't assume that i was relegated to a couch under those circumstances.  I'm not sure any reasonable person would make that assumption.

It would be different if you were not a definite, or if you were a late addition, but if you were in from the start, they should have let you know.

That said, while I think it's rude, I don't think it's necessarily inherently malicious or intentionally exclusionary.....   Really hard to say on that part.

Not malicious just kinda unthoughtful ...like...now they've invited one of their friends (already don't like him, obnoxious and makes a sex joke three times every minute) to stay the night FOR FREE and he's gonna be on the camp bed and I think they're expecting him to stay in the living room next to me. FUCK. THAT. I don't know this dude I want at least SOME privacy...I already do t like him and it's fucking quarter to 2AM and I want to sleep but everyones in the living room listening to fuckin shit metal music. 

1 hour ago, Theda Baratheon said:

Not malicious just kinda unthoughtful ...like...now they've invited one of their friends (already don't like him, obnoxious and makes a sex joke three times every minute) to stay the night FOR FREE and he's gonna be on the camp bed and I think they're expecting him to stay in the living room next to me. FUCK. THAT. I don't know this dude I want at least SOME privacy...I already do t like him and it's fucking quarter to 2AM and I want to sleep but everyones in the living room listening to fuckin shit metal music. 

Announce that you're turning in and grab one of the private beds

5 hours ago, larrytheimp said:

Announce that you're turning in and grab one of the private beds

I slept with  my friend in the end because hes her and her boyfriends friend lmao tbh my sofa is way comfier than than the bed so I'll be happy to see it tonight hopefully the dude will have stopped being so freakin obnoxious 

7 hours ago, Theda Baratheon said:

Damn, that sucks. Also a prime example of geek social fallacies from your mates, namely number 4, "friendship is transitive."

Okay so all in all I had a fantastic time at the convention I attended with my friends but I'm still annoyed at the sleeping arrangements.

Because not only did I pay the same as the rest of the group to get just a sofa instead of their whole room, I also had to share my SLEEPING SPACE with a total stranger (one of the couple's friends) who I couldn't stand. Made a sex joke every freaking minute and even told me (after I told him I was cosplaying as Tank Girl) that he used to regularly masturbate to her!!! ERG!!! WTF! !! That is NOT something you tell to a new person that you're going to be stuck sleeping in the same room as!!! I did not like him at all and feel sort of ticked off with my friends. I guess I have to stick up for myself more and say NEXT TIME WE ARE GETTING THERE ROOMS AND EXTRA FRIENDS WHO DO NOT PAY CAN SLEEP ON THE COUCH BY THEMSELVES

6 minutes ago, Theda Baratheon said:

Okay so all in all I had a fantastic time at the convention I attended with my friends but I'm still annoyed at the sleeping arrangements.

Because not only did I pay the same as the rest of the group to get just a sofa instead of their whole room, I also had to share my SLEEPING SPACE with a total stranger (one of the couple's friends) who I couldn't stand. Made a sex joke every freaking minute and even told me (after I told him I was cosplaying as Tank Girl) that he used to regularly masturbate to her!!! ERG!!! WTF! !! That is NOT something you tell to a new person that you're going to be stuck sleeping in the same room as!!! I did not like him at all and feel sort of ticked off with my friends. I guess I have to stick up for myself more and say NEXT TIME WE ARE GETTING THERE ROOMS AND EXTRA FRIENDS WHO DO NOT PAY CAN SLEEP ON THE COUCH BY THEMSELVES

Yeah.  Have you talked to them about it?  It seems like such a simple and obvious thing for them to address going forward and something they should be more than willing to do, since it's clearly significantly impacted your experience, but is it possible that they just don't realize how uncomfortable this was for you?

7 minutes ago, Swordfish said:

Yeah.  Have you talked to them about it?  It seems like such a simple and obvious thing for them to address going forward and something they should be more than willing to do, since it's clearly significantly impacted your experience, but is it possible that they just don't realize how uncomfortable this was for you?

It is possible because that's exactly what happened. They just didn't notice. I'm not that angry with them really.I had a good time just ranting. 

Archived