NBA Finals: TRILOGY Edition!!!

Mr. Chatywin et al.

Kind of insane to remember that, seven or eight years ago, Chris Paul or Deron Williams was a legitimate conversation.  Now Deron Williams is a role-player and Paul is still a top ten player in the NBA.

Man, who was it here who kept saying JR Smith never shows up when you need him?  Because he's been fucking huge the past two games, and especially tonight.  Without him, this game is over right now.

3 minutes ago, Triskan said:

Is there any player in the league you add to Cleveland where it makes them even a pick 'em with Golden State?  It's remarkable how set up Golden State still is for the future.

Probably not, but they can certainly get closer. Not sure how long the Warrior's window is going to be here. I don't see how they keep this group together past next year.

7 minutes ago, Triskan said:

Is there any player in the league you add to Cleveland where it makes them even a pick 'em with Golden State?  It's remarkable how set up Golden State still is for the future.

If they were somehow able to flip Thompson/Shumpert in a package for George and then traded Love for another all-star caliber player (nothing against Love, but he's still not the greatest match-up with the Warriors), I think that would do it.  Probably not gonna happen, though.  Not sure Love for George is enough, although I do think it'd be an upgrade.

7 minutes ago, Triskan said:

You could kinda say that about LeBron James though...

LeBron couldn't beat the game on Impossible mode (Cleveland), so switched to Normal. Not the finest move ever made, but still nothing compared to Durant leaving a prime contender to join another contender.

8 minutes ago, Triskan said:

You could kinda say that about LeBron James though...

Eh...he formed a team with two other All-Stars to take on another Eastern team with three All-Stars.  Bit different than joining the 73-win team that beat you and had already won a title without you.

3 hours ago, Triskan said:

Leonard.  That's about it.  Glad these weak ass playoffs are over. 

36 minutes ago, Relic said:

Leonard.  That's about it.  Glad these weak ass playoffs are over. 

Eh...to be honest, I think if they were able to add any all-star caliber player without losing Irving or Love they'd be right back in there.  What they really need is for Paul George to just force his way to Cleveland.  Which, honestly, would be the smartest move for George.  He ain't winning shit with the Lakers.  

The main problem for the Cavs was that Golden State's role-players showed up and Cleveland's didn't.  Literally every single person on Cleveland's bench gave them absolutely nothing offensively.  Props to JR Smith, though.  Dude was fucking clutch even if none of his fellow role-players could hit the ocean from a boat.  

16 minutes ago, briantw said:

Eh...to be honest, I think if they were able to add any all-star caliber player without losing Irving or Love they'd be right back in there.  What they really need is for Paul George to just force his way to Cleveland.  Which, honestly, would be the smartest move for George.  He ain't winning shit with the Lakers.  

The main problem for the Cavs was that Golden State's role-players showed up and Cleveland's didn't.  Literally every single person on Cleveland's bench gave them absolutely nothing offensively.  Props to JR Smith, though.  Dude was fucking clutch even if none of his fellow role-players could hit the ocean from a boat.  

Paul George wants to go LA Lakers because that is his hometown and his team he wanted to play for. It was either Indiana or LA Lakers and Lakers got a lot more to offer to Indiana than Cleveland. Ingram, Russell or Randolph. Cleveland got Kyrie Irving which would be foolish or injury prone Kevin Love.

If they want George, they will have to give up Love and in fact it would be smart thing to do. Love is weak defensively and inconsitent offensively at times. Also struggles with multiple injuries. Paul George is their best bet to get back at Golden State Warriors. He's soldi defensively and offensively and good 2nd or 3rd option. Lebron ain't gonna leave Cavs because reports about him going to Clippers or Spurs. Spurs do not have that much of a salary cap and Clippers are useless. They have to reconstruct their team. I don't about Butler but maybe to think about him.

Golden State Warriors would still be favourites unless they add Kawhi or someone like that.

6 minutes ago, Lord Friendzone said:

If they want George, they will have to give up Love and in fact it would be smart thing to do. Love is weak defensively and inconsitent offensively at times. Also struggles with multiple injuries. Paul George is their best bet to get back at Golden State Warriors. He's soldi defensively and offensively and good 2nd or 3rd option. Lebron ain't gonna leave Cavs because reports about him going to Clippers or Spurs. Spurs do not have that much of a salary cap and Clippers are useless. They have to reconstruct their team. I don't about Butler but maybe to think about him.

Golden State Warriors would still be favourites unless they add Kawhi or someone like that.

Don't get me wrong...I'd trade Love for George.  George is a better player.  However, if George told Indiana that he wasn't going to re-sign, and that he'd only accept a trade to Cleveland, they'd probably get it done for Thompson and some other stuff.  Unlikely to happen, but if stars want to force the issue and they're on their last year, they usually can.  

Regardless, trading for George would probably be in the best long term interests of the Cavs.  He'd provide a great centerpiece once LeBron retires, and he and Irving could pretty conceivably own the East even without LeBron, especially if they could add another star in free agency (which is actually possible for a small market these days).  Definitely helps that the Cavs have an owner who gives no fucks about the luxury tax.

Archived