Super Mario

What will Dany & Aejon name their heir?

101 posts in this topic

On 8/28/2017 at 5:53 PM, Super Mario said:

The foreshadowing of Dany's fertility in the Dragon Pit when Aejon claimed Mirri Maz Duur was an unreliable source was about as subtle as a kick to the nads from the Ironborn. So it would seem safe to assume that after their romp on the Love Boat, Dany & Aejon are expecting. So what do they name the next heir to the Iron Throne?

How 'bout Eddard Targaryan for a boy

or Ygritte Targaryan for a little princess

(I'm assuming since Jon will allow Dany to act as ruling Queen, he'll get naming rights)

Isn't it obvious what they'll call their child?

He'll be called Aegon. Or she'll be called Aegon. Then, when that heir has children, they'll have to call all of their children Aegon. Because the show's established that the only worthwhile Targaryen name is Aegon, it'll forever be a line of Aegons to rule over Weiseroff. Their seat will be the new city known as Aegon's Landing, the other major seats being renamed to Aegonspear, Aegongarden, Aegon's End, Aegonrun, Aegonly Rock, The Aegon, Aegonfell, and Aegon (of the Iron Islands).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Beardy the Wildling said:

Isn't it obvious what they'll call their child?

He'll be called Aegon. Or she'll be called Aegon. Then, when that heir has children, they'll have to call all of their children Aegon. Because the show's established that the only worthwhile Targaryen name is Aegon, it'll forever be a line of Aegons to rule over Weiseroff. Their seat will be the new city known as Aegon's Landing, the other major seats being renamed to Aegonspear, Aegongarden, Aegon's End, Aegonrun, Aegonly Rock, The Aegon, Aegonfell, and Aegon (of the Iron Islands).

There world-famous breakfast will be egg on roast.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/8/2017 at 10:56 PM, Kytheros said:

Agreed. At least, for the Show. The books could still have a Jon + Arya relationship that goes that way. On the other hand, the books also have a whole lot more eligible noble bachelorettes (and noble bachelors for Daenerys) around.

D&D tell us that they're going to give us basically the same ending, and hit all the major beats for all the major characters. And, while merging some book-only eligible bachelorette's story into Dany's is consistent with the kind of merging they frequently do, I think they see Jon and Dany as the heroes and romantic leads of the story, and wouldn't consider that the same ending. So, I suspect that if they marry in the show, they'll probably marry in the books.

But of course there's always the possibility that one or the other of them will die. If that happens in the books, and the surviving one ends up marrying someone else afterward, that marriage could well be something they wouldn't think was important enough to preserve for the adaptation, so we could end up with, say, a single Dany on the throne instead of a Dany married to some other nobleman who was politically useful and isn't a bad guy or anything but will never be her true love. That seems like a simplification they wouldn't consider a completely different ending.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, falcotron said:

D&D tell us that they're going to give us basically the same ending, and hit all the major beats for all the major characters. And, while merging some book-only eligible bachelorette's story into Dany's is consistent with the kind of merging they frequently do, I think they see Jon and Dany as the heroes and romantic leads of the story, and wouldn't consider that the same ending. So, I suspect that if they marry in the show, they'll probably marry in the books.

But of course there's always the possibility that one or the other of them will die. If that happens in the books, and the surviving one ends up marrying someone else afterward, that marriage could well be something they wouldn't think was important enough to preserve for the adaptation, so we could end up with, say, a single Dany on the throne instead of a Dany married to some other nobleman who was politically useful and isn't a bad guy or anything but will never be her true love. That seems like a simplification they wouldn't consider a completely different ending.

That's certainly what they were planning to do in the beginning.

On the other hand ... they've made a helluva lot of major changes and plotline and character merges. And both the Butterfly Effect and the Law of Unintended Consequences matter here.

I think we're still going to get most of the major snapshots for most of the major characters in some form. But not all. And some of the ones we do get will be different in important ways.

 

I mean ... just look at everything in the North and/or to do with the Starks the last ... two, three seasons? Plus,

  • The Greyjoys and the Greyjoy plotline.
  • Daenerys's decision to leave Mereen/Essos for Westeros.
  • Anything remotely related to Dorne.
  • Anything related to the more magical side of things.
  • Cersei.
  • Wight-hunt.
  • Dragonpit conference.
  • St Tyrion

The list goes on.

 

Actually, where I was going with the "more eligible-bachelorettes in the books" thing was possible options for Daenerys to push Jon to father baby Targaryens on/with, if she still thinks she's barren when she comes to learn and believe that Jon is really Rhaegar's son. There just plain aren't that many on the Show.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Kytheros said:

On the other hand ... they've made a helluva lot of major changes and plotline and character merges. And both the Butterfly Effect and the Law of Unintended Consequences matter here.

I think a lot of the problems with S6 and S7 are that they know what the ending is, but have no idea how GRRM plans to get there, and therefore even less idea how they can get there from the changes they've already made, so sometimes they just bash things into shape as best they can. But they seem to be quite willing to bash the story pretty hard to force it into the right shape for the ending, so I think it's mostly going to end up there, no matter what it takes to do it. And I even suspect (or maybe just hope?) that they've actually get most of the bashing over with this season, and left everyone set up so they know how to get them into place from here for the finale.

2 hours ago, Kytheros said:

Actually, where I was going with the "more eligible-bachelorettes in the books" thing was possible options for Daenerys to push Jon to father baby Targaryens on/with, if she still thinks she's barren when she comes to learn and believe that Jon is really Rhaegar's son. There just plain aren't that many on the Show.

Ah, that makes sense.

Really, that seems like the kind of interesting but unnecessary-to-the-big-plot side-tracks they would have cut out of the show anyway. If it's going to end with Jon getting Dany pregnant and marrying her, the books could well have multiple apparent twists in the road there that turn out to be red herrings for extra drama and/or character study, but S8 would have to cut it down to one, and Dany pushing Jon to marry someone else to make baby Targs probably wouldn't be the best one to keep for television.

But I suppose if they had kept around an extra named single female character for no obvious reason, we would have all guessed she was there for Jon, so the fact that they haven't done so is still meaningful, as you say.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aloysius Reginald Archibald Targaryen.

Edited by SeanF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm more curious as to whether their kid will have the Valyrian silver hair..

On 8/28/2017 at 7:39 PM, greensleeves said:

:stillsick::ack::stillsick:

This is gonna be the worst magical baby since twilight (please by some miracle let this not happen). It should have a name that reflects that.

My ex and I used to have a joke back in the early seasons when Emilia Clarke's acting wasn't very good and Kit Harrington constantly had his mouth hanging open. We'd say that they should reflect those two qualities in their (inevitable) offspring and have their daughter be played by Kirsten Stewart.

It would be glorious.

Difficult to say what they';; gonna name their child Lyanna is a possibility.

On 8/28/2017 at 8:26 PM, Apoplexy said:

I wish the story was done with incest though..

Aunt and nephew is not incest by medieval standards. Neither is cousin-cousin. 

Edited by Orphalesion

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Orphalesion said:

I'm more curious as to whether their kid will have the Valyrian silver hair..

My ex and I used to have a joke back in the early seasons when Emilia Clarke's acting wasn't very good and Kit Harrington constantly had his mouth hanging open. We'd say that they should reflect those two qualities in their (inevitable) offspring and have their daughter be played by Kirsten Stewart.

It would be glorious.

Difficult to say what they';; gonna name their child Lyanna is a possibility.

Aunt and nephew is not incest by medieval standards. Neither is cousin-cousin. 

They are going to have twins and name them Aegon and Daenerys and have them marry each orher. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, I Am TheSongOf IceAndFire said:

I hope they have quintuplets and name each one Aegon

Lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The name of Daenerys' heir would be "Democracy"... Now that she is with Jon..if she manage to give birth to a child..idk.. Maybe Drogo..he would return when the sun rises in the west and set in the east..etc..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, I Am TheSongOf IceAndFire said:

I hope they have quintuplets and name each one Aegon

Heck, Dany could even be the new octomom.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Monster_Under_the_Bed said:

Boy - Incestion

Girl - Incestia

Lol!

Or maybe Incaesterys (pronounced in - CEST - tur - riss) to make it look more like a proper Targaryen name.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/28/2017 at 10:25 AM, Snormund said:

Jon naming a daughter he created by fucking his aunt after his former lover is unbelievably messed up. 

Why? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/12/2017 at 5:42 AM, 4 Eyed Crow said:

Lol!

Or maybe Incaesterys (pronounced in - CEST - tur - riss) to make it look more like a proper Targaryen name.

Siblings, offspring = incest. 

Immediate family. 

Ned's parents were cousins. No body had a problem. 

I wish we could get past this. 

Even here on Earth, in the 20th Century, it's legal, and not considered incest.

I get how Aunt/Nephew sounds pervy. It seems to imply Adult/Child due to the usual age difference.

Nephew/Aunt doesn't seem as pervy. Seems more technical. 

Still. Not illegal. Not incest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, ShadowKitteh said:

Siblings, offspring = incest. 

Immediate family. 

Ned's parents were cousins. No body had a problem. 

I wish we could get past this. 

Even here on Earth, in the 20th Century, it's legal, and not considered incest.

I get how Aunt/Nephew sounds pervy. It seems to imply Adult/Child due to the usual age difference.

Nephew/Aunt doesn't seem as pervy. Seems more technical. 

Still. Not illegal. Not incest.

I think this is understood (by most). People are just having fun with it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, ShadowKitteh said:

Siblings, offspring = incest. 

Immediate family. 

Ned's parents were cousins. No body had a problem. 

I wish we could get past this. 

Even here on Earth, in the 20th Century, it's legal, and not considered incest.

I get how Aunt/Nephew sounds pervy. It seems to imply Adult/Child due to the usual age difference.

Nephew/Aunt doesn't seem as pervy. Seems more technical. 

Still. Not illegal. Not incest.

I pointed that out before too, but it's much more fun just to ignore that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now