Bloodraven is not the Three Eye'd Crow.

AlaskanSandman

1 hour ago, divica said:

The only way I can see bran leaving the cave is if BR isn t the 3 eyed raven or if he has to go to another place to better develop his gifts. Anything else would be weird to happen at this point of the story...

I'm thinking the God's Eye/Isle of Faces is his next port of call. It was where the Pact happened, Bran seems big on Green Men and the Reedlings dad was a student of theirs.

1 hour ago, divica said:

While you are right that it wasn t what bran wanted. It would be pretty weird if after all he did to get to bloodraven he would turn his back on him and return to the world of man and quit being a greenseer (I dont believe he can have both!). 

We shall see. I think there is more going on in that cave than just Bran seeing visions in a tree for the rest of his life. I see no reason why he can't live with other humans and not still be a greenseer. He's already a greenseer -- BR's just helping him hone his skills.

Not to mention that it should be pretty dificult getting to the Wall now...

Unless they take the underground...;)

20 minutes ago, Faera said:

I'm thinking the God's Eye/Isle of Faces is his next port of call. It was where the Pact happened, Bran seems big on Green Men and the Reedlings dad was a student of theirs.

We shall see. I think there is more going on in that cave than just Bran seeing visions in a tree for the rest of his life. I see no reason why he can't live with other humans and not still be a greenseer. He's already a greenseer -- BR's just helping him hone his skills.

Unless they take the underground...;)

Can you imagine how many books bran would need to get to the isle of faces? And how much time he would need to get there? By the time he reunited with other characters the ww would be defeated.

We have no idea if he can use any weirwood tree to access the weirnet and if he doesn t have to fuse with the tree to remain alive long enough until the next greenseer appears. But more than that, I think bran's journey is about developing his powers and finding the hidden histories of westeros. For that leaving the cave would be a waste of time...

If there were underground passages they sould have used them to get to the cave...

2 minutes ago, divica said:

Can you imagine how many books bran would need to get to the isle of faces? And how much time he would need to get there? By the time he reunited with other characters the ww would be defeated.

Only GRRM can answer those questions.

5 minutes ago, divica said:

We have no idea if he can use any weirwood tree to access the weirnet and if he doesn t have to fuse with the tree to remain alive long enough until the next greenseer appears. 

Hence why we can't presume it is necessary for Bran to fuse with that particular tree in order to use his powers or that it will be necessary to fuse with a tree in order to gain those powers. It feels more like Bran had to go there because Bloodraven couldn't go to him, not that they necessarily needed a replacement tree man.

10 minutes ago, divica said:

But more than that, I think bran's journey is about developing his powers and finding the hidden histories of westeros. For that leaving the cave would be a waste of time...

Sure, that's an aspect of it but there is a character with a personality in there too. If GRRM sent him to the cave just so he could be the exposition dump, then that really would be a waste of time. As I said above, it felt like the reason Bran had to go to Bloodraven because he was trapped in the tree -- and we don't actually know how that happened. It's just guesswork at this point. Hopefully, we will find out in TWoW.

4 minutes ago, divica said:

If there were underground passages they sould have used them to get to the cave...

They only discover the underground river once they're in the cave though there are references to them in several other chapters, especially Jon's.

28 minutes ago, divica said:

By he old gods and the new I dunna want to think about it.

30 minutes ago, divica said:

But more than that, I think bran's journey is about developing his powers and finding the hidden histories of westeros.

I kinda agree with that. Martin is going to use Bran to reveal stuff.

A Dance with Dragons - Bran III      After that the glimpses came faster and faster, till Bran was feeling lost and dizzy. He saw no more of his father, nor the girl who looked like Arya, but a woman heavy with child emerged naked and dripping from the black pool, knelt before the tree, and begged the old gods for a son who would avenge her. Then there came a brown-haired girl slender as a spear who stood on the tips of her toes to kiss the lips of a young knight as tall as Hodor. A dark-eyed youth, pale and fierce, sliced three branches off the weirwood and shaped them into arrows. The tree itself was shrinking, growing smaller with each vision, whilst the lesser trees dwindled into saplings and vanished, only to be replaced by other trees that would dwindle and vanish in their turn. And now the lords Bran glimpsed were tall and hard, stern men in fur and chain mail. Some wore faces he remembered from the statues in the crypts, but they were gone before he could put a name to them.   Then, as he watched, a bearded man forced a captive down onto his knees before the heart tree. A white-haired woman stepped toward them through a drift of dark red leaves, a bronze sickle in her hand.

28 minutes ago, Faera said:

They only discover the underground river once they're in the cave though there are references to them in several other chapters, especially Jon's.

I agree. This is my dilemma. Martin takes five books to get Bran & companions to the CotH cave with the man who who for all intent and purposes seems to be LC Rivers aka BR. The hiding in the crypts. The long journey to the Nightfort. Samwell showing up at the black gate. Coldhands waiting on the other side. The long journey of freezing and starvation to the cave.

I would think that Ygritte's tale about Gorne's way to be the easiest way in and out of the cave. Then there is that little ankle biter about a back door that talks about the difficulty Hodor would have carrying Bran.

A Dance with Dragons - Bran II     "Is this the only way in?" asked Meera.    "The back door is three leagues north, down a sinkhole."    That was all he had to say. Not even Hodor could climb down into a sinkhole with Bran heavy on his back, and Jojen could no more walk three leagues than run a thousand.

M & J had been exploring the cave sometimes with Hodor skinchanged by Bran. I don't know I'm spit balling trying to figure out how the kids get out of the cave and back to WF.

37 minutes ago, Clegane'sPup said:

Then there is that little ankle biter about a back door that talks about the difficulty Hodor would have carrying Bran

I'm still amazed that a cave under a hill with an underground network... has a backdoor!

37 minutes ago, Clegane'sPup said:

M & J had been exploring the cave sometimes with Hodor skinchanged by Bran. I don't know I'm spit balling trying to figure out how the kids get out of the cave and back to WF.

The backdoor could be an option but I still think that underground river will come into play somehow. I mean, why add it if it doesn't go anywhere? At the very least, perhaps Meera and Jojen end up leaving (Go away, Jojenpaste!) via one of the two routes -- or will discover something down in the river or even elsewhere in the cave. Seems each time Hodor!Bran opens a door he finds something new.

3 hours ago, divica said:

The only way I can see bran leaving the cave is if BR isn t the 3 eyed raven or if he has to go to another place to better develop his gifts. Anything else would be weird to happen at this point of the story...

The 3 Eyed Raven is something the abomination changed because reasons, so BR is most definitely not him/her. :D

6 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

The 3 Eyed Raven is something the abomination changed because reasons, so BR is most definitely not him/her. :D

Huh, I always say "that-which-must-not-be-named" but now that I think about it "The Abomination" is much for suitable for that thing. 

24 minutes ago, Faera said:

Huh, I always say "that-which-must-not-be-named" but now that I think about it "The Abomination" is much for suitable for that thing. 

Then you might enjoy the two links in my sig. :D

34 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

Now I am sincerelly lost. Wasn t bloodraven the 3ER in both books and show? Or only highly implied in the book?

5 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

Then you might enjoy checking out the two links in my sig. :D

LMAO!  The best thing about the 7th iteration was Gwen Christie's commentary.  The director made me laugh as well, but for the wrong reasons.

@maudisdottir - I actually enjoy watching "Abomination", too. It's a fun romp. I just jokily like to be vague because of the rules surrounding show references.

18 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

Then you might enjoy the two links in my sig. :D

*Clicks links* You are quite correct, my lady! ^_^

13 minutes ago, divica said:

Now I am sincerelly lost. Wasn t bloodraven the 3ER in both books and show? Or only highly implied in the book?

Tee-hee, @kissdbyfire means that you are using the term "3ER"-- it's Three-Eyed-Crow, in the books! 

Spoiler

Now I think about it... was Old Man Tree even Bloodraven in The Abomination? :huh:

9 minutes ago, divica said:

Now I am sincerelly lost.

It's okay, I'm somewhere between lost and found.

10 minutes ago, divica said:

Wasn t bloodraven the 3ER in both books and show?

Nope

11 minutes ago, divica said:

Or only highly implied in the book?

Nope.

10 minutes ago, maudisdottir said:

I can enjoy both, and I absolutely do.

So do I.

5 minutes ago, Faera said:

*Clicks links* You are quite correct, my lady! ^_^

Tee-hee, @kissdbyfire means that you are using the term "3ER"-- it's Crow. Three-Eyed-Crow in the books.

Hide contents

Now I think about it... was Old Man Tree even Bloodraven in The Abomination? :huh:

I can almost swer I remember hearing bran saying something along the lines

"You are brynden rivers [...]"

1 minute ago, divica said:

I can almost swer I remember hearing bran saying something along the lines

"You are brynden rivers [...]"

Hmmmm, I don't think he does as far as I can recall... Unless it is a deleted scene I haven't seen? Anyone else? (I am genuinely curious whether Old Tree Man was ever confirmed in-"Abomination" as Bloodraven).

2 hours ago, divica said:

We have no idea if he can use any weirwood tree to access the weirnet and if he doesn t have to fuse with the tree to remain alive long enough until the next greenseer appears. But more than that, I think bran's journey is about developing his powers and finding the hidden histories of westeros. For that leaving the cave would be a waste of time...

Judging from his writing style and how the ASOIAF books have been published in the past, I think it's reasonable to assume two, three at most. The true matter would be how many years it'd be between the release of those 2-3 books.

33 minutes ago, divica said:

LOL I had never noticed they changed crow to raven! Did they ever explain why?

No explanation.  Just like the other changes to characters that are not the same in the show as the books perhaps.  Perhaps D&D asked if BR was the 3EC and didn't get an answer.

Archived