NFL 2017 Championship: The Whiff Six

Jace, Extat

17 minutes ago, briantw said:

Picking a team to root for in this one is like deciding between cancer and AIDS.

Yup, classic meteor game, everybody loses in this scenario. But Pats are already a dynasty so what's one more? Keeping Eagles fans with that zero title count is just too much fun, and we really need that to continue. 

I also like that my team is the only one to beat Pats in the Owl. Eli is their Adam Warlock.

20 hours ago, Fiddler said:

I want to hesitate calling that hit intentional.  But, when the player that all of the experts have said will cause your team the most problem is suddenly hit like that and the defense seems to celebrate and congratulate the hitter (almost like he just collected a bounty) was a bit dodgy to me.  No one will care because it was against the Patriots, but it did look a little dirty to me.

It was a penalty in the modern NFL, and rightfully so.  But I saw nothing extraordinary about it.  It isn't like he waited until Gronk was on the ground and did a WWF elbow slam.  It looked to me like he was trying to lead with the shoulder and missed.

If you were trying to hurt a member of the Patriots and give your team the best chance of winning, it wouldn't be Gronk but Brady.

22 minutes ago, Bronn Stone said:

It was a penalty in the modern NFL, and rightfully so.  But I saw nothing extraordinary about it.  It isn't like he waited until Gronk was on the ground and did a WWF elbow slam.  It looked to me like he was trying to lead with the shoulder and missed.

If you were trying to hurt a member of the Patriots and give your team the best chance of winning, it wouldn't be Gronk but Brady.

No, you take Brady out with a "dirty" hit you will be out of football.  Take Gronk out with "accidental" helmet to helmet, a penalty and possibly a fine.

I don't think it was dirty hit, just fishy.  In all honesty it probably had more to due with Gronk being a polar bear in a patriots uniform.  Basically he was so big and powerful that hitting him inevitably leads to smacking him in the head at some point.

1 minute ago, Fiddler said:

No, you take Brady out with a "dirty" hit you will be out of football.  Take Gronk out with "accidental" helmet to helmet, a penalty and possibly a fine.

I don't think it was dirty hit, just fishy.  In all honesty it probably had more to due with Gronk being a polar bear in a patriots uniform.  Basically he was so big and powerful that hitting him inevitably leads to smacking him in the head at some point.

Gronk will probably play at  Super Bowl  time and if so, that will create all kinds matchup difficulties for the eagles players coaching staff.  

54 minutes ago, Ramsay B. said:

Yup, classic meteor game, everybody loses in this scenario. But Pats are already a dynasty so what's one more? Keeping Eagles fans with that zero title count is just too much fun, and we really need that to continue. 

I also like that my team is the only one to beat Pats in the Owl. Eli is their Adam Warlock.

Im a Pats fan I have no bad thoughts about the Giant beating us Twice in Super Bowls . They outplayed us and won fair and square.

I don't think Patriots are taking the Eagles lightly  at all  considering  the fact that they got into the Super Bowl with Carson Wentz. Quarterback  Nick  Foles has done a very good job of getting them to the Super Bowl. This Eagles team is very good  a  have won and lost the same number of  Games New England has . 

7 minutes ago, GAROVORKIN said:

Gronk will probably play at  Super Bowl  time and if so, that will create all kinds matchup difficulties for the eagles players coaching staff.  

Are you a Russian?

It's cool, I'm just curious. You're so bland and uninteresting that it, honestly, begs the question. It's like every post you've ever made is focus tested to be as vague and leading as possible. Like a lawyer who knows that they want to ask a tough question to trap a witness but doesn't know anything about the case.

6 minutes ago, WinterFox said:

Are you a Russian?

It's cool, I'm just curious. You're so bland and uninteresting that it, honestly, begs the question. It's like every post you've ever made is focus tested to be as vague and leading as possible. Like a lawyer who knows that they want to ask a tough question to trap a witness but doesn't know anything about the case.

Because  im a very bland  uninteresting person . Does that answer your question? 

14 minutes ago, GAROVORKIN said:

Im a Pats fan I have no bad thoughts about the Giant beating us Twice in Super Bowls . They outplayed us and won fair and square.

I don't think Patriots are taking the Eagles lightly  at all  considering  the fact that they got into the Super Bowl with Carson Wentz. Quarterback  Nick  Foles has done a very good job of getting them to the Super Bowl. This Eagles team is very good  a  have won and lost the same number of  Games New England has . 

Ugh.   I will never, NEVER get over 2007.  Never.  Fucking Eli Manning and fluke plays.  Ugh.  And Tom Coughlin's Jags came reeeallly close to winning yesterday.  Fuck the Giants is what I say but I'm uncharitable like that.

12 minutes ago, WinterFox said:

Are you a Russian?

There is some debate in the US Politics side about this. I have a tough time deciding between carefully constructed sea lion that likes to minimize the difference between parties, or simply an oblivious mediocrity who assumes everyone enjoys the scent of his farts.

Just now, DanteGabriel said:

There is some debate in the US Politics side about this. I have a tough time deciding between carefully constructed sea lion that likes to minimize the difference between parties, or simply an oblivious mediocrity who assumes everyone enjoys the scent of his farts.

Yeah, I wonder if there's something of both in there. Maybe a bot that gained some low form of cunning like the always underestimated Sea Cucumber? 

4 minutes ago, DanteGabriel said:

So, Dante did you look up The Tao of Physics ?:)

31 minutes ago, WinterFox said:

Yeah, I wonder if there's something of both in there. Maybe a bot that gained some low form of cunning like the always underestimated Sea Cucumber? 

Interesting,  I must make it a point to  read up on  Sea Cumbers . They sound very interesting:)

14 minutes ago, GAROVORKIN said:

Ive said nothing either wrong or outrageous , Im trying to be polite  and not  make any waves with my comments , That's all.

I don't know what it is that you want

Tellin' lies with every bit of font

Polite? And right? 

Boy you out your mind?

This the NFL thread, and now your ass is mine

Best be pickin' some outrageous shit to say

Before the end of the day

Or we gonna roll up on yo soft core fandom

Westeros lightning gonna make bitches stand 'em

Up

Like the end of the world

Rainin hard on your head

Smash it like a gourd

Ruin any fucka that compliments a team

Yo last word

Gonna be a scream 

Can't handle mad cats and dogs

Cause they leash done been unclipped from logs

Best quick go and find a stance

Fore this rap hit your brain like a lance

1 hour ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

I don't know what it is that you want

Tellin' lies with every bit of font

Polite? And right? 

Boy you out your mind?

This the NFL thread, and now your ass is mine

Best be pickin' some outrageous shit to say

Before the end of the day

Or we gonna roll up on yo soft core fandom

Westeros lightning gonna make bitches stand 'em

Up

Like the end of the world

Rainin hard on your head

Smash it like a gourd

Ruin any fucka that compliments a team

Yo last word

Gonna be a scream 

Can't handle mad cats and dogs

Cause they leash done been unclipped from logs

Best quick go and find a stance

Fore this rap hit your brain like a lance

That is really good rhyme .B)

But I prefer to be bland and polite when it come to sports.:)

I don't like bland

I don't like brand

I don't like sand

It's rough

It's course

It gets everywhere

And I'm a god motherfucker, back from the dead

Can't stop eatin' your soul when I'm already fed

Full

Full on pain

Runnin' these tracks, a big ass train

Stuffed with brothers who hit dat shit

Sisters trappin' fools, gettin' straight lit

Won't see you, hear you, know you, want you

Broke my foot off in your ass, lost my shoe

Will a real Pats lover please stand up

Your fear runneth over, filled my cup

Got bitches in the front, haters in the back

Want to post with no sight, gonna catch flack

Ain't got a chance when your vision starts to fade

Jace gonna be here castin' that shade

Fight in the dark, battle in the sun

Pony Queen colors just don't run

Does anyone know what's the deal with New England suddenly acquiring James Harrison? I watched both the Steelers vs. Jaguars game a week ago and the Patriots vs. Jaguars yesterday. Harrison was obviously not a game-changing player in the latter, but he was decent -- didn't do anything stupid, had a hand in some pressures and even forced a fumble near the end (the Jaguars recovered, but were rather far back). From reading about it, it seems he was unhappy because the coaching staff wouldn't put him on the field, but that just shifts the question: why wasn't he playing? It's not like the Steelers have obviously better choices at that position -- Harrison did more against Bortles than all of the Steelers (I don't think they sacked him once, never mind making him fumble). Why did the Steelers gift a good player to their archnemesis?

Archived