NFL 2017 Championship: The Whiff Six

Jace, Extat

16 hours ago, IamMe90 said:

Let me give you a serious piece of advice. Stop being intentionally "bland" and polite. Make some waves. It will be infinitely more interesting, regardless of how good or bad what you have to say might be. Seriously, just do it. 

Philly fans are definitely the worst, no doubt. It's the perfect shitstorm of crassness, raw hatred, and total shamelessness.  

Waves ? okay fine,  Fans out there are jealous of New England for the obvious reason that in the Tom Brady /Bill Belichick era we've been to in post season more then then any other team this century. We've been to  8 Super Bowls and have 5 wins . I want to see New England and Brady and Belichick  win number six .  

That wavy enough ? 

Ponder this, New England have the best record in the NFL over the last 15 years when coming off a bye week. Obviously this could be because they are better rested then the team they are playing which isn't the case in the superbowl, or maybe its just with 2 weeks to prepare for another team Belichick comes up with the goods.
edit. Having said that the Eagles have the second best record so ignore that fact.

30 minutes ago, GAROVORKIN said:

Waves ? okay fine,  Fans out there are jealous of New England for the obvious reason that in the Tom Brady /Bill Belichick era we've been to in post season more then then any other team this century. We've been to  8 Super Bowls and have 5 wins . I want to see New England and Brady and Belichick  win number six .  

That wavy enough ? 

Also, other teams are run by little girls and their home regions have inferior potassium.

7 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

Sunday’s game makes me wonder if teams shouldn’t let their coordinators  interview for new jobs until the team’s season is over. Because our offense and defense was not prepared for that game and our OC and DC were fielding interviews all week.

In all fairness, so did the Pats O and D coordinators. 

My favorite Pats stats so far:

- Among active starters with at least 15 career opportunities, Brady has the best record at game-winning drive opportunities at 54-39 (.581), while Bortles has the second worst at 7-24 (.226).

- Teams Trailing by 10+ Points in 4th Quarter in Playoff Games - Last 10 Seasons -- Patriots: 3-4; Rest of NFL: 3-70

- In the last four playoff games where the Pats trailed by ten or more points (not necessarily in the fourth quarter), the Pats are 4-0. (v. Jax, 2017 AFC Championship game; v. Atlanta, 2016 Superbowl; v. Seattle, 2014 Superbowl; v. Baltimore, 2014 Divisional Round where the Pats trailed by 10+ two separate times in the game).

So, Eagles, you're best plan: don't take the lead. Its just what the Patriots are expecting. I am only half-joking.

6 hours ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

Yeah, I actually think the opposite. And I'm sorry that this happened to your team man, and I'm staying on this bandwagon until the driver covers up a rape.

But the ability to see through the distractions and keep on focus is something you need in a HC. And if they can't handle interviews and excitement, maybe they shouldn't be a Head Coach.

It's why Giants fans are suddenly rethinking this Pat Schumer thing.

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree on this one, though honestly I don't think either guy would make a great HC. 

2 hours ago, Ramsay B. said:

Your mind powers will not work on me, girl. Del Rio is up next for D coordinator and I'm loving it.

I wouldn't get too excited about Schumer. I think he's pretty middle of the pack as far as OCs go. Our offense was actually rather basic: get the ball to Diggs and Thielen. They would often turn regular routes into huge plays. They also bailed Keenum out a lot. I was listening to breakdown about how Keenum had more uncatchable balls turn into catches than just about any other QB in the league. And Schumer wasn't the one who fixed our O-Line scheme. I'm not wishing him or your team any ill will, but it's not an exciting hire in my book. I would have gone after McDaniels like a mad man.

25 minutes ago, Rockroi said:

In all fairness, so did the Pats O and D coordinators. 

My favorite Pats stats so far:

- Among active starters with at least 15 career opportunities, Brady has the best record at game-winning drive opportunities at 54-39 (.581), while Bortles has the second worst at 7-24 (.226).

- Teams Trailing by 10+ Points in 4th Quarter in Playoff Games - Last 10 Seasons -- Patriots: 3-4; Rest of NFL: 3-70

- In the last four playoff games where the Pats trailed by ten or more points (not necessarily in the fourth quarter), the Pats are 4-0. (v. Jax, 2017 AFC Championship game; v. Atlanta, 2016 Superbowl; v. Seattle, 2014 Superbowl; v. Baltimore, 2014 Divisional Round where the Pats trailed by 10+ two separate times in the game).

So, Eagles, you're best plan: don't take the lead. Its just what the Patriots are expecting. I am only half-joking.

Yeah, but I like your coordinators a lot more. Schumer is getting overly praised for turning Keenum into a top 10ish starter and the DC, whose name I don't even know off the top of my head, is not responsible for the Vikings defense. That's all Zimmer.

As far as great stats go, I heard one similar to what you listed. Tom Brady has an NFL record of having the most double digit fourth quarter playoff comebacks. He's done it four times. No other qualifying NFL QB has ever had more than one. If true, that's amazing.

5 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree on this one, though honestly I don't think either guy would make a great HC. 

I wouldn't get too excited about Schumer. I think he's pretty middle of the pack as far as OCs go. Our offense was actually rather basic: get the ball to Diggs and Thielen. They would often turn regular routes into huge plays. They also bailed Keenum out a lot. I was listening to breakdown about how Keenum had more uncatchable balls turn into catches than just about any other QB in the league. And Schumer wasn't the one who fixed our O-Line scheme. I'm not wishing him or your team any ill will, but it's not an exciting hire in my book. I would have gone after McDaniels like a mad man.

Yeah, but I like your coordinators a lot more. Schumer is getting overly praised for turning Keenum into a top 10ish starter and the DC, whose name I don't even know off the top of my head, is not responsible for the Vikings defense. That's all Zimmer.

As far as great stats go, I heard one similar to what you listed. Tom Brady has an NFL record of having the most double digit fourth quarter playoff comebacks. He's done it four times. No other qualifying NFL QB has ever had more than one. If true, that's amazing.

I love that you're calling him Schumer now :P

6 minutes ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

I love that you're calling him Schumer now :P

Lol, politics on the brain. :P

Anyways, coaches probably don't matter that much, except at the margins, unless they're elite coaches like Belichick and Popovich. 

Just now, Tywin et al. said:

Lol, politics on the brain. :P

Anyways, coaches probably don't matter that much, except at the margins, unless they're elite coaches like Belichick and Popovich. 

I called him Schumer in my post that you quoted.

Your mind belongs to me.

1 hour ago, Tywin et al. said:

McDaniels has always been my first choice but for whatever reason Giants just never seem to listen to me. 

The excitement was more for the Del Rio potential hiring as DC. I think that's a really smart move and makes me feel better about everything as his days in Denver were a success, and the Spags era obviously ran its course. I'm pretty indifferent about the hiring of Shurmur as I honestly have no idea what this guy is gonna bring to the table. 

2 hours ago, Ramsay B. said:

McDaniels has always been my first choice but for whatever reason Giants just never seem to listen to me. 

The excitement was more for the Del Rio potential hiring as DC. I think that's a really smart move and makes me feel better about everything as his days in Denver were a success, and the Spags era obviously ran its course. I'm pretty indifferent about the hiring of Shurmur as I honestly have no idea what this guy is gonna bring to the table. 

What’s this about Boomer Esiason calling out Del Rio for being a rat? Heard something about it, but can’t find much. 

21 hours ago, Nictarion said:

I’ve been going to Columbus to cheer for an opposing team (Devils) for years. Never had a single problem. I assume you had a bad experience with Buckeyes fans?

Yep, purely OSU based. In my original post I mentioned I was a Michigan fan and specifically cited OSU. I know quite a few people who have made the trip down there and not one said they would ever go back.Now, I am sure that there have been instances with Michigan fans treating fuckeyes poorly also, but it's not rampant and looked upon with pride like it is in columbus.

As to the whole interview thing, to me, no one should be able to interview until the season is over for everyone.

16 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

Phillys fans have made a big mistake. If they had won gracefully, there would be no retaliation. But Vikings fans are furious at how they behaved, and they have to come to our city now. They should expect equal treatment.

And the bad thing is that if something like that does happen in Minnesota (which I doubt will happen) you know it won't happen to the people who deserve it. It will be some poor innocent fan paying for the sins of someone else. Now, that said, if I was a eggles fan and was out to eat in Minnesota I sure as hell would not be wearing any jerseys, you know how people like to spit and do other unmentionable things to food!

Archived