NCAA Basketball 2017: In the March of Madness

Ded As Ned

I’m having a horrid year. The only person I’m ahead of is Ned’s progeny, and he’s what, 10? The only upside I have right now is I still have 15 of my Sweet 16 teams left, but the one missing was one of my Final Four candidates.

It's a rigged system, folks! 

Miller for Murray St has some amazing hair.  Although, if he shaved his head, he could probably gain a couple inches on his vertical.  It would be like wearing ankle weights all year (10 years? - to grow that), and taking them off for the NCAA tournament.

Wow, the male announcer for the WVU-Murray St game just said Jim Valvano's still looking for somebody to hug (after WVU airballed into 2 points).  No, dude, I'm pretty sure he's not.

I wish WVU and Texas weren't playing in the same time slot. 

7 hours ago, S John said:

What venue was that that didn’t have beer?  Or is that an NCAA tournament rule or something? I watched the Texas Tech game but didn’t pay attention to the venue other than that it was in Dallas. 

Some of the Big 12 venues serve alcohol at games.  Texas and West Virginia do for sure, maybe Tech does as well and that’s why the TTU fans were flustered.  

It's a NCAA tourney rule. Yeah, my buddy was saying that they serve alcohol at some conference tourney's too. Weird.

14 minutes ago, Ramsay B. said:

It's a NCAA tourney rule. Yeah, my buddy was saying that they serve alcohol at some conference tourney's too. Weird.

It's a moronic rule. One, what's the point of watching a live match if you can't a few low quality, over priced beers and two, all it does is force people to get really drunk before the game. And the flask. Never forget the flask. I very clearly have a lot of experience with this from my college days.

Plus it's a huge loss of revenue. Why not create a system where you can only buy 2-3 drinks per game. It wouldn't be hard if you want to spend a little money to set up an electronic system. 

Nevada's leading scorer for the year was having a poor game scoring at 9.  He's now 3-3 from 3 in OT, with an assist to his brother as well.  Nevada as a team is 6-6 in OT.  Texas misses Bamba (fouled out at the end of regulation).

Oh for the love of god I'm 15/24 right now. 

ETA:

Ha! I am now tied with Bronn though. Everything's coming up Tywin! 

Also, why on a message board for ASOIAF and GoT, does the spell check not know the names of main characters? Seems odd to me.  

56 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Also, why on a message board for ASOIAF and GoT, does the spell check not know the names of main characters? Seems odd to me.  

Isn't it your browser doing the spell checking, not the board's software?  

46 minutes ago, Ramsay B. said:

Nevada coach dropping F bombs like it's nothing in front of cameras. Love it.

That guy is... high strung. 

9 minutes ago, RedEyedGhost said:

The last shot of Virginia's bench shows just how nervous they are right now.  I still think they'll win, but this is getting to them.

Up 16 with 12 minutes to go!!! They look like a JV squad playing against men.  I don't even know what UMBC stands for, but go for it boys!

In the paranoid inferiority complex that only a true sports fan can have... I never have truly wanted Kentucky to be a number 1 seed.

I always said, “Someday; a 16 will beat a 1... and I don’t want UK to be the answer to that trivia question.”

I may not have to worry about that much longer...

Archived