Exercise & Fitness

Greywolf2375

So, something like drinking a lot of water, then doing an hour of cardio with heavy sweatshirt/sweatpants, then sitting for a while in the sauna?

Seriously, I don't want to extreme or unhealthy, but I do want to be able to carry off the dress with no excess water bulging/and very cut muscles.

Some people do crazy stuff like sit in saunas for hours eating ice chips to remove all excess water from the skin.

Here is a plan to get cut in six days. You have to be in pretty good shape for a "peaking" plan to work. Also, you can't maintain this state for more than a day or two because you're only manipulating water content in the body. It works well if you need to look real good for one day.

Edit: It's really not safe to do it on a routine basis, but every once in awhile is not going to kill you.

Well I'm screwed. I haven't been able to run in almost a week due to pain and illness. I'm still not completely over the sickness, but I finally caved and went to a doctor. Race is in three days, I guess I'll have to deal with it.

It was never supposed to be my PR, just a stepping stone towards July. And I've dealt with setbacks before.

My guess is that they stuff them under and to the left.

I also wonder the little tricks they use that Stego referred to one time to look super-cut the day of the competition.

Two of my friends just went through training for some competitions. I'd never do what they did - just the last week before the competition consisted of starting at 64oz of water a day 7 days out and cutting it in half each day up to the day of the comp. That's it - no other liquids. The other things they did to have the thin skin appearance were just yicky.

Did shoulders yesterday...no pain from the left one and no issues with my neck. Still going to go back to the chiro later this week to make sure I haven't messed myself up, but was really happy to get through without issue. Knees are feeling better too, so I may be able to start back in on a consistent leg workout as well.

A lot of things have to do with drugs, Emilie.

The standard fat loss tool is the ECA stack. You stack ephedrine with caffeine and add aspirin to thin the blood. This increases your metabolism by 5-10% in and of itself. (Which is huge.) It also increases your energy and decreases your appetite significantly. The synergy of these three things works for amazing fat loss in a very short time. Ephedrine is now illegal in the United States, however. That has never stopped a competitive bodybuilder, though.

When dangerous drugs like this aren't fast enough, there's always Clenbuterol. Clen is a beta agonist and is basically a stronger form of ephedrine. It rattles your central nervous system. It makes you breathe better. You think you can run marathons. The panic attacks can be insane. Fat will fall off you in heaping handfuls.

Not fast enough? T3 will work even faster! (Or it can be used in conjunction with Clen for uber fat loss.) T3 (or Triiodothyronine) is the thyroid hormone that controls your metabolism. You don't burn fat fast enough? Go straight to the source! Obviously supplementing with this can be dangerous. It is theoretically possible to fuck up your thyroid forever and need supplementation forever. This is unlikely if done intelligently, though. If taken the right way, this is probably a lot safer than Clen.

Let's not forget that human growth hormone will also help with fat loss. Pretty significantly from what I hear. I wish I could try it myself and find out. Seems like a wonder drug. It's illegal without a prescription like everything else I've mentioned.

Something that is legal and that everyone in body competitions uses is some sort of diuretic. (Some use stronger, prescription strength diuretics.) A diuretic basically reduces the amount of water in your system. This is a temp fix that should NEVER be used in real life. Water is too important to your health. People would be better off spending time in a sauna if they absolutely must.

There's a lot of body painting and creams (like prep H) and topical diuretics and other untold nastiness. I've heard gross stories.

Today's workout, pistols still need work for my left leg. I'll start adding weight when I can do this whole workout without shaking towards the end.

3x5 of the following bodyweight only still, no rest

pistols (left leg is still very weak at the bottom half of the movement)

step-ups

single leg deadlift (as demonstrated in the Big 9 pdf, also more difficult with my left leg)

bulgarian split-squats (gotta work on my form, I was leaning forward too much on the last two sets)

standing leg lifts (only 1x30s of this)

lunges

split-squats

single leg calf raises

lunging calf raises (left leg shook on the eccentric portion)

single leg calf raise during phantom chair

assisted glute-ham raise negatives

The whole workout took ~40 minutes

5k tomorrow

A lot of things have to do with drugs, Emilie.

The standard fat loss tool is the ECA stack. You stack ephedrine with caffeine and add aspirin to thin the blood. This increases your metabolism by 5-10% in and of itself. (Which is huge.) It also increases your energy and decreases your appetite significantly. The synergy of these three things works for amazing fat loss in a very short time. Ephedrine is now illegal in the United States, however. That has never stopped a competitive bodybuilder, though.

Whaaa... At some point it must be pointed out that rapid weight loss is NOT healthy under almost any circumstance.

When dangerous drugs like this aren't fast enough, there's always Clenbuterol. Clen is a beta agonist and is basically a stronger form of ephedrine. It rattles your central nervous system. It makes you breathe better. You think you can run marathons. The panic attacks can be insane. Fat will fall off you in heaping handfuls.

People who use asthma medication for weight loss or athletic training are nuts.

Not fast enough? T3 will work even faster! (Or it can be used in conjunction with Clen for uber fat loss.) T3 (or Triiodothyronine) is the thyroid hormone that controls your metabolism. You don't burn fat fast enough? Go straight to the source! Obviously supplementing with this can be dangerous. It is theoretically possible to fuck up your thyroid forever and need supplementation forever. This is unlikely if done intelligently, though. If taken the right way, this is probably a lot safer than Clen.

It's not just a matter of fucking up your thyroid - the weight loss associated with excess thyroid hormone is pathologic and accompanied by a variety of other nasty symptoms, including anxiety, heat intolerance, hair loss, weakness, fatigue, palpitations, diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, tremor, and arrhythmias.

Let's not forget that human growth hormone will also help with fat loss. Pretty significantly from what I hear. I wish I could try it myself and find out. Seems like a wonder drug. It's illegal without a prescription like everything else I've mentioned.

I don't think there's any good evidence that it helps with athletic training. And you could end up like this.

Something that is legal and that everyone in body competitions uses is some sort of diuretic. (Some use stronger, prescription strength diuretics.) A diuretic basically reduces the amount of water in your system. This is a temp fix that should NEVER be used in real life. Water is too important to your health. People would be better off spending time in a sauna if they absolutely must.

There's a lot of body painting and creams (like prep H) and topical diuretics and other untold nastiness. I've heard gross stories.

Do people actually start taking Lasix for body competitions? INSANITY. I'm stunned. Do not fuck with your fluid balance for aesthetic or "athletic" reasons. Kidneys don't like it and will only put up with so much.

Ephedrine is actually pretty mild as far as sympathomimetics go. It's illegal because it's a precursor for methamphetamine. While there have been a few ephedrine related deaths due to abuse and pre-existing medical conditions, the side-effects observed in numerous studies have been pretty much the following:

ephedrine plus caffeine, or ephedra plus caffeine is associated with 2-3 times the risk of nausea, vomiting, psychiatric symptoms such as anxiety and change in mood, autonomic hyperactivity, and palpitations. The contribution of caffeine to these symptoms cannot be determined.

Nothing to write home about really. You could basically get the same sides from just drinking loads of coffee.

With that said let's make one thing clear. I'm not trying to promote the stuff and I don't use illegal drugs myself. I like to read studies though and some of those studies concern sport and weight loss supplementation. Ephedrine pops up a lot in those studies and its effects have been studied extensively. Is it dangerous? Not really. Does it make you miraculously lose fat? No, but it does help a bit if you're doing the other stuff right. Mostly the fat loss against a placebo is statistically significant and amounts to ca. extra 0,2-0,6 pounds per week. Yay... Pretty short of amazing in my opinion.

Whaaa... At some point it must be pointed out that rapid weight loss is NOT healthy under almost any circumstance.

My wife and I had this conversation about our friends actually. The goal isn't "healthy" - the goal is ripped; watching them eat, they were getting plenty of calories, but starving themselves. Yes, people will do stupid shit that, even as someone that really enjoys working out, makes me go all Freedom Williams..."things that make you go hmmmm"

yeah...so I got yelled at by a gym worker for doing burpees. Was in the aerobics room, someone came in to stretch and complained that I was making too much noise - interrupting her stretching routine. I sometimes wonder about people.

yeah...so I got yelled at by a gym worker for doing burpees. Was in the aerobics room, someone came in to stretch and complained that I was making too much noise - interrupting her stretching routine. I sometimes wonder about people.

lolwut? You should have complained that her stretching was interrupting your workout.

3.3 miles in 29 mins today, so a ~9 min mile pace. I slacked on the last 0.9 miles (so the total is 4.2 miles) which gave me a total time of 44 minutes. The muscle right above my heels is certainly feeling it today. Abs later tonight if I don't forget.

Pulled hamstring update:

It's been one week since I pulled a hamstring while foolishly attempting to run a 4x100 meter relay in cold weather with insufficient sprinting training, as discussed in the previous Exercise & Fitness thread. I've spent the week religiously adhering to the R.I.C.E protocol (rest, ice, compression and elevation), adding some very careful stretching the last three days. So far, I seem to be recovering very well. In everyday life, I almost don't notice the injury at all. I don't feel anything while at rest, and also not while walking at slow or moderate speeds. When I walk very fast, I occasionally feel a weird cramp-like sensation which immediately disappears. I can do deep bodyweight squats without any pain.

I plan to try some very light squats and deadlifts tomorrow, and slowly increase the weights in the next few workouts if everything feels OK. I'll wait at least a couple of weeks before I try running, jumping or olympic lifts again.

I just realized in Lany's car thread that I can actually ride my bike to my new job. If I had to guess I'd say it's probably about 7 flat miles each way. My bike is a folding Strida that I used when I lived in Chicago so I should be able to store it easily at work. We also have a locker room and showers there so I could clean up when I got there and then dress for my shift. Not sure about riding home at 3am though-there would be little traffic but what there was would be pretty sketchy! If I didn't feel like it I could always grab a cab from the hotel to get home and toss the bike in the trunk.

I'm digging this plan...

makes me go all Freedom Williams..."things that make you go hmmmm"

In one sentence you showed both your age and your ass. Fucking awesome, Brad!

I have been running, but I haven't lifted a thing since Saturday when I had some more work done on my tattoo. Ouchie.

3.3 miles in 29 mins today, so a ~9 min mile pace. I slacked on the last 0.9 miles (so the total is 4.2 miles) which gave me a total time of 44 minutes. The muscle right above my heels is certainly feeling it today. Abs later tonight if I don't forget.

Nice work!

I got about 2 miles in Saturday at 8:30 pace. Going to do 3 miles today at same. I'm thinking of doing 5 on Saturday. Would love to be able to keep it around 9-9:30...

got two circuits in today, really shitty times: 26:10 and 32:22. a miserably black day otherwise, but in good news, my mood improved post-workout for about the first time in a month. I also biked to the gym and turned around and biked home when I realized I forgot to pack gym shorts. then I drove to the gym and still got in my workout. once I'd gone to the effort once I wasn't gonna let an excuse get created for me.

Pulled hamstring update:

It's been one week since I pulled a hamstring while foolishly attempting to run a 4x100 meter relay in cold weather with insufficient sprinting training, as discussed in the previous Exercise & Fitness thread. I've spent the week religiously adhering to the R.I.C.E protocol (rest, ice, compression and elevation), adding some very careful stretching the last three days. So far, I seem to be recovering very well. In everyday life, I almost don't notice the injury at all. I don't feel anything while at rest, and also not while walking at slow or moderate speeds. When I walk very fast, I occasionally feel a weird cramp-like sensation which immediately disappears. I can do deep bodyweight squats without any pain.

I plan to try some very light squats and deadlifts tomorrow, and slowly increase the weights in the next few workouts if everything feels OK. I'll wait at least a couple of weeks before I try running, jumping or olympic lifts again.

It went ... OK ... I guess. I loaded the bar with a puny 60 kg and did two sets of ten squats, which felt easy and comfortable. The only unusual thing was that the left leg hamstrings (the injured side) felt noticeably tighter than usual at the bottom of the squats. Deadlifts, on the other hand, didn't work at all. I did a single rep at 60 kg, and the pain in the hamstrings when the bar passed the knee was sufficiently bad that I immediately gave up. It's frustrating not to be able to deadlift a weight that was an easy power clean warmup weight less than two weeks ago, but I feel confident that everything will be back to normal after a week or two of rest and frequent stretching.

I feel confident that everything will be back to normal after a week or two of rest and frequent stretching.

Don't overdo the stretching. Stretching an injured muscle too hard too often can be just as detrimental to recovery as complete immobility.

In other news, I've discovered that finding racing flats or trail shoes in 2E width, let alone 4E width, is next to impossible. I've also discovered that in the USA there are many wonderful shoes I would like to buy that seem not to exist in the UK. Maybe they disappear when they pass over where Wales would be.

In other news, I've discovered that finding racing flats or trail shoes in 2E width, let alone 4E width, is next to impossible. I've also discovered that in the USA there are many wonderful shoes I would like to buy that seem not to exist in the UK. Maybe they disappear when they pass over where Wales would be.

Hope this helps.

http://www.runnersworld.com/community/forums/runner-communities/barefoot-running/minimalist-shoe-wide-feet?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Runner%20CommunitiesForum:887b8e6c-ecb8-4ae7-a3ef-0f12bf559034Discussion:a1128787-319a-4ffe-8047-456a918052dcPost:d01073ea-df65-4c9c-8f20-9ec4c84d12e3

Archived