NFL Thread #5

BLU-RAY

MARK SANCHEZ YOU TOUCHDOWN-VULTURING FUCKSTICK!

Man, why is this a nationally televised game? Someone dropped the ball, who the hell thought Miami would be good television coming into the year?

Also, I really appreciate the heart that Fitzpatrick plays with and what he does for the Bills, but they need to get the dude some HGH for his arm or something. That backbreaking pick this week was entirely due to an underthrow (as was another pick from earlier in the game, and several incompletions IIRC). This is worse than watching Chad Pennington.

Quote one post of mine where I've used "9ers". I'm a Niners fan, dammit!

Not going to happen. You make a good point.

I'll accept that I'm mistaken, and it was probably arrowfan, ot trickster or someone. It was one of you fl00bs though damnit. Still, that's on me. ;) *gentle handshakes for everybody*

Also, ORLY!?

Check out paragraph 9,10.11

I'll accept that I'm mistaken, and it was probably arrowfan, ot trickster or someone. It was one of you fl00bs though damnit. Still, that's on me. ;) *gentle handshakes for everybody*

Also, ORLY!?

The most recent offender was RockRoi, I believe. But hey, he's a Noreaster. He probably refers to San Francisco as Frisco. ;)

As to the article you posted, I felt the same way when camp started. I thought we were boned. Hell, if not for the lockout, Alex Smith might be on some other teams' roster. Mull that one over.

The most recent offender was RockRoi, I believe. But hey, he's a Noreaster. He probably refers to San Francisco as Frisco. ;)

As to the article you posted, I felt the same way when camp started. I thought we were boned. Hell, if not for the lockout, Alex Smith might be on some other teams' roster. Mull that one over.

Yeah, but a Harbaugh/Schwartz dinner/smack talk in the off season? This story may have legs after all.

Also, for some reason many other fans on this board are also 49er's fans. Can't explain it, but it's been strangely comforting over the last five years.

ETA: Other than the outside chance we could land Matt Hasselbeck, I didn't give two shit's about the 49ers QB this year. I was just looking forward to Hockey.

D'OH!

Was it really smack talk though? It seemed to me like it was one young head coach who had been through the first year already giving some advice to another young head coach who was in his first year.

Personally I also thought all of the new coaches and rookie QBs were boned for the most part. They were the ones I thought the shortened offseason would effect.

Was it really smack talk though? It seemed to me like it was one young head coach who had been through the first year already giving some advice to another young head coach who was in his first year.

I spose it depends on how you take it. The more I read about Jim Harbaugh, I'm guessing he took it as an insult. The guy is apparently competitive to a fault. Bordering on obssessive.

Dude. Seriously? After what we saw a few days ago?

It think it was a former Pro-Bowl quarterback turned successfull college coach taking umbrage at one of Belichick's cast-off puler's disparaging remarks during Thanksgiving Dinner. But that's just me.

Also, ORLY!?

Guilty as charged :blushing:

Dude. Seriously? After what we saw a few days ago?

It think it was a former Pro-Bowl quarterback turned successfull college coach taking umbrage at one of Belichick's cast-off puler's disparaging remarks during Thanksgiving Dinner. But that's just me.

Honestly? I have no doubt at this point that Harbaugh took it that way. I'm also not saying it wasn't meant that way. Without the context of him saying it and the conversation going on around them there is no way of knowing whether it really came off as disparaging remarks.

In the end what I take from the coach going ons is this:

Harbaugh is a dick. He was from all acounts when he was a player, when he was a college coach and now when he is a pro coach. It doesn't matter though because he is a good coach who the players love and he will succeed in this league, IMO. If your a dick but you win its no big deal.

Swartz is an emotional dick. I don't see him rubbing people the wrong way(no real reports to that effect) the way Harbaugh has done, but he lets his emotions get the better of him to often. Whether its talking smack to bryant on the sidelines, telling another coach to learn the f'ing rules or even the fist pump after a win. Again, same as Harbaugh, it may not matter in the end. I think Swartz has a lot in common with Harbaugh and he may end up succeeding.

Truthfully, I don't think I would like to hang out with either coach, but if they can help my team win(or yours in Harbaugh's case) then I don't care what antics they get up to. I just want to see my Lions win for a change.

Out of morbid curiosity, I turned on the Jets-Dolphins game last night to watch the first quarter. That is 15 minutes of my life that I will never get back. Fucking atrocious. I hope a meteorite crushes both teams into meatpaste.

Yeah. Hard to watch such really bad football. Especially given that it was up against re-runs of the Big Bang Theory.

And it's a done deal. Bengals got a kings ransom for a player they would no longer play. Finally Brown does something right.

When I saw the news I had to reread to make sure I didn't read it wrong. Great deal for the Bengals.

Archived