Season 3 First Look Featurette

Westeros

Just got a quick look at it there during a short break in work.

Richard Madden`s little speech makes me sad.

Yeah,

I wonder how he feels on a personal level, leaving the show and the rest of his rookie chums on the show get to carry on. It's not like with Boromir in LOTR where flashbacks were able to put Sean Bean in the movies a number of times after Boromir had died. So *he writes with crossed fingers* with his death comes the absolute end if his involvement on the show. Still hopefully on to bigger (if not necessarily better) things.

Yeah,

I wonder how he feels on a personal level, leaving the show and the rest of his rookie chums on the show get to carry on. It's not like with Boromir in LOTR where flashbacks were able to put Sean Bean in the movies a number of times after Boromir had died. So *he writes with crossed fingers* with his death comes the absolute end if his involvement on the show. Still hopefully on to bigger (if not necessarily better) things.

well, by the end of season 4 he'll be in good company

Awesome first look. No real problems with any of the new characters' looks.

Biggest thing that bugged me were the wonky new Unsullied armor, which I'm sure was a cost-cutting measure.

Nice to see glimpses of a few iconic scenes - Jaime & Brienne dueling, Arya & Gendry with the BWB, Edmure firing off a flaming arrow (which had better damn well miss).

This was sick. The Reed's look absolutely awesome, especially Meera, I cant wait for them. Im still not sure about Mance though, he looks so old. Im stoked though, I cant wait for season 3 to start.

I must say, I'm thoroughly delighted with the featurette. Although shorter than I had imagined, it managed to surpass my already high expectations. I got such chills when Vargo...I mean Locke, and the BM were shown riding under the Flayed Man. Even from that very brief shot you can almost sense Locke's arrogance. Fantastic video.

But for God's sake, I need to see a confirmation of Roose Bolton/ Michael Mcelhatton, please! He is not listed among the characters! Are you concerned?

But for God's sake, I need to see a confirmation of Roose Bolton/ Michael Mcelhatton, please! He is not listed among the characters! Are you concerned?

I wouldn't be too concerned, I'm sure he's still on the bill. I can't wait to see more scenes with him, and with him as the central focus in those scenes!

EDIT: I found official confirmation from his agent that he will be reprising the role!

http://www.lisarichards.ie/actorsm/michael-mcelhatton-actor

Finally!

First off AMAZING costumes all the way through. Can't wait to see more of what King's Landing will have in store for us there. Margaery looked as lovely as ever of what we got to see, and Tywin actually manages to look even cooler in his formal atire than he did in his awesome armor (can't wait for his scenes with Joffrey!). The Reeds, Tullys, Unsullied, all looked awesome even though I might have imagined them all a bit differently while reading. As we've gotten to see before all the Meereen characters look great aswell, just have to hope they've been able to match it with an equally great Meereen, which won't have been an easy thing to do.

Was especially glad to get a glimpse of Mance here. Having only recently watched Rome I was thrilled to see how awesome Ciaran seems to be. I must admit that from what we saw I had hoped he would look a bit younger and also a bit more... majestic, perhaps. A bit more like we saw in Rome. But I won't make up my mind about this after only having seen a 2 second glimpse of him where I don't even have any idea of what hes doing. Am extremely confident I won't be disappointed here really.

I'm starting to think skipping Vargo Hoat and going with Bolton men instead actually might be a good idea. I read the books only after seeing both S1 and S2 and recall having no idea who the hell the guy giving Robb advice all the time might be and I think a lot of people who only watch the show feel a bit the same, so IMO Roose and Boltonmen in general need as much screen time as possible before a certain wedding so everyone watching knows exactly who they are. What we saw of Locke's men looked great for that matter, exactly how I'd imagine your average Bolton-man.

One thought: What is up with keeping Iwan Rheon and Ramsey hidden? Every S3 casting but his has been announced with both the actor/actress and who theyre playing. Iwan has hardly been confirmed to even be on the show, let alone been announced as Ramsey and is unlike any other new cast member not allowed to to even divulge who he's playing. In addition now we don't even get a glimpse of him in the trailer. What reason might Dave and Dan have to keep him unseen and unknown of through all this?

This was sick. The Reed's look absolutely awesome, especially Meera, I cant wait for them. Im still not sure about Mance though, he looks so old. Im stoked though, I cant wait for season 3 to start.

Book Mance is described as having long grey and laughing lines around his mouth. Not exactly the description of someone young.

One thought: What is up with keeping Iwan Rheon and Ramsey hidden? Every S3 casting but his has been announced with both the actor/actress and who theyre playing. Iwan has hardly been confirmed to even be on the show, let alone been announced as Ramsey and is unlike any other new cast member not allowed to to even divulge who he's playing. In addition now we don't even get a glimpse of him in the trailer. What reason might Dave and Dan have to keep him unseen and unknown of through all this?

He has been confirmed to be playing "Boy", which is a spoiler-free codename of sorts for Ramsay. I think they are just trying to keep him completely under wraps, because if they give him a name, that leads to questions, questions lead to answers, and answers lead to...Reek, which is obviously a major spoiler. I think it serves more to protect the identity of the Reek character than Ramsay himself, since we're already aware of his existence show-wise from season 2.

I'm disappointed with Meera having a bow. Not so much because I want her to have the weapon of her choice from the books, but because elfin girls being good with bows seem kinda cliche. Having a girl be a deft hand with a spear is a point of difference for her.

I don't believe the PW will be in this season.

Mainly because a certain important person from Dorne will have to be present at the wedding, and that person has not been cast yet.

Oberyn has to get there for the trial, you can do the wedding without him. You'd need to find another place to do the conversation with Tyrion, though...

Edmure's hair colour :bang:

Also loving the scratch Tyrion has accumilated... my cat could do worse. Does this mean Jaime will only lose his little finger?

Sorry. Shall stop being cynical now.

A massive scar across Tyrion's face would be horribly distracting for most of the viewers.

Just wait until we get a look at Bran :). What are they going to do when he's getting as big as Hodor???

When I got to meet Kristian Nairn (Hodor) very briefly, he had mentioned that Bran was like 13 and getting taller and heavier. But Hodor is a very very tall man, so I doubt Bran will get that much of a growth spurt. Although they seemed to be travelling via a makeshift wheelborrow in last season.

I have to admit for the first time since the end of season 2 i am actually excited about season 3 now, Jojen and Meera finally!.

Couldn't have said it better. Right when I'm so engaged in other series (The walking Dead, BE, Homeland) and I start to forget my love for GoT, they give us this glimpse of what's been missing. I actually got giddy over that glimpse!

Edit: Olenna looked awesome! Although she is much taller than I imagined (I thought she was small in stature) and seems to be missing Left & Right.

I don't believe the PW will be in this season.

As it happens, there's a lively thread going discussing this very question:

http://asoiaf.wester...-3-or-season-4/

(There are spoilers for Season 3 in that thread relating to filming and such, so be warned.)

A massive scar across Tyrion's face would be horribly distracting for most of the viewers.

Agreed. I knew they wouldn't ruin TV Tyrion's face. Tyrion is the face of the series, essentially, the most popular character for the TV adaptation, the most iconic, the one played by the actor who won an Emmy for the role, etc. etc. They're not going to give him some huge, disfiguring scar when they're plastering his face on all their promotional materials. Of the four Season 3 shots that were shown in the HBO Yearender promo, two were of Tyrion. It was never going to happen, and I'm surprised frankly that anyone's surprised about this.

Hmmmm now you guys got me thinking...

I would love if they skipped Sansa and Tyrion's wedding because let's be honest it isn't THAT important. Yes there is the whole "heir to Winterfell" thing but I think it would be great if they cut it out, made the RW episode 9 (crushing every single viewer and breaking their hearts) and then in episode 10 build them back up with the PW. There IS enough material left to fill season four and to be honest I think it's a better way to close the season. Viewers won't feel robbed

Archived