[Book Spoilers] Last Scene of the Episode

crazibouncer

next season ending with Tyrion killing Shea and Tywin, last shot can either be Arya sailing to Braavos or killing/burning "Mance" or Bran meeting the children...but I'm pretty sure episode 9 next season will be battle at the wall, what happens after? who knows

This is perfect.

As for this season, I can't help feel like they're going to resurrect Cat even though it does feel like it's too soon. The episode title has to have multiple meanings. Plus, are the viewers all that invested in Yunkai? Slaver's Bay has been, for the most part, secondary story-wise (with the exception of Dany's epic sack of Astapor.) So much attention has been given to Brienne, Jaime, Stannis and Melisandre, it seems weird if they are not in the finale.

I'd like it, but it doesn't fit in with the story of Lady Stoneheart.

This ending scene would set ridiculously high expectations of Catelyn going on a

killing/revenge spree and emphasize her story in a way that the Book(s) don't live up to (yet).

You do have a point there, but if not UnCat, then what will be a good final scene that can compare with final scenes of the first two.

Season 1 ended with optimism, 2 with a sense of doom, this one I think will end on a good note.

You do have a point there, but if not UnCat, then what will be a good final scene that can compare with final scenes of the first two.

Season 1 ended with optimism, 2 with a sense of doom, this one I think will end on a good note.

I have no idea why you'd think this season would end on a "good" note. :eek:

Hmm, I just thought about the ending scene... Many think a Cat resurrection scene would ruin the shock of the epilogue of aSoS...

Why can't the ending scene be the prologue? News isn't supposed to travel fast in Westeros, and it takes about a week for the details of the Red Wedding to reach King's Landing. when I watch a tv show, unless it explicitly says otherwise, I tend to look at the timeline as a week, more or less passing. If a week or so passes between this ep and next ep in the show timeline, I think it would be plausible to have Stoneheart being arisen and thirsty for revenge.

but since they didn't do the face clawing, I have little hopes for UnCat for the ending.

Even though its utterly perfect.

The opening scene will probably be Robb's body with Grey winds head just to screw with those who were all 'I'm so finished with this show...Ok, I'll watch this because it's the final but if anything bad happens....' and then they see what happened to the bodies- which for me is the worst aspects to the RW. :crying: :ack:

The last scene will either be Lady Stoneheart being born or Dany being all victorious with the uplifting Mysha calling. Hopefully, it will be Lady Stoneheart, I think Dany has had enough epic finale scenes.

What I'd like to see:

Bodies floating down the river, the people if Riverrun pulling them out, mournful as all Hell. Two of the bodies separate, and a figure in black scaled armor rises from the river. It's the Blackfish, and he is not amused.

But yeah, it's probably the Uncat thing.

Or maybe Jon Snow finding Ygritte's body. You know, just to fuck with the unsullied a little bit more.

At this point, it's either UnCat, or Coldhands. For the latter, they have to have Sam meet him off camera (the previews show Sam meets Bran this season), so first Sam appears in the Castle and then takes them to Coldhands.

I don't think there's anything else as big as a Season final scene needs to be at this point in the story. Castle Black and Ygritte's death are close, but the show clearly prefers to go with really visually strong images for the end, and Jon's is more of a long sequence.

First I was against LS. But what if they have a couple of scenes next year with the brother hood. We saw Jaime in a castle in the trailer of episode 10. That means, he is at KL. That means that Brienne is there too, so things are little bit changes with Brienne. I think that Jaime asks for Sansa and that Tywin says he's not the king.

But that means that Brienne will probably begin het FfC storyline around episode 7 next season. We can have next season, how Cat is a leader for the Brotherhood. We don't have too see her much, around 4/5 episodes. But we need to see Thoros for example.

3 possibilities: Beric resurrecting Cat, its not like the book with the big reveal being that Cat is still at the end, Beric resurrects her and then she becomes bloodthirsty and kills Freys throughout the 4th season until they run into Brienne...Euron Greyjoy kills Balon, I think we need to see this happen and not just here about it, Euron is going to be a major player in the future of the series and he needs a big set-up, plus Robb then Balon will make the audience salivate for Joffery's demise next season...MY PERSONAL PREDICTION: Talisa's Letter Reaches Volantis, her family is a very powerful family in Volantis and as her mother celebrates the news of their impending grandchild, the camera pans over a legion of soldiers marching on sequence, it tells the audience that there is a powerful force which is going to want to seek revenge on the Freys, surprising to the book and tv fans.

Anything Lady stoneheart related next episode will be enough for me. I had hoped that the final scene would be the resurrection but after watching episode 9 doubt has gripped me.. It feels to soon. Even though chronologically the resurrection happens 3 days later it's not until the end of the book that we actually see her. Though I can't think of another finale that would be as great. The Crowd of freedmen shouting Mhysa is uplifting but not as thrilling as stonehearts piercing stare.

I'm pretty sure it will be something Stoneheart but I really don't think it will be Beric resurrecting her, or rather, I don't want it to be. I've said it before (maybe even earlier in this thread some time ago), but I really don't think we need to see it. Seeing Thoros, Anguy and the rest of the Brotherhood with an undead Catelyn, is more than enough to know what has happened without needing to see it.

I'd rather they play it as they did in the books. You have two expendable Frey's they can use in place of Merret; Lame Lothar and Black Walder, who were the two men sent as an envoy, and the two men that murdered Talisa and Cat. I'm imagining it now, Lame Lothar limping down the road, witnessing destruction and devastated countryside all around him. He attempts to pay off the Brotherhood but they tie him up anyway, and then she removes her hood and he see's her... and it's terrifying. And then he is hanged.

Archived