What are you reading in June?

deleted01

I finally got a copy of Lindsay Buroker's Conspiracy so I'll read that next. Did not read one bit last weekend so I'm stuck with The Fires of Heaven - time to power through this book, seriously. Then I would stay away from WoT for a good while before pushing through with Lord of Chaos.

Aw shit, I was going to read Prince of Thorns next too :laugh: I do that a lot, just pick whatever book off the shelf that jumps out at me. Planning ahead is futile :P

I had to leave Prince of Thorns for another time. :lol: I'm reading The Lies of Locke Lamora now, this time I got more into the story so I'm going to finish it. I like it a lot, Locke is great, and I just got to the part where he meets... someone important. When I tried to read it like a month ago I couldn't pay too much attention to it. It was just a post-Abercrombie thing, after reading his six amazing books, I found it hard to get hooked into another fantasy series...

Reading The Jackal of Nar by John Marco. So far, average. Easy reading, but not reaching out to grab me.

I read that book years ago and loved it. I have a feeling that if I read it again today, I would be much less impressed. I finished out that series and started Marco's next God's Armor or somesuch, and found it unreadable.

Have to agree about the comment about The Great Gatsby - I had to study it for English Lit, and 'unimpressed' is definitely the word for how I felt.

I bought Best Served Cold today, and have a question - is there an order in which I should read these? I've read The Blade Itself and plan on finishing the trilogy after the book I'm currently reading.

I bought Best Served Cold today, and have a question - is there an order in which I should read these? I've read The Blade Itself and plan on finishing the trilogy after the book I'm currently reading.

The order of the books is The First Law, Best Served Cold, The Heroes and Red Country. Although the last three are standalones in terms of their main plots they do all feature characters from the previous books so reading them in order does work best.

Still in reading fail mode. Started at least half a dozen books in the past two months, yet to finish any of them. :(

I am enjoying a book about yeast (brewing) though and also Quiet... which I picked up a rec for on here. Thanks.

The newest Sookie Stackhouse book came out recently, and I should come back to it next Tuesday. They're my guilty pleasures :P

Haven't read any more in the last few days as I was finishing off uni work. But now I'm done and can read until my heart's content!

I started reading The Princess Bride so far it's good. I seen the movie first so I'm mentally trying to separate the two. But the person who wrote the book also did the move so.....

But I just finished Frankenstein and its different I liked it.

I have way too many books on my Google Books shelf and I've yet to read most of them.

I've started Casual Vacancy and The Mongoliad: Book Two and have stopped reading them both, don't know why.

What I will start now and finish will be The Painted(Warded) Man though, however I did start reading American Gods a few weeks ago.

Almost done Ender's Game, I'm liking it, it's a cool idea having this school of kids training to be war commanders, and having power over other students in the school. Kind of like Hogwarts for space battle, except better.

But I've been thinking about what to read next, I'm in the mood for something epic and I was thinking maybe The Stand by Stephen King or maybe the LOTR series (I've never read it or been too interested, just figured I should get it under my belt)

Archived