NFL Thread: Arrest Season Continues

sperry

Show me a time when Romo hasn't choked during a big game and then maybe my confidence will be shaken. Don't worry so much about injuries. As you stated we had those injuries last year and still swept the Cowboys and won the Division. The Skins will only get better.

So what is your position in the organization? Are you a player, coach, or in the front office? Is Daniel Snyder as nice as he seems on TV?

Bengals started training camp yesterday and already had a major scare with AJ Green going down awkwardly on a deep pass. He was down on the ground for 3 minutes but ended up walking off on his own power and MRI says no structural damage. This will definitely be a good season of Hard Knocks. Drama drama drama.

Damn, that'd be devastating. Rolled ankle, tweaked knee? Thing is, even if Green went down for a long stretch, I might still take the Bengals to win the North. If Roethlisberger continues his regression, I think Dalton is the best QB in that division. Not the highest praise, but he's got talent.

Damn, that'd be devastating. Rolled ankle, tweaked knee? Thing is, even if Green went down for a long stretch, I might still take the Bengals to win the North. If Roethlisberger continues his regression, I think Dalton is the best QB in that division. Not the highest praise, but he's got talent.

It's Ben, Flacco then Dalton until proven otherwise. I think the Bengals have some decent depth and if given another year, could maybe find a way to win without Green but not this year. If we lost Green, we'd be in trouble.

They're categorizing it as a bruised knee and he's expected to miss the next 3-4 practices. I think he's aiming to be back after the off day on Tuesday.

It's Ben, Flacco then Dalton until proven otherwise. I think the Bengals have some decent depth and if given another year, could maybe find a way to win without Green but not this year. If we lost Green, we'd be in trouble.

They're categorizing it as a bruised knee and he's expected to miss the next 3-4 practices. I think he's aiming to be back after the off day on Tuesday.

Yeah, just saw the knee report on NFL.com. Could be a lot worse. And while I agree with that QB ranking as of today, I think it's very possible it changes by October to Dalton being at the top. I don't think he's a worldbreaker, but I think Ben's body is falling apart on him, and Flacco not the guy I want behind my center. Too damn inconsistent. Dalton may have his ups and downs, but I've never seen him throw for less than 150 yards against the Jacksonville Jaguars on MNF. That's just coming from someone who's looking into the division though, I'm not over here laying money down on these statements. Just my feeling.

Ben is still #1 in that division, although it's more of a discussion these days. But like you, I've also got the Bengals taking the division, going 11-5 or thereabouts. Baltimore clearly got weaker, and Pitt's been declining the last few years. Cleveland could be a good team eventually, but they're still a few years away. So this is a great opportunity for the Bengals.

Ben is still #1 in that division, although it's more of a discussion these days. But like you, I've also got the Bengals taking the division, going 11-5 or thereabouts. Baltimore clearly got weaker, and Pitt's been declining the last few years. Cleveland could be a good team eventually, but they're still a few years away. So this is a great opportunity for the Bengals.

It really is and this is the best team we've had in a very long time. We have so much depth and young talent that I'm less worried if someone gets injured (outside of Green and Atkins obviously) than I normally would be. I'm also a huge fan of the coaching staff and think that's an underrated element that doesn't get talked about enough. These players aren't learning anything new outside of some minor wrinkles. The schemes have been the same for the last few years and Hue Jackson having some input into the offense will only help. I can't wait to watch Hard Knocks and see how they look on the field because on paper, this is a very very good team. My hope is that the collective talent will make up for the fact that Dalton isn't a world beater and instead of him elevating the talent around him, I'm hoping the talent around Dalton elevates him.

ETA: I found this story about Chip Kelly and sports-science fascinating. I'm really intrigued to see if this makes a difference because I can clearly see it doing so.

http://mmqb.si.com/2013/07/24/chip-kellys-mystery-man/

So what is your position in the organization? Are you a player, coach, or in the front office? Is Daniel Snyder as nice as he seems on TV?

Just a fan. Just a fan.

HTTR!!!!

Don't hate because the Redskins are now a threat to win it all and the Cowboys are not.

HTTR!!!

Just a fan. Just a fan.

HTTR!!!!

Don't hate because the Redskins are now a threat to win it all and the Cowboys are not.

HTTR!!!

I'd just worry about your own team instead of trolling. Like Jarvis Jenkins being suspended 4 games. http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/07/26/jarvis-jenkins-suspended-four-games-leaving-jenkins-shocked-and-confused/

Training camp has begun and so have the major injuries. Dallas lost DE Tyrone Crawford last week to a torn Achilles and while it hurt depth, he wasn't a starter. Now Philadelphia has lost Jeremy Maclin to a torn ACL. http://espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp13/story/_/id/9514036/jeremy-maclin-philadelphia-eagles-torn-acl

Probably not the best start for implementing Chip Kelly's offense.

Dennis Pitta with a dislocated hip, out at least the opener. I hate TC injuries.

Wait... Dennis Pitta left the Ravens? Lol, and the talking heads still think that Joe Flacco is going to be a relevant QB? WATCH OUT, DEFENSES! TORREY SMITH AND JACOBY JONES ARE GONNA GO WILD! I hope you guys can keep a single (not Raheem Moore) safety deep when they break out their multifaceted ability to run fast in a straight line! ETA: Probably need to run some form of Cover 2, if they line up as true #1's and #2's. Where's Lovie Smith or Tony Dungy when you need him?

Well, the good news is Dennis Pitta IS still with Baltimore. The bad news is that he is probably out for the season. http://espn.go.com/n...hip-source-says

Yeah, tried to edit that about five minutes afterwards, but something came up. I got super excited there... But now the point still stands, I guess...

I haven't been following the Steelers situation closely (outside of Wallace to the Dolphins) but at this point it would seem that the division is Cincinnati's to lose.

The Ravens look like they will take at least a couple steps back. Man I've never seen a championship team dismantled to this extent in an off season.

Bored while babysitting a friend, so I decided to watch the 2012 Colts highlights. Was watching the horrid Jets>Colts game in Week 6 (where Shonn Greene played like that guy the Jets ditched Thomas Jones and Leon Washington for) and I decided that Tim Tebow reached new douche levels (in my eyes) when he sprints onto the field to celebrate a touchdown with Mark Sanchez. It's cool to celebrate the TD's, but a routine throw-catch in the 1st quarter...? C'mon man! What a tool. Anyway, I'm super stoked for this season. I think my boys are gonna be a better team, and I actually like us to take the South back. Thanks for keeping it warm for us, Houston, but we need it back. To be honest, that's not even me talking up my team, I just think the Texans are gonna collapse like a lawn chair at about week 6. ETA: I'd love to form paragraphs, but the ENTER key still does nothing for me on this site...

The Colts are not winning the AFC South. I mean, I would love to be wrong about this, they're probably my second-favorite team right now (four 2nd-year Stanford players on the roster), but they should by all accounts fall down to 8-8ish this season. They were not that good last year, and I have little-to-no faith that the O-Line suddenly shows a ton of improvement. I like Khaled Holmes, but even still.

Bored while babysitting a friend, so I decided to watch the 2012 Colts highlights. Was watching the horrid Jets>Colts game in Week 6 (where Shonn Greene played like that guy the Jets ditched Thomas Jones and Leon Washington for) and I decided that Tim Tebow reached new douche levels (in my eyes) when he sprints onto the field to celebrate a touchdown with Mark Sanchez. It's cool to celebrate the TD's, but a routine throw-catch in the 1st quarter...? C'mon man! What a tool. Anyway, I'm super stoked for this season. I think my boys are gonna be a better team, and I actually like us to take the South back. Thanks for keeping it warm for us, Houston, but we need it back. To be honest, that's not even me talking up my team, I just think the Texans are gonna collapse like a lawn chair at about week 6. ETA: I'd love to form paragraphs, but the ENTER key still does nothing for me on this site...

Another Colts fan; yay! Welcome to the NFL thread. This probably is the best place to discuss all things football.

Blu-Ray we are winning the south. The Texans are good, but I think Luck will be so much better this year.

Archived