NFL Thread: Arrest Season Continues

sperry

Whole thing is a joke. Cooper should report the first player to use that word in the Eagles locker room this year.

I understand why it falls under "That which must never be said" but its pretty obvious why the NFL can't act against him; if they were to suspend/fine him for use of the word, how do you then delineate the "everyday" use that many of the African-American players engage in from the obviously negative connotation of his drunken mishap?

I understand why it falls under "That which must never be said" but its pretty obvious why the NFL can't act against him; if they were to suspend/fine him for use of the word, how do you then delineate the "everyday" use that many of the African-American players engage in from the obviously negative connotation of his drunken mishap?

There is no difference in my opinion. Its repulsive either way.

Moral of the story: if you're a mid-round pick trying to make the team, you want to stay professional at all times. Even if it's relatively minor as things go, it was still a stupid comment liable to offend teammates who don't know him very well yet. I'm also guessing that part of the reason for shoving out Cooper was that the Eagles are trying to avoid distractions right now.

The Ravens are losing another piece of their defense for at least half the season: CB Asa Jackson is suspended 8 games for PED.

As for the Cooper discussion, I think this childish behavior being trumped by childish behavior. Is one ignorant redneck saying a racist word really that worse than drag racing and fleeing police? Or, I dunno, carelessly and brutally murdering animals for fun?

Austin Collie signs with the 49'ers. That's pretty cool, I've still got a lot of love for that guy. Worst luck I've ever seen in the league, it seemed like even routine tackles/hits on him were ending with his head bouncing violently off the ground/someone's knee. Anyways, I hope he can stay healthy and be productive.

Didn't Collie have like 3 concussions in 1 season before?

I think he had 1 or 2 in 2009, something like 3 or 4 in 2010, and I'm pretty sure he had at least one in 2011. Yeah, he's concussion prone. But he's a great possession receiver when his brain isn't being bounced off his skull. I completely understand why my Colts dropped him, but if he can stay healthy with the 49'ers I'll be really jealous. I was/am a huge Collie fan.

And yet... teams keep paying him. I'm amazed by this dude. Simply amazed.

He must be charismatic as all-hell. Seriously, what has the guy ever done in the league? I know Ken Wisenhunt was desperate (damn good coach IMHO), but then the Bills jump in? Because having a walking advocate for band-aids back up your rookie seems like a great idea, right? At least Matt Cassel looked like the real deal until you took off the crazy-shades.

So, division winners/predictions for your favorite team?

Pats

Cincy

Texans

Denver

Giants

Packers

Falcons

Hawks

I live and die with the Brownies, and think it is going to be an interesting year.

Best Case Scenario- The new defense gets learned quickly, the light goes on for Weeden, and Richardson gets ~1500 yds rushing, ~300 receiving en route to a division winning 12-4 record.

Worst Possible Record- The new defense doesn't click, the light doesn't go on for Weeden, and Richardson is injured en route to a 2-14 record.

Worst Case Scenario (yes, this is different from worst possible record)- The Browns don't show significant improvement anywhere and finish 5-11 or 6-10, just outside of landing either Bridgewater or Boyd.

Probable Outcome- After some early growing pains, the Browns split their division games and go around 7-9 on the season. Weeden shows enough improvement that he gets another year.

Player to keep an eye on- WR Greg Little. Guy has all the tools, and is finally coming into his own as a WR in his third year in the league. Everyone at camp says he is first in, last out of the facility everyday. Apparently he and Weeden have been working extensively together after practice.

Line up that I think sees the most time:

Offense-

QB- Weeden

RB- Richardson

FB- Ogbonnaya

WR- Gordon

WR- Little

WR- Bess

LT- Thomas

LG- Greco

C- Mack

RG- Lauvao

RT- Schwartz

Defense-

LDE- Rubin

NT- Taylor

RDE- Bryant

LOLB- Sheard

LILB- Robertson

RILB- Jackson

ROLB- Kruger

CB- Haden

CB- Owens

FS- Gipson

SS- Ward

I am now watching Larry Allen get inducted into the Hall of Fame. He is by leaps and bounds the best Offensive Lineman I have ever seen play. He is unquestionably the greatest.

He could bench press 700 lbs and squat over 900. He was also among the fastest men on the field even though he weighed over 300 lbs. If you ever want to understand how to play Guard, look at his tapes. He was amazing

Larry Allen was drafted as a guard but his rookie season, he has to play right tackle after Erik Williams was in a serious car accident. He more than held his own even against the likes of Reggie White. The following year, Larry would switch to right guard and was arguably the best player on one of the best lines of all time: The 1995 line that had Mark Tuinei, Nate Newton, Ray Donaldson, Larry Allen, and Erik Williams. All but Williams made the Pro Bowl that year they won the Super Bowl. As the talent went down hill, Larry would have to take his to other spots on the line. He would play the other guard spot and be an all-Pro there as well. Sure, not that big a deal. But in 1998, he played LEFT TACKLE, dominated, and took home all-Pro honors as well. Those are the reasons why I think he's the best offensive lineman I've seen play.

Archived