NFL Thread: Arrest Season Continues

sperry

What do you get when a football gets down with your phone?

My god... I think this may be the most awesome commercial I've ever seen.

:rofl:

Comedy gold. Eli rules. :lol:

I'll be watching Hard Knocks with you Mexal... I will miss Ochocinco

Good man. I'm happy that Ocho is gone. I want to see the team come across as a team instead of a one man show. Should be interesting this season since we don't have any huge personalities outside maybe Burfict and Harrison.

What's going on with the Chargers? With Alexander today, that's the 3rd player in as many months to tear an ACL. For the first time in many years, I think San Diego will legitimately suck.

San Diego aside, this TC season has had a troubling number of major injuries...I don't think I've ever heard of this many ACL tears as this year.

Here's how I see the Jets season playing out.

Jets finish the season 6-10, Sanchez is gone, Smith isn't seen as the answer but is given another year, Ryan gets fired even though the defense was still actually really quite good and its not totally his fault that there are zero playmakers on offense. Jets draft a questionable WR in the first round next year.

I see this as likely. Though, I will not be surprised at all (not even a little bit) if Revis picks off Sanchez 5 times in the first half, Smith 3 times in the third quarter, and McElroy 2 times in the fourth quarter in week one. And god forbid that the game go into overtime...

What do you get when a football gets down with your phone?

My god... I think this may be the most awesome commercial I've ever seen.

:rofl:

My eyes might be bleeding...

So what I took out of Hard Knocks last night is this:

• The Bengals coaching staff is awesome, especially Hue Jackson. He deserves another shot at OC and HC. He has a great rapport with his players and has boundless energy
  • Zimmer is awesome
  • Eifert is ridiculous, especially in those option, spin moves across the field
  • Gio Bernard's agility and cutting ability is insane
  • Larry Black, AJ Green and Andrew Hawkins injuries suck, especially Black's. I hope he gets another shot next year
  • Dalton is one ugly motherfucker
  • James Harrison is intense as fuck and looks to be an asshole, I hope he plays like it.

I learned lots of other things as well but none that anyone here would truly care about. Great show. Already more compelling than the Dolphins though I'm biased.

Today is the first full slate of preseason games. I'm pumped. I don't expect the starters to play more than a series or two which is to be expected. Bengals have a few very close battles at the moment and I'm itching to see some of these guys play live. Hell, I'm more interested in the back ups than I am in the starters given the talent I think they possess. I'd love for this team to be deep for once and I believe they are.

Wes Welker hates The Hoodlum I always knew I liked Wes, even when he was a dirty Patriot. Also, Early Doucet got cut by the Seahawks after one practice. I wouldn't be against my Colts giving him a shot. I liked him as a #4 in Arizona, and Lucky could use a 4th man.

You know the main thing I take away from that article? Welker averaged 112 receptions per season or 7 catches per game (not taking into account any missed time but I don't remember Welker missing a lot) during his six seasons with the Patriots. That's a lot of production over a substantial amount of time to replace Danny Amendola. May the Force be with you - you're gonna need it :stunned:

Did anyone see the first episode of Hard Knocks?

It was entertaining as always. I loved how you got a close-up of how scared practice became when they thought AG Green had blown out his knee.

I loved the Oklahoma drills. The conversation where Jay Gruden was begging Harrison not to hurt Green was pretty hilarious.

^^ True story.

ETA: Sorry, I thought I was responding to another post.

Yes, I just have a hard time believing that Welker leaving isn't going to hurt the Patriots like hell. I mean, I always knew Welker caught a lot of balls, etc. but I just didn't really ever realize that he averaged 112 per season. That's a whole lotta moving the chains!

Archived