NFL Thread: Arrest Season Continues

sperry

I don't really care about the Saints, Cowboys or Rob Ryan, but this gave me a chuckle:

If Rob Ryan could coach half as well as he talked smack, he would be brilliant. As it stands, he has never managed to take a defense out of the top 15 despite a lot of seasons having top 5 talent. He is extremely entertaining though.

If Rob Ryan could coach half as well as he talked smack, he would be brilliant. As it stands, he has never managed to take a defense out of the top 15 despite a lot of seasons having top 5 talent. He is extremely entertaining though.

Yup. He trash talked and never backed it up. Plus, I think a bigger factor was that his defenses always ranked near the bottom of the league in forcing turnovers. I think that played a huge factor in the decision to switch to the cover 2 4-3. Chicago's defense forced 28 more turnovers than Dallas last season. 28.Just think about the field the position change and additional scoring opportunities if Dallas could get even a portion of those 28 more possessions.

Do we need another example of why Jim Irsay is an attention whore? Yesterday he apologized for the Colts poor performance in their first preseason game.

Many starters played briefly or were nursing little injuries,but it was a crap performance,my apologies/My commanders got n earful from me!

In addition to displaying a startling command of twittergrammer, I can't help but wonder about this guy. Is he serious, or is he just pretending that someone gives a crap about preseason? Because even Jerry Jones or Dan Snyder, typically the two man tag team for bad ownership decisions, would never claim that one poor preseason performance is a problem. And it's not like they got blanked or something, when the starters came out, the Colts were actually ahead.

Hopefully his "commanders" told him they have real work to do. But for future reference if you desperately need a winner (other than just "the team that didn't get anyone injured"), he can look at this preseason chart:

Game 1 - Winner is whoever is leading at the end of the 1st quarter

Game 2 - Same

Game 3 - Winner is whoever is leading at halftime

Game 4 - We're all losers here, this game is unwatchable.

If anybody is interested in playing fantasy football against a few other members of the board, there are 4 spots left in one of the leagues I'm running. So far, it's me, Mexal, grozeng, Prince of the North, Blu Ray, and The Heir. Let me know if you want to play.

I'm irrationally excited to watch eagles games this year. The offense looks so much like Oregons. It's damn fun.

As a Giants fan, that type of spread offense does make me nervous. As soon as Eagles got Chip Kelly I cringed. Hopefully it won't work as good in the NFL but if it does...

If anybody is interested in playing fantasy football against a few other members of the board, there are 4 spots left in one of the leagues I'm running. So far, it's me, Mexal, grozeng, Prince of the North, Blu Ray, and The Heir. Let me know if you want to play.

I'm already playing in someone else's league but I could easily handle two. I typically play in 4 or 5 leagues.

Just got word from my "guy". I'm taking my old man to Lucas Oil Stadium on October 20th of this year. That just so happens to be the day Peyton Manning returns to the building he built. What a great coincidence. :)

I just wanted to remark about how excellent the show Hard Knocks is. It is definitely my favorite before season programming. I would also like to say that the coaching staff of the Cincinnati Bengals is among the best in the league. I am not counting on them winning the North this year as they are one snap away from John Skelton at QB, but it will not be because these guys aren't prepared oe don't have top notch game planning.

I just wanted to remark about how excellent the show Hard Knocks is. It is definitely my favorite before season programming. I would also like to say that the coaching staff of the Cincinnati Bengals is among the best in the league. I am not counting on them winning the North this year as they are one snap away from John Skelton at QB, but it will not be because these guys aren't prepared oe don't have top notch game planning.

Well, we're two snaps away. Josh Johnson will be the back up. Regardless, every team is one snap away from their back up QB and it's not much better with any other team in the North. You think Gradkowski or Tyrod Taylor are much better back ups? If not, then the Ravens and Steelers are one snap away from them which makes us all equal.

The best thing about Hard Knocks this week was showing the camaraderie of the team. This is not a divided locker room or a team with a lot of attention seeking whores. This is a team. It's pretty cool to see.

And I agree, the coaching staff is excellent and we've now had them for several seasons in a row. If we don't win games this year, then we probably never will. We're that talented across the board.

ESPN

With one word, Rex Ryan changed the landscape of the New York Jets' quarterback competition.

After watching Geno Smith throw three interceptions Wednesday in a damp and chilly practice, Ryan was asked to assess the rookie's day.

"Brutal," Ryan said bluntly. That changes things.

I just can't wait for the start of the season!

:ack:

Tom Brady leaves practice after apparently suffering some kind of knee injury.

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/9568132/tom-brady-new-england-patriots-leaves-practice-vs-tampa-bay-buccaneers

Today is Tebow's birthday. I feel the presence of the Holy Spirit in these events.

This is a top story on the HUFFINGTON POST!

DG, If I were Ryan Mallet, I'd be careful. Locusts or a bolt of lightning might be in his future.

Mallett already had his head bounced off the turf and played less of the first preseason game than expected. Yea verily, the Thumb of the Lord is upon the Patriots.

Archived