Sean Bean possibly cast as Ned

daimonion

http://winter-is-coming.blogspot.com/

Seems like this might be what many of us have been waiting for. A big casting announcement and Sean Bean as Ned at that.

"Sean Bean cast as Ned" is the title. If they're not 100% sure Sean Bean is cast as Ned, and the report indicates its still a rumor, then don't put the title as "Sean Bean cast as Ned."

That's poor advertising!

After reading that title in big bold letters I felt good, but than my hopes went down a bit when reading the "if true from reliable source part."

That's my two cents... :thumbsdown:

IRRC, Winter is Coming was the first to get the leaked pilot script, that the casting sides ultimately proved to be authentic. And then there is all this recurring joke of no one willing to "spill the beans".

So we can at least be hopeful. I believe the two actors with most fan suport from the castng threads were Dinklage and Bean. I f they have been able to secure both, the show is headed to greatness.

I have to say I think WiC has reached the point where he needs to disable anonymous posting on the blog. There's way too many dickwads starting to turn up and spew crap over there.

Well, it does say "Insider:" first, at least.

Exactly. AFAIK, this is a pretty standard way to attribute a quote or particular opinion to someone in a title. I've seen it used on other blogs and web pages. I'm sorry if it caused any confusion.

If so, this is awesome.

It may just be based on that post made by the troll earlier.

This is not based on that post. Although now I'm wondering if that supposed troll knew more than he let on.

I have to say I think WiC has reached the point where he needs to disable anonymous posting on the blog. There's way too many dickwads starting to turn up and spew crap over there.

Word! I was thinking the exact same thing when I read the comments to the post about Bean.

Yeah, they are getting pretty obnoxious. I just wish Blogger had a way to block IP addresses because I have a feeling it is mostly the same few people.

I don't want to have to turn off anonymous commenting because I think I would lose a lot of positive commenters who just don't feel like making an account for one or two comments. But if it keeps going like this, I may have to.

This is not based on that post. Although now I'm wondering if that supposed troll knew more than he let on.

I take offense that you thought that quote was from Daimonion. ;)

Just mentioning a possibility anyway. And I won't believe it until GRRM says so. It's too good to be true. But then again, so was Dinklage

Yeah, they are getting pretty obnoxious. I just wish Blogger had a way to block IP addresses because I have a feeling it is mostly the same few people.

I don't want to have to turn off anonymous commenting because I think I would lose a lot of positive commenters who just don't feel like making an account for one or two comments. But if it keeps going like this, I may have to.

To be honest, I've stopped posting under my name, considering I get trolled to death every time I do.

I do hope you're right about this rumour!

There are some characters where I might have a strong opinion regarding casting. Ned is not one of them. As long as he is of the right age and with proper hair and makeup can achieve the right look I'd be satisfied.

I think Sean Bean could work. He has a level of name recognition and could possibly generate interest among some people who have never read the series but are fans of his.

And for Bean, an actor that Hollywood frequently casts in the "evil" role, it would be nice to see him in a role where he isn't the psychotic one trying to kill the main character. (Yes I know with Sharpe, etc. he wasn't that character but I think most people I know associate him with Patriot Games, National Treasure, and Goldeneye and think of him as the evil hot guy.)

To be honest, I've stopped posting under my name, considering I get trolled to death every time I do.

I do hope you're right about this rumour!

You mean telling everyone they don't have a job or education isn't funny to you? ;)

Yeah, the Troll quotient went off the scale in the last week over at WiC, not sure what happened or why.

I'll have to get some sort of account somewhere to log-in if it changes, but that's no biggie. Only minor annoyance is, 'Brude' seems to be taken everywhere as a log-in, so maybe I'll have to use Brude Storm like I am forced to on IMDb.

I'm terribly afraid to get too excited by this for fear of having my hopes crushed utterly if it turns out not to be true.

I have had a serious crush on Bean since Patriot Games and have made an effort to see everything his name is tagged to.

If he's in ASOIAF, I'll probably have to watch it alone since I'll annoy the piss out of everyone by SQUEE'ing whenver he pops on screen. :blush:

Only drawback is that it would be yet another film/show that I have would to watch him die.

I actually cheered when I found out he was Odysseus in Troy - I knew that meant he would live through the movie.

Interesting. Sean Bean is one of my favorite actors but I just don't like him as Ned. He seems too jovial and ... beefy. More of a Robert in my mind. But I guess everyone has a pretty rock-solid image of what they think all the characters look like and not everyone is going to be pleased.

Archived