College Football 2013: Tide Rolled

Ferrum Aeternum

Because there is an over 10 million dollar difference in payout, as well as prestige and recruiting factors.

In short, not that much. Bowl money is split by the conference. So the payout amounts to a drop in the bucket to a school like OSU. Prestige and recruiting sounds pretty vacuous.The Cotton Bowl is nothing to sneeze at. In terms of viewership, I suspect it does just as big of a number as many of the non-championship BCS bowls.

If Northern Illinois misses out on the BCS they'll play in some third-rate bowl in Mobile. That's a huge dropoff. Not so much with some two-loss Big 12 team. That's why I favor giving the nod to the little guy for completing an undefeated season. A team like Northern Illinois should have something better to play for than just the GoDaddy.com Bowl.

Because there is an over 10 million dollar difference in payout, as well as prestige and recruiting factors.

solution is to not lose two games.

the best part about the auburn game.(okay, maybe the second or third best thing) is the thought of all the joyous uproar at espn as they realized within seconds that they just saved themselves at least three minutes of new content per sportscenter all week as they can keep recycling countdowns of alltime top plays

So splitting an additional 13 million dollars among the conference (Of which a larger share goes to the team taht made the game) is not a big deal? You must be a wealthy man. Even an additional $1.3 million dollars will cover most of the teams athletic scholarships for the following year.

How are recruiting and prestige vacuous? They are very real, important concepts in college football, a sport where subjective judgments by recruits determine where they play, and subjective judgments by the media determine who goes to what bowl and who plays for the national championship. The record of coaches in BCS games is bandied about all the time by the media.

And speaking of the media, in the least shocking move of all time, ESPN has already began their "1 loss SEC team should play in the championship over undefeated Ohio State." The same SEC where you can win your division without beating a team that loss less than 4 games.

To me he didn't have a shot to begin with, when Manziel lost last week and played horribly Winston took over favorite status - McCarron was never in a position to win it. So his team losing today didn't hurt his chances because he never had one.

The problem is that Winston might be done because of the sexual assualt cloud, and he's certainly done if gets charged. Manziel won't get it because he didn't play very well in the last two games nad they lost both of them. The Andre Williams kid from BC apparently got hurt in the final game of the year, putting a dent in his chances. I would guess at this point the Lynch kid is the front runner so long as he doesn't lose in the MAC championship game?

Sperry, the point is that that 20m makes a much larger difference to the non bcs schools than the bcs ones. It might be good for osu - but it's the kind of thing that can elevate the likes of niu to a bcs status.

If Northern Illinois misses out on the BCS they'll play in some third-rate bowl in Mobile. That's a huge dropoff. Not so much with some two-loss Big 12 team. That's why I favor giving the nod to the little guy for completing an undefeated season. A team like Northern Illinois should have something better to play for than just the GoDaddy.com Bowl.

Sugar Bowl- I know this is a real thing.

Fiesta Bowl- I'm 99% sure I know this is a real thing.

GoDaddy.com Bowl- I don't know if you're fucking with me. Is there really such a thing?

Because if so I have a small dream of hosting the Sluts With Butts Bowl.

The problem is that Winston might be done because of the sexual assualt cloud, and he's certainly done if gets charged. Manziel won't get it because he didn't play very well in the last two games nad they lost both of them. The Andre Williams kid from BC apparently got hurt in the final game of the year, putting a dent in his chances. I would guess at this point the Lynch kid is the front runner so long as he doesn't lose in the MAC championship game?

Again my ignorance is showing -I need a towel to cover it up- aren't there usually like a dozen guys who are 'have a shot' but just can't compete with the big kids?

Why is it becoming 'Well, we HAVE to give it to him' ? Where's the rest of the players in all this.

Sugar Bowl- I know this is a real thing.

Fiesta Bowl- I'm 99% sure I know this is a real thing.

GoDaddy.com Bowl- I don't know if you're fucking with me. Is there really such a thing?

Because if so I have a small dream of hosting the Sluts With Butts Bowl.

Why is it becoming 'Well, we HAVE to give it to him' ? Where's the rest of the players in all this.

Oh, it's real. http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa/college-football-bowl-schedule.php

Basically, the Jameis situation and everyone else losing or struggling has thrown the Heisman race into chaos. Also, I didn't realize that FSU hasn't been #1 since 2000(the Weinke days)...damn! It's been a long time coming.

Sperry, the point is that that 20m makes a much larger difference to the non bcs schools than the bcs ones. It might be good for osu - but it's the kind of thing that can elevate the likes of niu to a bcs status.

It making a bigger difference to them has no bearing on whether they deserve to get it.

The real BCS joke would be if an utterly unworthy team like Oklahoma were to get a bid. They're easily one of the last AQ teams anyone would want (not that they are eligible to even get a bid yet, given they're both third in their conference and outside the top 16). Northern Illinois is a far more worthy team, even if the sooners were to rise to the number two of their conference.

There's still football to be played though, hopefully Oklahoma gets their whiny asses handed to them.

The real BCS joke would be if an utterly unworthy team like Oklahoma were to get a bid. They're easily one of the last AQ teams anyone would want (not that they are eligible to even get a bid yet, given they're both third in their conference and outside the top 16). Northern Illinois is a far more worthy team, even if the sooners were to rise to the number two of their conference.

There's still football to be played though, hopefully Oklahoma gets their whiny asses handed to them.

LOL

Wait - is anyone actually thinking Oklahoma had a shot at a bcs bid?

Yes, they have a very realistic shot if Northern Illinois loses and they win bedlam next weekend.

The teams competing for the final at large BCS spots are:

Alabama who is obviously a lock

Michigan St. who is going to the Rose bowl regardless of whether they win or lose.

10-2 Oregon

10-2 Clemson

11-1 Louisville

10-2 Oklahoma

If NIU loses, two of those final four teams are going.

Bucks need to take care of business against a stout Sparty D. Being in a dome should help our offense.

Really hoping that Winston didn't do what he's accused of. Awful convenient that if he's charged it won't be until after the bowl matchups are set. I think Ohio State is being underestimated but beating FSU without Winston won't shut anyone up.

Bucks need to take care of business against a stout Sparty D. Being in a dome should help our offense.

Really hoping that Winston didn't do what he's accused of. Awful convenient that if he's charged it won't be until after the bowl matchups are set. I think Ohio State is being underestimated but beating FSU without Winston won't shut anyone up.

That's a worse nightmare than not even getting there!

Yes, they have a very realistic shot if Northern Illinois loses and they win bedlam next weekend.

The teams competing for the final at large BCS spots are:

Alabama who is obviously a lock

Michigan St. who is going to the Rose bowl regardless of whether they win or lose.

10-2 Oregon

10-2 Clemson

11-1 Louisville

10-2 Oklahoma

If NIU loses, two of those final four teams are going.

So Baylor's just on the shitheap now because they lost a game? I seem to recall they trucked Oklahoma head-to-head and still have only 1 loss to this point.

Archived