Christopher Nolan's INTERSTELLAR

Commodore

There have been plenty of very stupid movies that I've liked very much. Johnny Mnemonic and Independence Day immediately come to mind. But I still thought John Carter was a disaster. It was just so mind-numbingly, stubbornly boring. They should have made Waterworld 2 instead. :)

Final

before release is up. Again, very much looking forward to this.

Plenty of new footage in this one, so avoid if you don't want to be 'spoiled'.

The trailers have been looking good so far, honestly. If it turns out that the movie is bad in the end, I'll be disappointed, but from what we've seen and what we actually know, this movie really has the potential to be a great one.

This is a concern of mine as well. I like to see how many different locations and settings are in a trailer. The more settings, the more disjointed the film usually is.

However, if anyone can get us off Earth in a timely manner without sacrificing content, it's Nolan. The man is the king of hard cuts, as we can see in The Dark Knight.

The final trailer looks ace and has really gotten me excited again. I sincerely hope that it does not disappoint.

Also, I've read some articles saying that Chastain is going to be playing McConaughey's grown daughter, how is that gonna work, did the mission go wrong and McConaughey & Co get stuck in whatever area they're at? It should be interesting.

After the newest trailer I am really hoping this will be the movie of the year and maybe even beat Inception for Nolan's best movie.

See now Inception is wonderful but Memento and TDK both have it beat IMO.

GMM,

With time dialation the crew doesn't have to be stranded for them to allow the daughter to age before McConauhey gets home.

Could you elaborate further on the concept? In the context of the movie that is.

GMM,

With time dialation the crew doesn't have to be stranded for them to allow the daughter to age before McConauhey gets home.

Could you elaborate further on the concept? In the context of the movie that is.

Would time dilation apply if a ship traveled through a wormhole? I thought that was only for when a ship traveled close to the speed of light. However, the wormhole is an anomaly in space-time, so it's possible that they would be sent not just in another location, but also further in time.

Memento is still probably Nolan's best work. Inception is the most visually striking, and Prestige is probably the best acted, but Memento is really incredible in all levels with no real weakness.

Would time dilation apply if a ship traveled through a wormhole? I thought that was only for when a ship traveled close to the speed of light. However, the wormhole is an anomaly in space-time, so it's possible that they would be sent not just in another location, but also further in time.

I don't know how the film is dealing with it - whether it's dilation (either by how the wormhole functions or from getting there) or some other fluctuation that causes the time disparity- but just from the trailers it's clear that possibility is there.

Memento is still probably Nolan's best work. Inception is the most visually striking, and Prestige is probably the best acted, but Memento is really incredible in all levels with no real weakness.

For me, not having seen Insomnia, I'd go Memento as clearly his best with The Prestige and TDK running very close for second.

Insomnia is fine but not particularly special. Memento blows it away in every single way, though Robin Williams gives a good performance.

Yeah, Insomnia doesn't have anything that really makes it stand out. It's just a standard cop movie but quite well done.

Archived