Cricket XXII - A Cook's Tour

Stubby

Thank God I did not stay up past midnight (Atlantic Time) to see any of the play in the last two tests. Reading about it the next morning was bad enough. Ho hum, the glorious memories of last summer have now been washed away by this drivel.

I still can't quite wrap my mind around four wickets in 11 balls. Although at that point I think England decided that jumping into Mount Doom was preferable to being saved by the Eagle Lord.

So, in short, the day we were at Durham was the moment we bit the hairy little fucker's finger off, and everything since then has been maniacal capering and plummeting? Sounds right.

So, in short, the day we were at Durham was the moment we bit the hairy little fucker's finger off, and everything since then has been maniacal capering and plummeting? Sounds right.

Yes! Although right now I am watching Return of the Jedi and all I can imagine is Emperor Palpatine at the crease. :stunned: I bet Chewbacca would be a really bitchin' seam bowler.

The funniest thing of the series was Carberry breaking his bat like that. I have seen several bats come apart at the splice, but snapping where it did was bizarre.

And I disagree with those that said that Stokes was the only shining light for England. Broad did his job as well.

Finally, I suspect that Nigella Lawson is happy with this outcome - she will no longer be the Cook getting the bad press.

Archived