Suppose the Vale knows Alaynne is Sansa...

LovinRC

Do you think all involved are giving LF a false sense of security? It seem to me that all of his plans, plots are going a little too smoothly. Could it be that all the Lords in the Vale know who Sansa is, want to protect her and Robbin?

They know LF has ties and friends in KL. Could they be waiting? Give him the false security of power and then just get rid of him?

I think it is possible, but just thinking out loud while I type, dunno.

Definitely. Bronze Yohn, for instance, seems highly likely to know who Alayne really is, and the conversation she has with Myranda comes off like one big test, especially when Myranda name-drops Jon out of nowhere. Like it's deliberate to see how Alayne reacts.

But yes, I don't think Baelish is as secure in the Vale as he might think.

What if LF is aware that they know who she is?

I doubt LF is so stupid as to truly believe that they legitimately think Alayne=is just a bastard.

I agree, but it seem to me that he is over confident in his current situation. He is discounting the Vale Lords, and pretty much Sansa. He feels so confident in his current situation that he asks KL for tapestries? I think the Vale is smarter than he gives them credit for being and he may be a little overconfident.

I think at least some do, especially the Royces.

Royce was at Winterfell recently and would have met her. Also, there were Vale lordlings at the Tourney of the Hand. You'd expect that the beautiful Sansa, who was going to be the future queen, would have been of particular note to all in attendance.

It has to seem strange for Littlefinger to pull a bastard out of nowhere...just after Sansa goes missing.

Sansa also screws up when Eddard Stark's bastard is referred to by Myranda Royce, immediately stating that his name is Jon Snow.

Sansa supposedly is looking more and more like Catelyn, sister to Lysa and who had been in the Vale recently. She only dyed her hair, she didn't have plastic surgery. So, some of them probably suspect her true identity.

I'm not convinced. Like the Hound said: they see want they expect to see, you keep your head down and mutter ser a lot and nobody notices. Or something to that effect. If her real hair color is seen, the jig is up. Myranda Royce is likely to be the first one to figure it out. She'll either be confidante or informant or both.

What if LF is aware that they know who she is?

I doubt LF is so stupid as to truly believe that they legitimately think Alayne=is just a bastard.

I think he's going to overplay his hand and get cocky.

Myranda Royce is likely to be the first one to figure it out. She'll either be confidante or informant or both.

Myranda had to have already been told who she was before their dialogue going down the mountain, in order to know how to steer the conversation to Jon Snow (which I and a few others think was the big "test"). I think the idea is that Bronze Yohn has figured out who she is and enlisted Myranda to do recon on her to verify it.

And the Royce words are "We Remember." It's right there.

A better question might be: If certain Vale lords opposed to Littlefinger suspect/realize Alayne is Sansa Stark of Winterfell... what does it actually gain them? Littlefinger isn't hiding Sansa from the Vale, he's hiding her from King's Landing. If the Vale lords do know, the best recourse is to let Cersei and Mace Tyrell know making Baelish complicit in treason and thus making him much easier to remove. As a side effect, Sansa would probably be shipped back to King's Landing to face trial.

For similar reasons, knowing Sansa's identity remains a poisoned prize. She is heir to a ruined castle claimed by a powerful Northern Lord, allied with Frey, Lannister, and Tyrell. All of these would gladly see her dead.

Baelish's plan, which I actually suspect is a lie, is one of the few ways to actually use her identity and even it requires the power structure in King's Landing to continue to weaken. Namely, by uniting the Vale in full force behind her, at which point others would join the cause.

I'm not convinced. Like the Hound said: they see want they expect to see, you keep your head down and mutter ser a lot and nobody notices. Or something to that effect. If her real hair color is seen, the jig is up. Myranda Royce is likely to be the first one to figure it out. She'll either be confidante or informant or both.

Perhaps by noticing, since they will be sharing a bed, that the carpet doesn't match the drapes as another poster suggested. Add the fact of Sansa's reaction to Myranda saying the NW has Ned's bastard as their LC, which included revealing the name of Jon, which Myranda didn't mention, and I think Myranda will put two and two together.

I think he's going to overplay his hand and get cocky.

He will get cocky all right. He may want to take her maidenhead sometime before her wedding day with HtH. Sansa notes in her last POV that his breath smells of wine instead of the usual mint, which is the same chapter he tells her of her impending marriage to HtH. Given the drinking, even though he brokered the marriage, he is loathe to give her up.

LF is overconfident, not realizing that he has hired a hedge knight that has come looking for Sansa. He is also blind to the danger Sansa presents as he is schooling her, and revealing plenty of his secrets to her.

We all know there is a very big chance Littlefingers plot will fail. After all, he said it aloud. No secret, underhand plot, when said aloud works in this series. Hell, many non underhand plots seem to fail if spoken aloud.

Very true

I really hope he does get brought down by the Vale lords, someone wrote an excellent analysis showing how it's possible that Nestor Royce is playing him so it's quite likely it will happen although with Littlefinger you never know. He's got through the series through money and promises and I would love it if he's brought down by someone he thinks he has bought but whose honour was more important than Littlefingers money.

Definitely. Bronze Yohn, for instance, seems highly likely to know who Alayne really is, and the conversation she has with Myranda comes off like one big test, especially when Myranda name-drops Jon out of nowhere. Like it's deliberate to see how Alayne reacts.

But yes, I don't think Baelish is as secure in the Vale as he might think.

At this point, I am almost absolutely sure that Royce knows who Alayne is, and that he is playing Baelish. Add to that several symbols regarding Sansa

Maid of the Vale from TPATQ and Sharra Arryn story from the Conquest = Sansa possibly ruling Vale

plus the entire bat symbolism, I think Royce wants to take down LF completely, not just in power but in wealth too. So, they could unite Vale and Riverlands, through Alayne as Lady of Harrenhal.

LF's handling of the Lords Declarant always annoyed me a little bit. It just seemed absurdly easy the way LF turned them all aside and his ruse with Corbray should have been seen through - if a fourteen year old girl can guess that Lyn is in LF's employ, why can't half a dozen intelligent Lords?

So yes, I would very much welcome the idea that the Lords of the Vale know more than they let on, especially about Sansa.

And that is something Sansa decidedly doesn't do. She acts the Lady of the Vale all the time after Lysa's death. She behaves like a highborn Lady raised in a castle (and an important one, considering how she sends squires of the highest nobility to clean up literal shit), not like a bastard raised to be a septa.

Bronze Yohn definitely knows who she is, why else have him visit Winterfell when Waymar goes to the Wall, add that to Sansa blurting out Jon's name and how Lady Waynwood is going along with LF's plan to marry Alayne to Harry, why would you marry the heir to the Vale to the bastard of, arguably, the lowest born lord in Westeros?

LF's plan to marry her to Harry and use the Vale's strength to retake the North is obviously not going to happen, because it was laid out in detail on-page and in this series, you can either see a plan hatched or see it come to successful fruition, but never both. The only question is how it's not going to happen. Will the Vale lords put an end to LF before he can do it? Will Sansa kill him to save Sweetrobin? Was the plan actually a lie, meant to string Sansa along while LF secretly plans to eventually have her for himself? All are equally possible I think, or more than one could even be true. TWOW will settle the matter.

Archived