Who do you like more? Sansa or Arya?

The Imperator

Sansa has gotten progressively better, and Arya has gotten progressively more annoying, since the start of the series, IMO. At this point, I like Sansa much, much more than Arya, though until the final act of ASOS, I'd prefer Arya

I agree.

Its like with Arya, her story becomes ridiculously contrived and all with the whole faceless men business.

This is too hard of a choice. i like arya better in the first few books but as sansa as grown so has my feelings for her. i feel like i can relate to her now and as arya has grown i feel i relate to her less and less. i find sansa storyline and arc much more interesting now so i guess i prefer her chapters,which i guess means i prefer her. if arya can step towards the light again i may prefer her again though so its hard to judge.

Arya, absolutely no contest (though I really like Sansa). I think to call Arya a cliché is as incorrect and insulting as calling Sansa one. Arya isn't just a plucky little tomboy, any more she's a child whose reached a double body count before her 12th birthday. She would have been a cliché if she had remain as sweet and innocent as she was in winterfell. I actually find her development more realistic than Sansa's to be honest (I just can't see myself pity Joffery after his death if he treated me like that). Sansa's grown and her storyline interests me a great deal and I feel like I can relate to her in many ways (I know what it's like to be dismissed because you're young and innocent). But I feel that if I was in Arya's place and if I'm honest with myself, I'd be as full of anger and mistrust as she is, not to mention dead. So, despite all she's done, I admire her more from coming back stronger from places that would have killed most of us.

As for not liking her Bravos chapters,what? After her ASOS chapters, they're her best.

Im sorry I just cant get over the fact that Sansa betrayed her father.So for me its got to be Arya...

Sansa did not betray Ned. He never told her the full extend of what was happening. I think he said he would talk to her back at home. He did however speak to Arya. Sansa was in the dark. She's a young girl infatuated and betrothed to a prince. It was NOT deliberate or intentional.

Sansa did not betray Ned. He never told her the full extend of what was happening. I think he said he would talk to her back at home. He did however speak to Arya. Sansa was in the dark. She's a young girl infatuated and betrothed to a prince. It was NOT deliberate or intentional.

Are you sure about that?

Sansa knows that Jaime was involved with the death of Ned's men.

Sansa knows that Cersei was a big reason on why Lady died.

Sansa knows that Joffrey attacked Arya.

There was also that thing with Gregor Clegane which Sansa is aware of at least a little bit.

And yet she still chose Lannisters over her own.

GRRM has already spoken on this she's culpable their leaving KL was time sensitive. She more than pays for this disloyalty though if she knows that intellectually or not is another matter.

Sansa wasn't malicious in her intent just really short sighted to the extent of reckless endangerment.

Are you sure about that?

There was also that thing with Gregor Clegane which Sansa is aware of at least a little bit.

So what? You blame a 11 year old kid for trying to stay in her fantasy land?

Sansa lived in a pretty peaceful and reclused world, she couldn't predict or even imagine how the lannister were fucked up.

Sansa by far... Arya sounded like a spoiled brat back in AGoT and now she sounds like a sociopath...

She gets it from her sister though.

Jokes aside, I'm not sure if calling Arya a sociopath is fair though. I see where that criticism comes from-- the FM's training teaches behaviors/ traits that check off a lot of boxes-- but I'm not sure some of the more fundamental qualities are met, like an inability to love or empathize.

Are you sure about that?

This is a waste of breath - the Sansa apologists will never acknowledge what she did. Just as they ignore her complete lack of concern for Arya - and the dreadful way she treated Jane and that she was still sucking up and trying to please Cersei.

Are you sure about that?

I know right. She annoys me so much.

In AFFC her storyline DOES become interesting, yes, but this wasn't because of her. She's still a stupid little girl without a brain.

Archived