Who do you like more? Sansa or Arya?

The Imperator

This. I'm blown away by people who call Arya a cliche as that couldn't be farther from the truth. Arya isn't a cliched tomboy especially after her experiences in ACOK and ASOS. While I still find Arya's chapters really fun to read it isn't in a "Oh joy adventure" way it's in a "wow I'm watching this character change into something very dark and very interesting". Through Arya's POV we've seen the horror of war and it's effect on the smallfolk as well as on a very sweet, innocent child. When I see people say that Arya is cliched or boring I wonder if people are paying attention to her story arc.

I agree. I think her character development gets overlooked a lot. She also gets called a ninja a lot and the FM aren't ninjas.

Indeed she can be humbler than anyone!

This exact quote came to my mind.

Arya, hands down. Sansa has grown on me through rereads and through discussions on this board, but having been a tomboy since learning to walk, I've never had much use for the Barbie type (yes, I know these are both huge generaliztions). I'm much more invested in the Arya storyline, and expect to look for those chapters 2nd when reading WoW's chapter list (Jon is first).

Archived