Shameless (U.S.) - Season 5

KiDisaster

Frank's reaction when they wheeled her away :(

I think when Frank gets better he might try and change his relationship with his kids. He literally thought Fiona died, and I don't see him forgetting that grief, even when he finds out she's alive and he never actually saw her in the hospital.

I'm pulling for Emmy Rossum and Noel Fisher big time this year as they have both been fantastic.

Agreed. Especially Noel Fisher, Mickey has been my favorite part of the season. I'm glad they gave him more screen time, even in episodes without Ian. His coming out scene was great.

Agreed. Especially Noel Fisher, Mickey has been my favorite part of the season. I'm glad they gave him more screen time, even in episodes without Ian. His coming out scene was great.

I loved that the only one who reacted was his father and everyone else pretty much had the look of 'well... duh...'.

And my favorite line... "I suck his dick. And guess what? I LOVE IT!" I burst out laughing.

I lack Showtime so I watch the episode when uploaded an hour later, so there is no conflict of interest for me.

On a side note- I'm glad people on here are talking about this show. I hate being the only person I know who watches it. I think it perfectly fits the description as "the best show you're not watching."

Thankfully we live in the age of DVR.

I don't know if I can wait 6 extra days :(

I'll have to find a way to stream it from my hotel. I don't think the Showtime or HBO apps work when you're outside the country though. I could use an IP hider but then I would need to bring my laptop, which I don't want to do.

Sorry I'm talking to myself now. F yea Shameless.

I lack Showtime so I watch the episode when uploaded an hour later, so there is no conflict of interest for me. On a side note- I'm glad people on here are talking about this show. I hate being the only person I know who watches it. I think it perfectly fits the description as "the best show you're not watching."

:lol: same here, I'm going to watch game of thrones while I record Shameless on my cable box.

I can't believe Fiona hasn't seen the twins yet, I bet there will be some tension in the beginning of next season between her and V..... Or if no tension maybe Veronica will overlook her adsense, and just welcome her with pure love that's she's out of jail.

I'm so scared for Ian though :leaving:

I loved that the only one who reacted was his father and everyone else pretty much had the look of 'well... duh...'.

And my favorite line... "I suck his dick. And guess what? I LOVE IT!" I burst out laughing.

I almost felt like standing up and applauding. I have been wanting Micky to stand up to his father ever since the "gonna fuck the gay out of ya" scene.

Great finale. Now to wait impatiently for next season.

It's gonna be interesting with bipolar Ian. Presumably Mickey will continue to be a major character in the next season, pretty happy about that. Also JackJimmySteve might be coming back into the picture, loved the little cameo at the end. I half expected Frank to toss the bottle at the end there, but I guess some people never change.

Great finale. Now to wait impatiently for next season.

It's gonna be interesting with bipolar Ian. Presumably Mickey will continue to be a major character in the next season, pretty happy about that. Also JackJimmySteve might be coming back into the picture, loved the little cameo at the end. I half expected Frank to toss the bottle at the end there, but I guess some people never change.

If they follow the same path as the UK version (in very general terms) then the non-Gallagher would become more prominent. Which I hope doesn't happen, if it means less Gallagher family.

I ended up watching GoT, but will catch Shameless reruns this week. Guess I got what I deserved for visiting this thread before I see the episode (the spoiler above).

Season 1 and 3 were definitely better than 2. And season 4 is looking like another season 2. The only pattern here is the presence/absence of Jimmy. Although he might be gone for good this time, I hope he comes back at some point, as I'm used to him being a part of the show from the start and think the absence of his storyline hurts the overall plot much more than, e.g. Lip being away in college.

Sure am glad to be right. Seems like the pattern is correct and Jimmy will be back in the next season :).

Besides that good finale, some storylines could've been developed a bit more, but I guess that just leaves more meat for next season.

That was a good finale.

The title, Lazarus, I guess was someone who rose from the dead in the Bible. Looking at it a couple weeks ago I thought it would be Frank making a recovery, but we kind of got that last week and the week before. So, once that was out, I basically thought we'd see the return of Jimmy/Steve/Jack, and I guess I was right.

Good call by the posters saying Ian is bipolar. I honestly thought he was just on drugs.

It was a good finale overall. I especially liked the scenes on the porch between Fiona and Lip, and the Frank and Carl by the lake. Ffs, I guess Frank really will end up killing himself. I thought for a brief moment he'd pour the liquor out, especially because of the scene in the previous episode where the little girl died.

The Jimmy reveal felt cheap, and as much as I liked the character, I'd rather his death have been real.

It was a good finale overall. I especially liked the scenes on the porch between Fiona and Lip, and the Frank and Carl by the lake. Ffs, I guess Frank really will end up killing himself. I thought for a brief moment he'd pour the liquor out, especially because of the scene in the previous episode where the little girl died.

I watched that scene and was reminded of a quote from Best Served Cold.

Sometimes men change for the better, sometimes men change for the worse but often very often given time and oppritunity they change back.

Nicomo Cosca.

I have finally cought up. Solid finale overall, I'd say, even if there was no real jaw dropping scenes in it. Very sad scene with Mandy and Lip. I'm glad (and genuinely surprised) Jimmy/Steve is back, though I hope they're going to provide a really good explanation for this.

• 10 months later...

Archived