Game of Thrones Featurette Due February 9

Westeros

I think Gwen saying 'Catelyn Stark, R. Madden, O. Chaplin' in regards to RW and not 'Michelle Fairley' indicates that she is back and that most likely she and Gwen share a scene. LS will probably be revealed through Brienne.

I do think Lady Stoneheart will appear this season, but I'm guessing the reason she mentioned the other two by their name instead of their character's name is beause she didn't remember what their characters were called. :)

"Purple Reign" - now that's hiding a little wink to the book readers in plain sight! Margaery was even wearing some interesting accessory in her hair. Man, can it be April already?

And there were purple grapes next to Joffrey. Grapes = Wine = Poisoned wine... hehe...

wow looks incredible, Drogon at the end looks terrifying. In regards to Stannis the first shot is obviously DS, while the 2nd looks like CB, as the background looks similar to when Jon was in the 'same room'. I think we will see LS for the first time when Brienne and Pod get captured and then reveals herself, that would be shocker to the unsullied in the last episode with a number of other deaths, probably ep10 will have the most deaths we have ever seen on GoT. Looks like Theon's still suffering a bit.

Im just little puzzled who are the guys shooting arrows?unsullied? I dont remember reading anyone getting shot with arrows especially from a elevated position

Also if Kevan is not being shown at all this season, it will be kinda weird for the unsullied when he starts to run things when Cersei is in jail, people will be like who is this guy. Do you think Pycelle will take over Kevan's role in late s5?

"Prince Oberyn"?

Am I forgetting something from the books? Was Oberyn referred to as Prince for any reason? If not, are they cutting Doran from the show and having Oberyn be the head of House Martell/Prince of Dorne?

IIRC, the entire Martell clan holds the title Prince and Princess not just Doran.

I doubt we'll get it, but I'm really hoping we get some namedrops and references to Arianne and Doran. I suppose Oberyn will have to explain why he is there, and not his brother, and Tyrion will probably ask how Myrcella is doing. Hopefully Arianne, and to a lesser extent, Doran, get mentioned.

Jon is very much in charge from the previews -- does that mean the election happens before the battle ?

scared girl escaping through a tunnel --- Ramsey hunting ? same goes for all those scratches on Ramsey in another scene.

was Jamie just showing Briene the KG armour....or presenting it to her ?

He was showing her the armor that we see her wearing in her interview.

Meaning he's giving her the armor, along with 'Oathkeeper' and probably putting her on the task of find Sansa.

So that was Bronn... I like.

Was that the gift of mercy with Arya and the Hound? Tell me that was the gift of mercy.

Not sure if it will be the same way as the books. Seems like the guy wants to die though.

ahh 13:15 Brienne talking to Margery.

Think Brienne gets to bite Locke's ear off ?

No, Locke has both his ears and is at the wall right behind Allister Thorne in his "Brothers tonight we fight" line from the trailer.

Doesnt Brienne bite Rorge's ear off in AFFC? or something similar. I remember they have an epic fight in that book but dont remember exact details. But I did notice that on IMDB the character/actor of Rorge is listed for this season.

Brienne bites off Vargo Hoat's ear

Brienne kills

Rorge in the "epic fight" you're talking about and then Biter jumps on top of her and chews her cheek off, Gendry kills Biter.

The important thing to realize her is that Brienne never met Rorge or Biter or the Bloody Mummers so it makes less sense for her to "run into them" / get in a fight with them.

Arya on the other hand has meet Rorge Biter and the last time we saw Rorge and Biter they were with the Mountain at Harrenhall. Which means they might still be with the Mountain and his men.

I think that could be Lysa. Katie Dickie has cut her hair short before for movie roles (i.e. Prometheus). It would be kind of a strange thing for the character to do, but then again, this is Lysa we're talking about. On the list of insane things she's capable of, hacking off all of her hair is pretty damn low.

To clarify, I'm talking about the scene at 13:18. In the other scene where Littlefinger is talking to a woman whose face we can't see, it's definitely Sansa.

so there's no way it could be Sansa? The guy/girl with dark hair talking to LF and his creepy smile?

Is this just going to be a "Aristan Whitebeard" deal?

Are they just going to not have Sansa wanted for murder? Eventually someone will recognize her if she stays in the Vale right?

I'm pretty sure that scene will play out as it did in the books. There is some footage in the preview of Tyrion and Pod outside with big banners of their own, so that's presumably Tyrion receiving the arriving Martell party as he did in the books, which probably leads into that scene in the preview where Tyrion asks Oberyn why he came.

I was paying so much attention to the fleeing goat I didn't even notice how big Drogon was relative to the human. Jesus.

It's not exactly playing out the same way as it was in the books because Oberyn doesn't just come for the wedding in the books.

Which Littlefinger scene are you talking about? There is one extremely short shot of him at 0:16, where he's at the Eyrie and talking to Sansa; and there's another one at 13:18, where he's in a black coat with a high collar, in some other place, talking to a person with short dark hair in a beige coat with a high collar.

One of the new cast Vale member people? Or a disguised Sansa?

Did anyone notice the Illyrio look-alike at the Oberyn-Gregor fight?

Look closer to Oberyn here, between the 2 Lannister soldiers closest to him.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/265e403571238168c7b5bb83fb6314df/tumblr_n0rf8cZQg91r9h4heo1_1280.jpg

Then from season 1:

http://www.gameof-thrones.fr/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/illyrio1.jpg

Do you also recall that all the magisters ( or whatever Illyrio's title is) of Pentos whore that same outfit? You can see a bunch of them at Drogo's wedding which was in Pentos/ near Pentos. All wearing the same attire as Illyrio.

Why is a magister of Pentos at the trial? Your guess is as good as mine, actually it also could be just a costume that looks like the magister of Pentos outfit.

-Clear confirmation of Arya dusting Polliver in the opening minute (although that was pretty much confirmed by the shots of her with Needle in other trailers).

-Also the shot of Arya riding the horse by herself with a little smile is presumably after leaving the Hound for dead seeing as he's nowhere to be seen

-I'm very interested in how far they're taking Brienne's AFFC story. It sounds like she's going to run into Rorge and Biter based on what she's saying about the ear. If that's the case, it begs a couple questions? Would Gendry show up with the BwB at that point like he does in the books? I suppose he could say he never made it to KL and searched them out again instead. Or they could not bother with Gendry at all this season but if he's going to re-join the BwB, it would have to be by the point where Brienne runs into them. And if they are doing that in order to get her to LS for the final scene of the season as some have speculated, that would mean we probably skip the Quiet Isle and you don't get any of the Hound reveal as he's just at the point of being left for dead by Arya. I would be very shocked if they flew completely through all of Brienne's AFFC material this season just so they could do the Stoneheart reveal.

I think this feature clearly shows Arya with Needle in just about every scene/shot shown. Which means that she gets needle back early. Probably the first episode of the season, yay.

or it could be hear waking up early and just riding off without him as he "got too drunk" the night before.

I've already pointed out that it doesn't make sense for Brienne to run into Rorge and Biter as much as it makes sense for Rorge and Biter to run into Arya/Hound. They were with the Mountain's men at Harrenhall. They didn't "turn" on the Lannisters like in the books so they're not "on the run". No bloody mummers etc.

Gendry is the same deal. There's no logical reason for him to go back to the BwBs. Don't matter what he does in the books, Pod is just as good of a warrior as Gendry is.

and as far as Brienne's arc without the Bloody Mummers and Pod, she's got two things to do. We know what country she filmed in so we know where she will be this season at least part of it.

It's dumb and illogical because, unlike Illyn Payne, he can talk. Jaime chose to fight with Payne because he couldn't tell anyone that he's worthless with a sword. And what made their fights interesting is that Jaime would reveal so much about his life knowing that Payne cannot tell anyone. He can't do that with Bronn.

so given the circumstances you want GoTs to recast Ilyn Payne? After all the crap people have made about Daario being recast? I like the change. It gives Bronn something to do for work. Bronn was pretty loyal to Tyrion, so I don't see how Jaime/Bronn can't devolp a "friendship enhanced" by the fact that Jaime pays Bronn to train with him.

Where is KING STANNIS BAMFTHEON?

Why the hell is Bran by that tree again?

Dragonstone, Castle Black, North of the Wall and in Braavos.

Bran eyes look like they're about to "warg" with the Weirwood...

Overall good stuff, can't wait for this season to start. .....

@ Queen of Whores

Agreed that the final three episodes are going to play out as such, for the most part, but I'd also add episode two to your list, which will contain the Purple Wedding. It's not exactly a climactic moment (more of an anti-climax, really), but it's also an event that has huge implications for the course of the show and will finally put an end to a fantastic villain with Joffrey getting taken out. Not to mention that the wedding itself looks to be depicted on a huge, extravagant scale.

Well, about Jamie sparring with Bronn, I don't think it has to be a permanent arrangement. Didn't Jamie have his first training session with Addam Marbrand (was it him?) and then decided it was a bad idea and a mute opponent is a much safer choice?

I'm thinking the person with the short dark hair Creepyfinger was talking to in the later shot might even be the replacement for Marillion.

And I have a feeling that the LC election might not take place at least until the end of this season, because of all that talk about how Jon and Sam are more on an equal level this season. That will lay the groundwork for the alienation between Jon and his friends the next season, I think.

@ Queen of Whores

Agreed that the final three episodes are going to play out as such, for the most part, but I'd also add episode two to your list, which will contain the Purple Wedding. It's not exactly a climactic moment (more of an anti-climax, really), but it's also an event that has huge implications for the course of the show and will finally put an end to a fantastic villain with Joffrey getting taken out. Not to mention that the wedding itself looks to be depicted on a huge, extravagant scale.

Yeah, I'm really glad the show has gone all out on the wedding. It's been built up long enough, so it really needed to justify all of the talk-up to it. It looks even more extravagant in the show than it did in the book, from what I remember.

We know we'll be getting big events in episode two, then later in episodes eight to ten, but I'm wondering what's going to be put in those five episodes in between. I'm guessing a lot of filler.

We know we'll be getting big events in episode two, then later in episodes eight to ten, but I'm wondering what's going to be put in those five episodes in between. I'm guessing a lot of filler.

Probably more of a canonish stuff, like Stannis sailing to Braavos, Brienne biting someone's ear off.

Seige of Mereen, Craster's keep. Wildlings raiding Mole's town. Tyrion's trial. Brienne's journey. A dragon killing someone? Oberyn's duel. Mountain joining the Gold Cloaks killing people?

yeah filler I suppose.

Out of curiosity, what's everyone's problem with Daario? I see all over the place how they hate how over the top he is in the books, but now that he's not in the show, I see a lot of people criticizing his look. Personally, I think he's kind of cute. I didn't really think the first guy they had was all that attractive... :unsure:

And everyone's making all these gifs, but none for my main man, Oberyn? Come on, guys. :P

Archived