Game of Thrones Featurette Due February 9

Westeros

It's dumb and illogical because, unlike Illyn Payne, he can talk. Jaime chose to fight with Payne because he couldn't tell anyone that he's worthless with a sword. And what made their fights interesting is that Jaime would reveal so much about his life knowing that Payne cannot tell anyone. He can't do that with Bronn.

Yep, exactly this. Why did people think he chose Illyn to spar with in the first place? I understand they can't use Illyn now, because his actor has cancer, but using Bronn really isn't a good substitute, but I guess that doesn't matter to D&D, since they have a huge obsession with putting Bronn in wherever they can.

I dont know why they dont give the Boltons any pink and red costumes though, at least now and then.

It would be very hard for much of the audience to take them seriously if they were wearing pink.

But, in general, the characters rarely wear their house colours.

Yep, exactly this. Why did people think he chose Illyn to spar with in the first place? I understand they can't use Illyn now, because his actor has cancer, but using Bronn really isn't a good substitute, but I guess that doesn't matter to D&D, since they have a huge obsession with putting Bronn in wherever they can.

That's the justification for using Ilyn in the books. In the show, Jaime doesn't need to have the same considerations about his sword prowess. And it's rather unlikely he's going to be monologuing lengthy backstory, so that's not an issue.

It would be very hard for much of the audience to take them seriously if they were wearing pink.

But, in general, the characters rarely wear their house colours.

That's the justification for using Ilyn in the books. In the show, Jaime doesn't need to have the same considerations about his sword prowess. And it's rather unlikely he's going to be monologuing lengthy backstory, so that's not an issue.

Yeah. It's not hard to believe Bronn would keep his mouth shut for the gold Jaime would offer. Besides, people know Jaime can't fight for shit in the books anyway - they just choose not to say anything.

The Jaime and Bronn fight could be used to re-establish Jaime's involvement in the Tysha business. Bronn knows that story after all and could bring it up. That sort of setup would be needed for the Hands/Shit of Gold incident to play out correctly.

Interesting, I like it.

The Jaime and Bronn fight could be used to re-establish Jaime's involvement in the Tysha business. Bronn knows that story after all and could bring it up. That sort of setup would be needed for the Hands/Shit of Gold incident to play out correctly.

Interesting idea, could come off.

Personally, I think having Bronn duel with Jaime is a pretty wise decision by the writers: keeps the actor on screen, which is good for buisness, reinforces Bronn's role as a mercenary who will do whatever he's paid to do, and allows for some pretty sharp dialogue both this season and next.

Edit: Just a thought on people complaining about the lack of Stannis: the less we see of him this season, the better. I like the idea of him swinging by Braavos on the way, but other than that I'd rather see his arc kept on the down-low until 4x09, give the audience just enough time to forget he's on his way.

- Why the fuck does Maisie keep insisting the good guys are now winning? They aren't. They're just not losing as bad.

It's an oversimplification to say that, for sure, but so was "OMG all the good guys are dead now!" mantra that became popular after the RW. She's obviously trying to convince people it's not that bad.

And it's not like she's not right at all - if we consider Jon a good guy, which most people do, he wins a battle (although arguably not against "bad guys") and the election this year (against at least one bad guy). In the show, he may also beat some real "bad guys", if he gets to fight against Rast at Craster's Keep. If you consider Stannis a good guy, he gets into a pretty good position at the end of this season, too (although, again, he did not really beat "the bad guys"). On the other hand, if you consider the Lannisters the bad guys, they get pretty fucked up this season (although not by "good guys").

So, the (arguable) "good guys" win, and the (arguable) "bad guys" lose, although it's not a case of good guys fighting bad guys.

I doubt that Jaime and Sansa will interact in Season 4-even though they really, really should in between Jaime's vow to return Sansa and Jaime being back in KL before the wedding

I've been wondering if the Margaery/Brienne scene that we see in the first episode has Marg running interference by saying that she wants to help Brienne help Sansa, but they should keep a low profile and stay away from her until after the wedding or whatever.

That's a scary-ass dragon.

What gives you that impression? I thought the 'three battles in one' battle was set to be the big episode 9 event.

From the video. From approximately 12:40 to 13:13

What was said from memory.

"It's not building to one specific climatic event. There are more climatic events in season 4 than there ever have been before."

"Every season up until now, episode 9 has been the big episode. Season 4 is just very steady."

Also I have read varying interviews and comments that have said that they won't be following the same formula.

Sure it's not conclusive evidence. Sure episode 9 might be exciting. But I get the feeling it won't be Ned, Black Water, Red Wedding of episode 9's in the past.

"It's not building to one specific climatic event. There are more climatic events in season 4 than there ever have been before."

"Every season up until now, episode 9 has been the big episode. Season 4 is just very steady."

Also I have read varying interviews and comments that have said that they won't be following the same formula.

Sure it's not conclusive evidence. Sure episode 9 might be exciting. But I get the feeling it won't be Ned, Black Water, Red Wedding of episode 9's in the past.

Or, more likely, they're talking about the fact that so many just as exciting events happen in other episodes, like a shitload of shocking deaths, which we already know from the book.

You're definitely right. I'm guessing the last three episodes will be packed with climactic and shocking moments.

Episode 8

Oberyn's duel with Gregor, and his death.

Arya and Sandor fight Gregor's men at the inn.

Episode 9

The battle at the Wall and Stannis' victorious arrival.

Episode 10

Tyrion killing Shae and Tywin.

Littlefinger killing Lysa.

Arya leaving Sandor for dead and leaving Westeros.

Dany seeing the child's bones, locking away her dragons and banishing Jorah.

Jon being made Lord Commander.

Lady Stoneheart's reveal.

Definitely a bit more spread out than precious seasons, and there is no way the finale can be called boring or anticlimactic by those that said previous finales were.

I think Gwen saying 'Catelyn Stark, R. Madden, O. Chaplin' in regards to RW and not 'Michelle Fairley' indicates that she is back and that most likely she and Gwen share a scene. LS will probably be revealed through Brienne.

It will definitely be a lot more effective seeing Stoneheart the first time through a character we already know, instead of some random Frey.

I know he was there in two scenes. One in this one and another during ~8-10 mins mark, which god-awful less than what i expected, absolutely ridiculous. Seems that Stephen Dillaine interview holds water.

Oh well, Atleast they won't have Stannis' soldiers shouting "Melisandre! Melisandre! MELISANDRE" or will they. :leaving:

It will definitely be a lot more effective seeing Stoneheart the first time through a character we already know, instead of some random Frey.

I don't know, there needs to be some insight that LS has been taking out the various guilty parties that performed the RW. However, I don't have much faith that they will portray her character any better then they did alive Catelyn.

I don't know, there needs to be some insight that LS has been taking out the various guilty parties that performed the RW. However, I don't have much faith that they will portray her character any better then they did alive Catelyn.

Considering Cat was reduced to a background prop for most of season 3 you're probably right. Stoneheart will probably have more dialogue than Cat did -_-

Also, I think we can now rule out Kevan being in season 4, unfortunately. It seems it's Pod Tyrion is talking to in his cell, and it seems that Jaime will most likely be the one helping Tyrion out, and he was nowhere to be seen at the royal wedding, so... no Kevan :(

Archived