Community: #twentyseasonsandabuttflagonthemoon

OnionAhaiReborn

I watched the most recent episode again. Maybe it was my state of mind on first viewing or I don't know what, but I laughed my ass off on rewatch. I think it might be one of my favorite episodes of Community ever, actually. The Koog approves, that's a five!

The call back to awesome sci fi dystopias definitely earns it 5 beenz in my books.

Regarding the mustard, I saw on reddit:

This also had many elements from We by Yvgeny Zamyatin in it. Jeff's door is numbered D-503 which is the name of the main character in We, and Britta isn't taken seriously without the yellow mustard on her face. In We, the color yellow represents the resistance to the One State.

Ok finally watched this one.

I like that this episode managed to pull off a high concept without overriding the characters. Though it would have been nice to see more of the fallout of Britta's seeming feeling of defeat after her revolution actually achieved its end.

I expect this one will get even funnier on repeats, even if it didn't quite capture the weirdness of Zardoz to the full extent.

I agree that it was pitch-perfect, and I particularly loved the Dean/Jim Rash's delivery of 'my meowmeowbeanz' early in the episode.

That was adorable. I liked the slightly stilted, invisible-power-point-presentation way the two app-developers went on about it as well. In general, I think the smaller touches worked better in this episode than the overall concept.

I agree that it was pitch-perfect, and I particularly loved the Dean/Jim Rash's delivery of 'my meowmeowbeanz' early in the episode.

The Dean has been the funniest thing for me this season. Him snapping at his secretary in the ACB episode is probably the funniest moment this season, imo.

The Dean has been the funniest thing at least since season 2. I will never not chime in to defend the Dean and Chang. I wouldn't mind the study group graduating at some point and going on with the Dean, Chang and Duncan show, to be honest.

The Dean has been the funniest thing at least since season 2. I will never not chime in to defend the Dean and Chang. I wouldn't mind the study group graduating at some point and going on with the Dean, Chang and Duncan show, to be honest.

Chang has been hit and miss for me. He was at his best during Competitive Ecology, when he was investigating the Arizona matchbook company.

But the Dean and Duncan are extremely funny. I laugh at them more than I do many of the study group members.

Probably one of my top five moments in the series right here

Chang building up his bizarre, trope-y mental universe while he was living in the closet and working as a security guard I think was my favorite bit of him too, though moving in with Jeff wasn't bad either.

Come to think of it, where is he living now? He's a teacher again, right? At least he has some kind of income...

That was adorable. I liked the slightly stilted, invisible-power-point-presentation way the two app-developers went on about it as well. In general, I think the smaller touches worked better in this episode than the overall concept.

The overall concept didn't really appeal to me as any kind of cutting social commentary or as a vehicle for the characters resolving conflicts and learning lessons (which is something that really never works for me on Community), but I thought all of the dystopian trappings were perfect and in that sense it worked brilliantly for me.

On the Dean, Chang, and Duncan- the Dean has always been perfect, Jim Rash is just so, so talented and always hilarious. I pretty much approve of everything the show has done with Chang, too. I think Ken Jeong was an early standout on the show, even before they had Chang start completely losing it. Plus, Chang eats the sun and drinks the skies, and they both go with him when he dies.

Duncan I could pretty much live without, not that I've ever disliked him and they've used his character perfectly fine, just that he's never stood out to me in any way.

Duncan I could pretty much live without, not that I've ever disliked him and they've used his character perfectly fine, just that he's never stood out to me in any way.

That's fair. I just go all fan-girl over John Oliver.

Oh, and with the Dean, I think him pretending to be Jeff in Season 4 was actually much funnier than Jeff acting as the Dean in Season 3. Jim Rash is absolutely amazing.

I liked Duncan's ridiculously dissolute, incompetent teacher character, as another one of those over-the-top parodies of college tropes the show had more in the early seasons. And I can't remember which episode it's from, but there was that one time he said "I am very lonely," and that killed me. I'm not sure yet if he's as good this season.

And, yeah, I'll probably try to watch anything Jim Rash is in after this.

I liked Duncan's ridiculously dissolute, incompetent teacher character, as another one of those over-the-top parodies of college tropes the show had more in the early seasons. And I can't remember which episode it's from, but there was that one time he said "I am very lonely," and that killed me. I'm not sure yet if he's as good this season.

And, yeah, I'll probably try to watch anything Jim Rash is in after this.

Have you seen The Way, Way Back? He's only a supporting character, but he's also co-writer. I enjoyed the movie well enough.

I watched the most recent episode again. Maybe it was my state of mind on first viewing or I don't know what, but I laughed my ass off on rewatch. I think it might be one of my favorite episodes of Community ever, actually. The Koog approves, that's a five!

I hope they make that Koog movie, looked awesome!

But overall my favorite still has to be the Conspiracy Theory one, that episode is amazing.

I hope they make that Koog movie, looked awesome!

But overall my favorite still has to be the Conspiracy Theory one, that episode is amazing.

I don't know if I have a definite favorite, but the Calligraphy bottle episode is great. There's a moment in the end where Annie and Jeff trade glances while Troy tells the story.

Beyond all the great jokes it's got this perfect bridge moment where Annie's got the whole confusing thing with Jeff but both can appreciate Troy in a way that shows she's over her infatuation of him.

Archived