Community: #twentyseasonsandabuttflagonthemoon

OnionAhaiReborn

And, yeah, I'll probably try to watch anything Jim Rash is in after this.

i first was familiar with rash in his recurring role on that 70s show as fez's antagonist. so good

Loved this episode. The dystopian meowmeowbeanz future was near perfectly rendered. I wanted this to be an hour episode to further explore Britta's revolution. I liked the Brave New World feel to the whole thing (Alphas vs. Betas vs. Gammas vs. Deltas), I liked Jeff vs. Shirley's ambition, I liked Abed just trying to fit in, I Iiked Britta only inspiring the masses with mustard on her face, I liked Starburns Mad Max BDSM costume. Hell I even the love the cheesy 80's movie about Kubler at the end. My favorite episode this season, easy.

i first was familiar with rash in his recurring role on that 70s show as fez's antagonist. so good

He also had a recurring role on Reno 911 as a brothel patron. He was always a lot of fun on that show.

I liked Starburns Mad Max BDSM costume.

You mean Zardoz costume :cool4:

My bad. I knew that costume was from some B movie but to not give virile young Sean Connery his due is outrageous.

Also once again completely disagree with the AV Club review which called it an interesting mess. I think I'm just hate reading the guy at this point. But the comments there are great. Had no idea while watching that Koogler was the creator of Arrested Development. It also made clear to me that one of my favorite running gags about Greendale is how easily the place gets swept up in hysteria. All it takes for the campus to become an apocalyptic hellscape to be realized at Greendale is a new social app or priority registration.

It also made clear to me that one of my favorite running gags about Greendale is how easily the place gets swept up in hysteria. All it takes for the campus to become an apocalyptic hellscape to be realized at Greendale is a new social app or priority registration.

Same here. The best thing about Community at this point is that they can introduce a goofy plot (meowmeowbeenz or a sheet fort) and then immediately jump to the most insane progression of that plotline possible. You don't get that confidence and absurdity anywhere else on TV.

Same here. The best thing about Community at this point is that they can introduce a goofy plot (meowmeowbeenz or a sheet fort) and then immediately jump to the most insane progression of that plotline possible. You don't get that confidence and absurdity anywhere else on TV.

Draper! Where you been man?!

Thought you went all D.B. Cooper on us. :P

Plot and guest star kinda-spoiler for tonight's episode:

http://www.avclub.com/article/heres-what-vince-gilligan-will-be-doing-community--202106

I completely forgot Vince Gilligan would be on the show! I took me a couple of seconds to remember what a 'VCR game' is, but this seems like it could be another very fun episode. The Koog tenatively pre-approves.

I had to google that. I have never encountered nor even heard of such a thing in my life. Bizarre.

Yea, I think it's a kind of obscure thing, especially today. It's so very Community to do an episode on such a bizarre little relic.

Also, for True Detective fans, Joel McHale and Jim Rash did this spoof on how difficult it is to undertstand Rust and Marty:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHWLpJRlBYA

Am I wrong, or does it look like a small part of that was filmed on the Community set?

Yea, I think it's a kind of obscure thing, especially today. It's so very Community to do an episode on such a bizarre little relic.

its basically an early version of scene it. which sounds like it would be a huge pain to play. cant wait

It was HILARIOUS but I'm assuming the Dean's rap wasn't a freestyle.

Jeff is pretty lazy for an athletic guy.

Abed's apology was sweet. It felt like a real relationship moment.

Should've seen the conclusion to the book plot. I liked how they got a huge part of the cast together for that.

Is that Gina Gershon? I haven't seen her since the incredibly disturbing Demon Lover...

Plot and guest star kinda-spoiler for tonight's episode:

http://www.avclub.com/article/heres-what-vince-gilligan-will-be-doing-community--202106

I completely forgot Vince Gilligan would be on the show! I took me a couple of seconds to remember what a 'VCR game' is, but this seems like it could be another very fun episode. The Koog tenatively pre-approves.

Heheh that was a great cameo. I thought this was a pretty great episode overall.

Abed's apology was sweet. It felt like a real relationship moment.

Could barely watch it.

Dean was hysterical though. Forget the rap, the breakdown after the rap...the what-the-fuck was he wearing?...the accompanyinst...the break down again.

In general, I feel like Community has been a little erratic this season, like just strange in places, but not the polished, deliberate strangeness of the early season but ocassionally more genuinely strange, sometimes tonally off, sometimes overinvested in a particular plot or gimmick...dunno. It's less good, in some ways, but it's more interesting.

Archived