Community: #twentyseasonsandabuttflagonthemoon

OnionAhaiReborn

Is anybody else watching this? Britta just led a rendition of Dean's payday rap. Eventually the whole cast was doing it. It was awesome.

Fuck, I 4got about this. Damn. H8-ing myself now.

Will catch on the U-tube 2-morrow.

SIX SEASONS AND A MOVIE

TV Guide reports that "Fast Five" director Justin Lin is being considered to helm the potential film based on NBC's acclaimed but ratings-troubled comedy series "Community".

Lin has directed several episodes of the show, as have "Captain America: The Winter Soldier" directors Joe and Anthony Russo and "Super Troopers" director Jay Chandrasekhar - all of whom are possible candidates.

The talk comes as NBC and Sony inside sources are optimistic that the show will get a final, thirteen episode sixth season. Even if it's cancelled by the network, producer Sony Pictures TV would likely shop the final season elsewhere to streaming outlets such as Hulu.

Is anybody else watching this? Britta just led a rendition of Dean's payday rap. Eventually the whole cast was doing it. It was awesome.

I watched it, that was wonderful. I also enjoyed learning that Jim Rash improvised this, and hearing him sing it again on stage. This cast is downright lovable.

Well, that was magnificent. I was a GI Joe fanatic growing up in the 80s and this was just about as perfect a callback as you can get. From the scratchy animation to the poor voice dubbing to the commercials. And they got the actual original voice cast for most of the Joe roles.

The clues that there was something heavy going on in the background were all throughout the episode but the actual issue still took me by surprise with how heavy it was.

This is yet another episode where I'm going to have to rewatch it to catch all of the background stuff.

I really hope they get a sixth season.

Yeah, it was a "classic". We never got GI JOe in the UK (too violent apparently with the guns) but I was fully immersed in all the other 80s toy cartoons so it was a lot of fun spotting all the jokes. Definitely one where a rewatch is going to reward me with more in-jokes. I thought it was a lot better than Abed's claymation episode - which I'd hope considering Harmon has had time to become more skilled with these things.

I thought the ending was a bit lame at first but then I realised it's the "Thundercats" trope of everyone laughing and shaking their shoulders at the end of an episode. Almost a sinister "did he escape" moment.

The season is going out very strong and hopefully it'll sway execs to go for another season.

EDIT: How much are those action figures going to be worth on ebay?

I enjoyed this episode. I laughed out loud over my breakfast several times :D

Also, prompted me to look up the cast members for age... Alison Brie and Gillian Jacobs are both 31, Danny Pudi is 35. Jeff and Annie aren't so far apart in age after all. And I no longer feel creepy for finding her so attractive :)

GI Joe is a little bit before my time, but the old-style cartoon is familiar enough that I think I pretty much got all of the jokes (of course I wouldn't necessarily know that I didn't get the jokes I didn't get). All in all it was another very funny episode.

The commercial 'layer' really made the concept work for me, giving the whole episode a fevered and insane feel more than I think having Jeff hallucinate just a cartoon would have. It could have ended up having been played relatively straight (for a sitcom show doing a departure to an 80s cartoon), instead they made it completely madcap, which I appreciated.

I kind of wish Jeff had just tried to kill himself, or maybe just regularly accidentally overdosed on alcohol and painkillers, rather than taking bizarre pills that were, I guess, sold to him as having de-aging power. Would Jeff really have believed that? And who sells bullshit de-aging pills that are, instead, some other kind of drug powerful enough to cause a medical emergency when combined with alcohol? If you're selling bullshit pills, sell bullshit pills, there's no reason to give away drugs that would be valuable to high-seekers.

Very funny episode. For me, this is the funniest concept episode since the ACB one, since I didn't think the others were all too funny (not to say they weren't enjoyable though).

And btw, let's give Jim Rash his own TV show. He is a complete show-stealer.

Tonights episode was saved by the second half.

Abed talking about "the story" was completely unfunny and almost painful to watch.

Mediocre episode in the laughs department. However, can't wait for the conclusion to this buried treasure storyline.

There was some funny stuff, but definitely not one of Community's more hilarious episodes. I enjoyed Abed's 'no story' thing in the first scene (the whole school telling the Dean they love him instead of a crisis being announced!), but the part with him being chased and breaking down yelling at/to himself was, yea, pretty bad. But they didn't carry it beyond that, to their credit, so, whatever.

Ultimately my fondness or unfondness for this is episode will depend on what comes next- this was really only half a story. If next week is great, this one was a great set-up. If next weak fails, this one was just bland. A buried treasure, potential GOONIES episode does sound like it could be completely amazing, so I'm excited. Plus I've got this admittedly spurious reason to think it will be great: the last time Subway featured so heavily the episode was also a set-up, for one of the all-time bests, Pillows and Blankets (Civil War episode).

Tonights episode was saved by the second half.

Abed talking about "the story" was completely unfunny and almost painful to watch.

Mediocre episode in the laughs department. However, can't wait for the conclusion to this buried treasure storyline.

Pretty much agree with all that.

Archived