George has released a NEW.......Paragraph!

My original post stated that I have a friend who is a Random House Employee - True.

"2015" is what it says in the Computer System at Random House -True

Said Employee informed me that Bantam is announcing the release date this month - TRUE

Now if that happens or not is not on me, it's true that's what this employee told me, whom I trust and have known for 18 years.

Said Employee estimates that its coming in spring 2015.

This I can believe.

Well, maybe this "employee" is the real troll then. While you're just some random guy with bad manners who "knows someone" and who throws out a release date guess based on...nothing really. Your friend believes the book will come out in 2015? Well, many people here would have said the same. That information is worthless. *mountsheadonaspike*

George announces a release date. If the book comes out in spring 2015, he wouldn't announce a date one whole year before that happens. And 2014 is out of the question, because both Elio and GRRMs publisher in the UK have stated that TWOW is not finished and a release date not in sight at the moment. Jane Johnson specifically ruled out a release this year.

That's ridiculous to say 2014 is out of the question.

What happened in 2011? When GRRM wasn't finished with ADWD yet? March 2011....GRRM wasn't finished with ADWD yet.....But when did ADWD come out? 2011? June/July? So....If Martin does finish this year, relatively soon, then it is possible for a 2014 release date. So saying 2014 is out of the question is ridiculous.

it's crazy how people just read something and allow their imagination to run with it.

Bad manners? Don't even know what you're referring to..

We can almost certainly say 2015 will be the latest, 2014 is my prediction - AUGUST BABY

That's ridiculous to say 2014 is out of the question.

What happened in 2011? When GRRM wasn't finished with ADWD yet? March 2011....GRRM wasn't finished with ADWD yet.....But when did ADWD come out? 2011? June/July? So....If Martin does finish this year, relatively soon, then it is possible for a 2014 release date. So saying 2014 is out of the question is ridiculous.

I do agree with this. All anyone 'in the know' has said so far is "it's not finished yet". He could be finished in a month for all we know. The only person who knows for sure is GRRM. And when he's done, the book will follow not long after. TWoW will be a huge money maker so it's doubtful they'll sit on it for any length of time. Probably the same as ADwD, they'll release it a few months after he announces that it's done.

Of course I hope it'll come out sooner rather than later, but it wouldn't be so bad if it came out next year. At least this year we get the 'Rogues' story, plus the 'World of Ice and Fire' book to hold us over.

I think we should all keep in mind that:

Que sera sera whatever may be, may be. the future is not ours to see, que sera sera.

The book will come out when it comes out. No need to argue about it :D

But it's still possible, forget the UK publisher. George knows.

George knows. And a few people have at least some insight in his writing progress, including Ran and Jane Johnson. Ran states that an announcement is not imminent. Jane states that the book is certainly not coming out this year. And as Ran wrote: If RH updates their TWOW release date in the retailer catalogue, it's just a prediction, nothing more.

So your guy at RH, should he exist, probably knows nothing.

I don't know why we hinge so much on that publisher's tweet. The lady certainly wasn't clear enough. Yes, her voice has merit and authority,but the offhanded manner in which she spoke/typed, and deleting the previous tweet...

Keep shady. :lol:

And then the action from Elio. Sure, we speculate all the time. This discussion was no less heated than any previous one. The news makes us wild. Big deal. :D Why?

Something is up, I'm sure.

I don't know why we hinge so much on that publisher's tweet. The lady certainly wasn't clear enough. Yes, her voice has merit and authority,but the offhanded manner in which she spoke/typed, and deleting the previous tweet...

Keep shady. :lol:

And then the action from Elio. Sure, we speculate all the time. This discussion was no less heated than any previous one. The news makes us wild. Big deal. :D Why?

Something is up, I'm sure.

Do GRRM's books release in the US and the UK on the same date? Some books have a delay between the two. Don't know whether that's determined by authors or publishers.

I don't know why we hinge so much on that publisher's tweet. The lady certainly wasn't clear enough. Yes, her voice has merit and authority,but the offhanded manner in which she spoke/typed, and deleting the previous tweet... Keep shady. :lol

It's very difficult to tweet with clarity. Her earlier tweet that TWoW was almost certainly years away definitely foreclosed on the possibility of a 2014 release. If you want to be optimistic, you could hope for late 2015, but that's a leap of faith.

Deleting a tweet means it had information either wrong or not meant to be told.

Given all comments on George previously keep pushing deadline dates for AFFC/ADWD I can imagine that George & publisher will only annouce the date if it is set in stone, and yes that could mean only 1 month before actual release!

Lady Blizzardborn,

Yes, there can be differences between the two markets, I even remember some of the books being released earlier in UK, but that difference is still insignificant.

FalseKnight,

Yes, she used "certainly" in both tweets. :) It's the way she formulated the answer that drew my attention. And being informative, on point and succinct is the whole purpose of tweeting, so one can definitely be clear on the matters.

Nevermind the quantity/quality of the rumours, an official or an associate can always shot down such thing, for they have the authority and credibility = they're official. But I wonder what prompted those rumours in the first place... Not the obsession for the books (not a fan business), surely. Roy Dotrice says, nonchalantly - "George tells me he's got another one nearly ready..." and then corrects himself when he sensed his words shouldn't have been said. How's "nearly ready" similar to "a few years of works" (<-- by the repentant Dotrice)? How does the publisher know that TWoW won't be published (certainly not) in years - certainly not in 2014 when GRRM himself said that the publishers don't know the date? Why is Dunk and Egg compilation postponed 'till 2015? Is it the art work, again? Or the inclusion of the 4th novella? Wouldn't that entail the publication of TWoW prior to the compilation moment of 2015? Inconsistencies...

Archived