George has released a NEW.......Paragraph!

speak for yourself. GRRM took nearly six years to write A Dance with Dragons and it was the weakest book in the series, IMO

if he had the two battles in it I might think otherwise, but as the book stands quite a lot of the story has nothing happening. Some of Tyrion's chapters in particular added nothing to the story; I'm mostly talking about his travels with Jorah

I was speaking for myself. Hence why I said "I" instead of "we." And, personally, I loved Dance, and doubt it would've been better if he'd published it two years earlier in an earlier draft form.

Work of art I remember waiting for for a long time.

• Eyes Wide Shut. Got into Kubrick in 1990, Eyes Wide Shut was released in 1999.

Chinese Democracy. 1994-2008.

Fortunately, I've only started reading ASOIAF a couple of years ago... so I don't have a lot of cumulated waiting time... yet!

Lucky you. I bought Game of Thrones when it was first released in 1996 a few months before I turned 14. I'm 31 now.

No update on Winds from George like last year at the Game of Thrones premiere :(

He's doing his own premiere at his cinema in Santa Fe on March 29, at which, based on his saying on his announcement post that there were a lot of announcements and surprises on the way, some people believe (or believed) he's going to announce TWOW release date or something like that.

Yes, he will. Because that is the only surprise the majority wants to hear.

Ofcourse he could say:

surprise surprise, twow is about 25% done...

I have a feeling this will be the case as well. The guy clearly is going out of his way to edit and write just about anything he can get his hands on that isn't The Winds of Winter these days

So after adapting the first three books quite faithfully into four seasons, they're going to cram the last four (and much larger) books into three seasons.

I'm telling you, after S4 GoT will have a huge drop in quality.

After season 1, they weren't faithful to the books at all. The show did a good job of casting, though

Come on. I said "quite faithful". Not "entirely". Compare GoT to other adaptions like e.g. The Walking Dead and you get what I mean.

Well, more than 2,5 book in 3 seasons, and a little less than 4,5 in 4 or 5 seasons... They said 7 or 8 seasons, not specifically 7. Seeing as how parts of Dance and Feast will already appear in season 4, plus what's left of Storm.

So it seems to me that there's plenty of opportunity to stay as faithfull to the books as was done during season 1, 2 and 3

They can't stay completely faithful not everything works with the limitations of TV, hence ashara instead of asha and Robb's wife, how are they gonna explain the whole we sterling thing, and ties up loose ends better killing her that way as well. Also the whole vargo hoat/ amory lorch the only change so fAr I see having problems is mago getting killed in season 1. They make the changes they have to to make it work better for film. I mean come on there adapting 1500 pages to 10 hours adaptations are never perfect. Oh also the whole barristan not being on the kings council an him not hiding his identity

Nothing in the story but the title ...

I have looked at all kinds of websites searching any information from ASOIAF to see when TWOW will come out. So many of the article titles are made to catch my eye, and then let me down with the same crap that was in 20 other articles. This one is no different and I have never heard of this source. Are they accredited? From the looks of it, no.

I have looked at all kinds of websites searching any information from ASOIAF to see when TWOW will come out. So many of the article titles are made to catch my eye, and then let me down with the same crap that was in 20 other articles. This one is no different and I have never heard of this source. Are they accredited? From the looks of it, no.

In my opinion, it's just a waste of time searching for information on TWoW release. When he's done and ready to release it the whole world will explode.

Archived