Roose Bolton is garbage, and a clown.

E-Ro

Actually, and I swear this isn't biased ;), I found the March of the Unsullied to be the most epic theme. The last scene in And Now His Watch Has Ended is probably the greatest they've ever done. One unpopular opinion, I actually did like the Mhysa scene and the music for it was legit. Chanting High Valyrian in a gospel-y way was amazing.

:agree:

Possibly the Children is a bit better tho

Was there ever a case of a Daenerys fan getting over the top, so that he had to be banned?

It seems such a Stannis thing actually...and a Stark thing....and a Snow thing...

I don't know about this forum but everywhere else

fb sites youtube

all i see is

STANNIS STANNIS STANNIS!

Was there ever a case of a Daenerys fan getting over the top, so that he had to be banned?

It seems such a Stannis thing actually...and a Stark thing....and a Snow thing...

I think it's because there are less Dany fans than Stannis or Stark or Jon fans.

Or maybe the mods like Dany. CONSPIRACY!!!!

I recently saw some other ASOIAF sites, like Tower of the Hand and such, and Stannis is a MUCH bigger deal here than in any other place I found.

Here's ToH ranking of 30 most popular characters. Stannis is 26th.

http://towerofthehand.com/essays/top30affc/index.html

Mannis is a here thing.

Edit: E-Ro was banned? :(

I recently saw some other ASOIAF sites, like Tower of the Hand and such, and Stannis is a MUCH bigger deal here than in any other place I found.

Here's ToH ranking of 30 most popular characters. Stannis is 26th.

http://towerofthehand.com/essays/top30affc/index.html

Mannis is a here thing.

I guess this forum is where the Stannis fans flee to, having been exiled from other forums...

Here's ToH ranking of 30 most popular characters. Stannis is 26th.http://towerofthehand.com/essays/top30affc/index.html

Mannis is a here thing.

Yeah, I remember reading that list and chuckling to myself from how different it is here. I tell friends and others who have read the books how popular Stannis is here and they are all very surprised. A lot of following the crowd IMO.

GoT, RB:

The thing about the Stannis stuff is that once it gets going, it's self-fulfilling. The whole Schlick is about how under-appreciated he is, about how he lacks in popularity because he lacks in superficiality, etc.

So when confronted with alternate opinions, it's confirmation. He's too 'real' for most. See?

And when confronted with agreement, it's also confirmation. ___ 'gets it!' See?

So in general everyone screws Stannis. The show, other fans, at some point GRRM. The only people who don't are those not dazzled by shiny objects or deceived by injustice. And once you get going down that road, you're never going to stop.

Roose is great, but I still want to believe there is more to him, not saying that in supernatural sense, I mean there is more to him in his agenda and personality.

When I first read GoT and Roose was mentioned, I was like, traitor alert, this guy is obviously evil. But then I thoght to myself, it would be so much better if he remained on Robb's side, it gives some gray morality to the Northmen, hey they have that flaying guy with them, there are sick bastard's on every side. Then Roose betrays Starks, but I still hope there is more to him, not just some evil psychopath.

And for the rape, I think he raped Ramsey's mother as much as her husband did, it was arranged marriage and on the other hand Roose was handsome lord, you don't really reject those even if violence or threat of it wasn't even implied. So less of the rape more of using position of authority to get sex, like teacher or boss, still bad, but not as much as violent rape ala Mountain and Elia, and even less in feudal society.

It's all about quality, not quantity :P Domeric was weak and Ramsay is a total loon. I'll take slightly damaged Shireen everyday :P

BtW E-Ro has fallen from this board, so don't bother waiting for a reply ;)

I know. E-Ro was a man to be undone, ser.

But honestly, his candor was the whole reason I joined. Amusing poster. :frown5:

Archived