Small Questions v 10027

Stubby

Robert was older iirc. He was born 263, which made him 15 in 278 when his father held the tourney Barristan won (included this because I was looking into it after the post earlier this thread) and 19/20 during the Rebellion. Ned was 18 unless I am mistaken.

Ned was 18 when he rode from the Eyrie to the great tourney at Harrenhal, which made him "19/20 during the Rebellion", too :)

eta:

The memory came creeping upon him in the darkness, as vivid as a dream. It was the year of false spring, and he was eighteen again, down from the Eyrie to the tourney at Harrenhal. He could see the deep green of the grass, and smell the pollen on the wind.

AGoT 58 Eddard XV p. 630

Robert was older iirc. He was born 263, which made him 15 in 278 when his father held the tourney Barristan won (included this because I was looking into it after the post earlier this thread) and 19/20 during the Rebellion. Ned was 18 unless I am mistaken.

Ned was 18 in 281AC, and 35 in 298AC. We don't know if his nameday had already passed in both years, or whether they were still to come (since 281-18=263 and 298-35=263, this given no hint).

Neds age isn't mentioned anywhere else at all, so I was hoping for some connection between Ned and Robert (who was in fact born in 263AC)

ETA: Rhaenys - thanks. I dont know why, but I thought Larys smuggled Jaehaera, Aegon and Maelor from the Red Keep. My bad :P

Wait, did I say anything about this?

Because Jaehaera, Aegon II and Maelor were all three smuggled out of the Red Keep by Larys, assisted by two members of the Kingsguard (can't look up their names at the moment). Jaehaera survived the war, though her location during the period she was in hiding is unknown. Maelor seems to have died off screen before Helaena's death, since it's mentioned that "her sons" are dead, while we've only seen Jaehaerys die.

Ned was 18 in 281AC, and 35 in 298AC. We don't know if his nameday had already passed in both years, or whether they were still to come (since 281-18=263 and 298-35=263, this given no hint).

Neds age isn't mentioned anywhere else at all, so I was hoping for some connection between Ned and Robert (who was in fact born in 263AC)

Wait, did I say anything about this?

Because Jaehaera, Aegon II and Maelor were all three smuggled out of the Red Keep by Larys, assisted by two members of the Kingsguard (can't look up their names at the moment). Jaehaera survived the war, though her location during the period she was in hiding is unknown. Maelor seems to have died off screen before Helaena's death, since it's mentioned that "her sons" are dead, while we've only seen Jaehaerys die.

I think it was you replied yes. It was with the quote abot helaena's sons being killed. However, since Maelor disappeared, couldnt that just be the rumour in Kings Landing - that Rhaenyra had him killed?

Re Ned: Yes, I was confused, it was his age at the tourney I was thinking of, as JW kindly corrected :) No concrete age though.

Was the wine that Joffrey drank at his wedding ever specified? Arbor red, or just an unknown type? His wedding is coming up on the show so I'd like to know what's the best equivalent to have that night...

(or alternatively, is there any red wine any of you would recommend for this night that is very sweet? I'm not an experienced drinker so I'd like something that isn't so bitter... this may be pushing it for small questions. :laugh: )

Was the wine that Joffrey drank at his wedding ever specified? Arbor red, or just an unknown type? His wedding is coming up on the show so I'd like to know what's the best equivalent to have that night...

(or alternatively, is there any red wine any of you would recommend for this night that is very sweet? I'm not an experienced drinker so I'd like something that isn't so bitter... this may be pushing it for small questions. :laugh: )

It depends on where you are (and thus what you have as options) but generally, Merlot is softer while Cabernet Sauvignon is more... I'd call it sour.

At least these are the two general types that are being drank where I'm based, so go for Merlot if these are the options for you as well.

Do you have a decent wine store where you are? Go there and ask someone to recommend a red wine for people who don't drink red wine, something they would direct to people who are used to drinking sweet stuff like juice and soft drinks. And also, have a bottle or cans of ginger ale handy. I know many people, myself included, who were introduced to wine by their parents by being given half a glass of red cut with ginger ale to taste. :)

Orzada, cabernet sauvignon. Its a nice bottle of wine, but its actually purple, not red. This is why I recommend it for the purple wedding.

Why wasn't Jaime on the list of people Arya wanted dead? I thought she would be pretty angry over the deaths of Jory and Ned's other men.

He wasn't.

Spoilerwarned the most recent of Arya's good night prayers:

Ser Gregor, she thought, Dunsen, Raff the Sweetling, Ser Ilyn, Ser Meryn, Queen Cersei. Only six now. Joffrey was dead, the Hound had slain Polliver, and she'd stabbed the Tickler herself, and that stupid squire with the pimple. I wouldn't have killed him if he hadn't grabbed me. The Hound had been dying when she left him on the banks of the Trident, burning up with fever from his wound. I should have given him the gift of mercy and put a knife into his heart.

AFfC 6 Arya I

It is scary to see the forum so silent... the show must be on...

I was wondering why he wasn't on her kill list. I already knew that he wasn't on her kill list.

Obviously you did just that, why did I misread your question? Can't tell. Have to find an answer then...

eta: ...it looks like she only puts killers on the list who killed her kin, family and friends and later fellow sufferers. Jaime does not qualify for the list because Arya is ignorant that it was him attempting to murder Bran by throwing him from the tower.

Why wasn't Jaime on the list of people Arya wanted dead? I thought she would be pretty angry over the deaths of Jory and Ned's other men.

All of the people on her list are either people who were involved in killing Ned, or who did terrible things that Arya witnessed after Neds death.

I'm not sure about the Hound though. Was he on her list at one point? I can't check right now. And if so, since when? Since he killed Beric Dondarrion? Or before?

Archived