Season 4 Impressions

Westeros

No, seen that one - thanks though. Apparently there was a trailer exclusive for HBO go/on demand called the weeks ahead, with scenes from the next few episodes set to music like the earlier trailers. I've heard it from a few different sources now, but usually there's one on youtube by now, can't seem to find it.

The meeting of Brienne and Margaery was forced and the dialogue illogical...like why would the Tyrells care anymore about the dead Renly..or why would the audience,that saw Renly even less.

I'd say it kept in line with Brienne's established furor over Renly's death and her equally well-established sense of loyalty. The Tyrells wouldn't care explicitly, but Margaery was well aware of Loras' relationship to Renly, so she would definitely be at the least curious to know this piece of information.

Personally I'm just looking forward to seeing JF and NCW playing off each other-I imagine it will be epic. And Bronn might be able to fill in Jaime on what's been happening in KL...and with his brother as well providing a certain more grounded 'street smart' perspective for Jaime on coming events...

Eeeee, so awesome! Lots of new footage, too.

Things I noticed:

-a new shot of a snow-covered throne room, the same imagery from the House of the Undying vision (must be one of Bran's visions...it's very interesting that this imagery is being reused)

-more emphasis in KL among the Small Council on the threat potentially posed by Dany (which must be exciting for Unsullied viewers but less so for us, we know she's not going anywhere anytime soon)

-Jon warning Alliser of the threat posed by the wildlings

-Jorah saying something about men becoming beasts when you chain them like beasts (reminds me of his line used in a previous season's trailer about there being a beast in every man)

-Jaime saying of Sansa presumably "There's still a chance to get her somewhere safe"

-a shot of Brienne riding in her fancy new armour and looking back over her shoulder

-fancy Arya swordplay practice!

-the Hound telling Arya, "There's no safety. How many Starks have they got to behead before you figure it out?"

-Oberyn's voiceover saying "All those who have wronged me are right here"

-someone saying "Is it justice to answer one crime with another?" I don't recognize the voice, though. It's at about 1:25 of the video. It sounds a bit like Anguy from the BWB, now that I think of it, but it's probably someone else.

Need an HD version of this yesterday. I actually liked this trailer far better than any of the ones which aired before Season 4 started. Whoops!

[quote name="iknownothingjonsnow"

Many things mentioned in this video suggest to me that this is going to be a frustratingly disappointing season. It sounds like they're amping up the needless sex, further diverging from the spirit of certain elements of the book(s), and continuing to pad the shows with filler despite having an embarrassment of riches in the source material.

Perhaps I'm reading too much into filtered impressions based on a partial viewing, but I am concerned nonetheless.

You are a touf critic homie. The books are very sexually explicit without any HBO producer needing to glam it up for the show. I remember there being a lot more rapeing going on, sex with moons blood, dany getting pleasure from hand maidens, her bear titti out, ygrette and jon having fun in the caves. Yes they created Ros's character up for the show and made little finger's brothel a lil more center stage but all that pushed the story alon just nicely. And ya I agree, The Martels of Dorne seem to be a lot more sexed up, but that deff will make all the sometimes Toklen esq Dorne POV scenes more lively and also add a lil more humanity to the Red Viper and add some spice and joy to all "the horror, the horror" of all the passionate death and bloody vengefull ruthlessness that permiates this seasons material. There were so many people who were solely viewers that were so outraged by the Red Wedding, its no wonder DandD wanted to add some simple life pleasures to this season to lighte the mood a bit before and perhaps even to allow for more of a dratic drop in the mood later on. Also, Please elaborate on what specific plot elements you see them as unnessesarally deviating from the natural spirit of on the show. The story is naturally a little different on screne then in book form, based on the paramitors of the diff media and art formats. And I really can find no padded filler that wasn't needed to suport plot changes. I think its only natural to be concerned that a show might really ruin any intrinsic value of a book and throw a bunch of humping in to make people watch it. That we can hopefully all agree did happen completely to another show on the same channel that involves vampires and is in its final season this year. However, I see in no way Game of Thrones falling to a fate like that!

Also please excuse my spelling, yes I'm well aware its awefull.

Heh. Tyrion would make a lot more sense, but the accent sounded too normal to be Peter Dinklage's British accent to my ears.

He is undergoing a little bit of.... stress shall we say. Certainly the final line didn't sound the normal Dinklage either. I'll have to give it a few more watches to see if I can come up with an alternative.

Archived