Season 4 Impressions

Westeros

Heh. Tyrion would make a lot more sense, but the accent sounded too normal to be Peter Dinklage's British accent to my ears.

Just listened a couple of dozen times. The "Is it justice" part could be Tyrion and the "one crime with another" really sounds like it couldn't be him....

I just cannot pick the voice so I am going to go with: New Daario.

If its New Daario talking to Dany, the line makes perfect sense.

[quote name="iknownothingjonsnow"

Many things mentioned in this video suggest to me that this is going to be a frustratingly disappointing season. It sounds like they're amping up the needless sex, further diverging from the spirit of certain elements of the book(s), and continuing to pad the shows with filler despite having an embarrassment of riches in the source material.

Perhaps I'm reading too much into filtered impressions based on a partial viewing, but I am concerned nonetheless.

The books were padded with filler as well, to my mind. Quite a lot of the Iron Islands material, and some of the Dorne, seemed bonkers to introduce so late in the game; it's a wonder they'll show up in the series at all.

Can you imagine writing a series and being able to test your storyline on your subjects prior to writing it, time and time again. GRRM has by using the Dunc and Egg novella to create new elements, and he used other short stories to tie up a few loose

ends. It's a thoughtful work though it leaves me at times wondering if GRRM is able to come to the Climax. The fore play is great at times

That being said I love the show, even with it's inconsistences. I enjoy the Hound but I thought he had the life threatening stab wound at this point. And Jamie, his line is being altered in the show. And I wonder about Danery's future, will book 6 & 7

come out of this season and the next of the show ? It's said a picture is worth a thousand words, a motion picture how many?

Em, I didn't say they weren't attractive, I said they weren't as beautiful as they were in the books, and they're not, especially the men, the guy who plays Joff isn't even really good looking, Coster Waldea is handsome but not the amazingly handsome guy that Jamie Lannister is supposed to be. Theon is supposed to be very handsome also, and while Alfie kills it in the role, he's not handsome by any stretch of the imagination. Lena and Emelia are good looking, but not great beauties, I am sticking with that.

Emilia "not a great beauty"

????????????????

Uuuh, this looks actually good! I thought and maybe still think, that Tyrion vs Cersei was going to be quite lacklustre, since both of them have been so whitewashed so far, but those few lines they have in the trailer are really rather promising. Hope it's not disappointing!

She's pretty, certainly, but she's not one for the ages. But then, who is, really?

I'm not sure why I should care very much that none of the actors are as good looking as their respective characters (or, conversely, aren't ill-favored enough for their roles), when George can describe them as exceptionally as he likes, whereas the show obviously is limited in who walks through the door to audition, who provides the best performance potential, and so on. I'm sure handsomer men and more beautiful women than Nikolaj, Emilia, Kit, and Lena auditioned for their respective parts, but the production obviously weighted performance heavily (but not entirely) over appearance.

She's pretty, certainly, but she's not one for the ages. But then, who is, really?

I'm not sure why I should care very much that none of the actors are as good looking as their respective characters (or, conversely, aren't ill-favored enough for their roles), when George can describe them as exceptionally as he likes, whereas the show obviously is limited in who walks through the door to audition, who provides the best performance potential, and so on. I'm sure handsomer men and more beautiful women than Nikolaj, Emilia, Kit, and Lena auditioned for their respective parts, but the production obviously weighted performance heavily (but not entirely) over appearance.

Well said. Anyone who expects real people (let alone the much smaller pool of actors suitable for the roles, are available, don't cost too much, etc etc etc) to match the over-the-top superlatives of the written word are delusional.

Thank god the production has, to an amazing degree, found such a wonderful pool of actors to represent the characters so well. And thank god the production isn't as shallow as some of the members here!

I think that when George describes people as being "beautiful," he means that in the context of the time period, they would have been considered that way. The general beauty standards of the show are way higher than they would actually be in a medieval society like Westeros (grooming and hygiene limitations, and the like).

I would be very surprised if Quentyn isn't cut. Also, a show doesn't hire an actress like Indira Varma just for one season, I don't think. I would expect her to take on the role of the Sand Snakes.

Ironically that's usually the Norm.

Rome

Luther

Torchwood (okay just one episode really)

Hunted

Human Target

Hustle

Moses Jones

3lbs

Broken News

In a Land of Plenty

To be fair a few were cancelled after 1 season but MORE than 1 season would be unique for her! :)

Ironically that's usually the Norm.

Rome

Luther

Torchwood (okay just one episode really)

Hunted

Human Target

Hustle

Moses Jones

3lbs

Broken News

In a Land of Plenty

To be fair a few were cancelled after 1 season but MORE than 1 season would be unique for her! :)

It's pretty funny to hear people think that Actors don't play 1 season archs. It's as if they never watched another TV show before in their life.

Archived