Season 4 Impressions

Westeros

on wic .net they are saying that a new trailer titled the weeks ahead is on HBO go, with a lot of new footage so could someone that has HBO go check and see if they can post it. I think everyone would appreciate it.

I have seen no such thing.

I believe the first episode is a pretty mess.I was expecting at least the Arya scene to be like in the book with "Where is lord beric?How many soldiers?How many archers?how many how many....?"(stabbing).Tyrion was pretty low comparing to other episodes,jaime is unfitting..in the books he didn't lose all his arogance..he became somewhat cynical...yet here he sounded like a pityful man...I hope that is not all we have seen from the White Book...again total %$^$.

Damn i don't know if they couldve done Jon's trial better..but that was too quick...Alliser was too forgiving..and damn he was with Slynt..if they cut the part with "Edd fetch me a block"...i won't watch it anymore.

Sansa with ser Dontos was meh...

The meeting of Brienne and Margaery was forced and the dialogue illogical...like why would the Tyrells care anymore about the dead Renly..or why would the audience,that saw Renly even less.

And Oberyn..the bysexual nature emphasize was pretty good...the knife part was ok .but the thing that brought it down for me was the discussion in the street about Elia ...dudes seriously they were discussing about Elia in a damn street like two hobos...it was unfit..they couldve chosen a damn solar (the environment was bad).

I can never find things on HBO Go but if you type preview in the search box, the preview comes up.

Odd... I saw it earlier on my phone while at work (couldn't watch), but now I want to watch it on my computer at home in full screen and now I can't find it :(

I guess it was taken down. "Preview" gives me no results now :(

Tbh the only good scene was when Martell knifed the hand.

Pod,Bron and the Imp with just a little banner.

Then you see how much detail they put into the dragons

The movies/shows are as never as good in the books but they really drag the AGoT through the mudd i'm refusing to watch any more.

Tbh the only good scene was when Martell knifed the hand.

Pod,Bron and the Imp with just a little banner.

Then you see how much detail they put into the dragons

The movies/shows are as never as good in the books but they really drag the AGoT through the mudd i'm refusing to watch any more.

You shouldn't have watched it, ever. Unless you don't know yourself, it seems to me your standards for adaptation are utopian.

Excellent, if you don't watch any more, you won't need to comment any more either. That's a win-win for all of us.

Of course, you are going to continue to watch, and you are going to continue to complain. And you will continue to stamp your foot and declare you are going to refuse to watch any more. That's just how these things go.

I believe the first episode is a pretty mess.I was expecting at least the Arya scene to be like in the book with "Where is lord beric?How many soldiers?How many archers?how many how many....?"(stabbing).Tyrion was pretty low comparing to other episodes,jaime is unfitting..in the books he didn't lose all his arogance..he became somewhat cynical...yet here he sounded like a pityful man...I hope that is not all we have seen from the White Book...again total %$^$.

Damn i don't know if they couldve done Jon's trial better..but that was too quick...Alliser was too forgiving..and damn he was with Slynt..if they cut the part with "Edd fetch me a block"...i won't watch it anymore.

Sansa with ser Dontos was meh...

The meeting of Brienne and Margaery was forced and the dialogue illogical...like why would the Tyrells care anymore about the dead Renly..or why would the audience,that saw Renly even less.

And Oberyn..the bysexual nature emphasize was pretty good...the knife part was ok .but the thing that brought it down for me was the discussion in the street about Elia ...dudes seriously they were discussing about Elia in a damn street like two hobos...it was unfit..they couldve chosen a damn solar (the environment was bad).

If i remember correctly, Polliver didnt deliver those lines earlier in the season, so if Arya was saying that it would have made no sense ... so they changed it

I might be wrong but I'm pretty sure Wilko Johnson is still alive

It was announced last week that he would be playing Glastonbury this year, health permitting. He has just toured with roger daltrey, only for 8 gigs and I believe he is releasing an album with him. He has said on BBC Radio 6 that because of his cancer he can't really plan more than a couple of months ahead so a hectic schedule of fight scenes with Jaime seems unlikely. Personally I think Bronn seems like a good alternative for a sparring partner. Given D&Ds habit of removing any layers of subtlety from characters and plolines to make them more viewer freindly.

It was announced last week that he would be playing Glastonbury this year, health permitting. He has just toured with roger daltrey, only for 8 gigs and I believe he is releasing an album with him. He has said on BBC Radio 6 that because of his cancer he can't really plan more than a couple of months ahead so a hectic schedule of fight scenes with Jaime seems unlikely. Personally I think Bronn seems like a good alternative for a sparring partner. Given D&Ds habit of removing any layers of subtlety from characters and plolines to make them more viewer freindly.

Bronn being his sparing partner will work for the show, but it's kind of funny going from a guy without a tongue aka so no one will know how bad Jamie is, to a big loud mouth like Bronn.

Bronn being his sparing partner will work for the show, but it's kind of funny going from a guy without a tongue aka so no one will know how bad Jamie is, to a big loud mouth like Bronn.

it was also nice because jamie revealed so much to ilyn payne...i wonder if we will see anything like that this season with jamie

it was also nice because jamie revealed so much to ilyn payne...i wonder if we will see anything like that this season with jamie

Many of the things he reveals to Payne are related to Cersei, and as we see them interact often, it's not needed.

But still, Bronn could say something like "yeah, you fuck your sister; you're brother was fucking some whore, why do I care?".

Many things mentioned in this video suggest to me that this is going to be a frustratingly disappointing season. It sounds like they're amping up the needless sex, further diverging from the spirit of certain elements of the book(s), and continuing to pad the shows with filler despite having an embarrassment of riches in the source material.

Perhaps I'm reading too much into filtered impressions based on a partial viewing, but I am concerned nonetheless.

exactly all the stuff needed to progress the reality of the story and the intrigue will be left out for mindless displays of nudity. just like the Oberyn scene in the 1st episode.

Archived