[BOOK SPOILERS] Discussing Sansa V

Mladen

SPOILER ALERT: This thread might contain spoilers for all five installments of ASOIAF, so please have that in mind before reading it.

And here we go again. Welcome to the 5th edition of Discussing Sansa thread dedicated to both book and TV show fans who want to discuss the character, the adaptation and the differences between TV and book version of Sansa Stark.

I started this thread last year, after episode 3.07 when there was a need to discuss the differences between TV and book Sansa. Since that thread, I have been opening threads in every episode subforum which Sansa appeared in. Up until know, we had three editions dedicated to Sansa’s appearances on the show (episodes 7,8 and 10 of Season III) and there is currently opened thread at General GOT subforum dedicated to the broad discussion about Sansa.

Since Sansa has always been one of the most controversial and divisive characters, there is always a need to set some ground rules. First and foremost, I will have to ask each and every one of you (myself included:)) to maintain polite and civilized tone during discussion. Furthermore, this thread is not dedicated to everything about Sansa under the sun, but solely to her appearance in this episode, what her scenes mean for her future role and how they diverge from what we know about Sansa in the books. As was previously said, for the broad discussion about Sansa in previous seasons and whatever you want to discuss about Sansa in Game of Thrones TV show, please go to edition IV of this thread and post there.

I have opened this thread before airing of the episode 1, so you could all post your first impressions right away. I will join the discussion as soon as possible, but until then I invite all of you to post all your impressions, opinions and thoughts about Sansa…

With all of that being said, I welcome you again to Discussion Sansa thread…

P.S. Those who see the episode first, please quote Ran's guideline (if you find it) through which chapters of the book this episode contained, or just write it yourself. Thank you very much.

I'm glad to hear that Sansa apparently isn't friendly with Tyrion anymore post-RW. It'll be interesting to see that play out. Also,

we know the hairnet is in (though it's been replaced with a necklace IIRC)

and LF's lines in trailers are mostly directly from his book interactions with her. So far, her arc looks like it's going to be one of the most faithful to the books in season 4.

I'm thinking that Dontos will approach her this episode. I wonder how the meeting will be different. But it almost has to happen this episode, as a

purplish colored wedding probably happens next Sunday. ;)

I was wondering if that particular event would happen so early given the title of the fifth episode. I am surprised that they would change the hairnet to a necklace. I wanted to see that chain of events play out according to the book.

I was wondering if that particular event would happen so early given the title of the fifth episode. I am surprised that they would change the hairnet to a necklace. I wanted to see that chain of events play out according to the book.

Oh, apparently it does. Dunno why they changed it to a necklace though.

I think the title of the fifth episode probably relates to his official crowning. I think the title of the second episode relates to a wedding. The title of the 4th episode is the sword that

Jaime gives Brienne to go look for the Stark girls, and that happens after the PW. I think events unfold rather quickly this season

If they keep to the book, then I'd like to see Left and Right accompanying a certain someone. :)

I supposed it's realistic that his coronation would be some time after the events of episode 2. Given that Peter Dinklage is in basically every single episode, I highly doubt we'll see an episode without the events in King's Landing early on this season. I am quite sad that Sansa hasn't seen what a tremendous ally she has in Tyrion.

If we are discussing the show, Sansa has clearly warmed to Tyrion up to the point of the Red Wedding. I don't even think she blames him for that in the least. I think Sansa has learned a lot and realizes that Tyrion is carrying his own sort of terrors and that his family mistreats him.

How does one insert spoiler code anyway?

I was talking about Rickon post, this thread is labeled book spoilers so saying things that are show spoilers like

sansa hairnet has been replaced by a necklace

should be off limits.

Is that really that spoilerish since the actual article of clothing is merely a means to an end, and the purpose it serves is already covered by "book spoilers"? I just don't see how it's any more spoilerish than, say, discussing how a character has a different hair color than in the books.

Anyhow, I don't recall seeing many hairnets on the show, so, it's probably a good change if they're trying to be subtle about it.

I'll tag it anyway, it just seems a little on the innocuous side.

How does one insert spoiler code anyway?

[ spoiler ] text [ /spoiler ]

Just remove the "space"

Guys, I know that some people saw first several episodes of Season IV, but I have to ask of them to use spoiler brackets or not mention them at all. Thank you very much.

Sorry guys, I edited my posts to add spoiler tags where necessary. Seems a bit unnecessary to hide things which are confirmed in the episodes we're discussing just so others can continue to falsely speculate (especially as the first episode airs tonight), but whatever, I get it.

Sorry guys, I edited my posts to add spoiler tags where necessary. Seems a bit unnecessary to hide things which are confirmed in the episodes we're discussing just so others can continue to falsely speculate (especially as the first episode airs tonight), but whatever, I get it.

But without wild false speculation we'd miss out on some of the more entertaining conspiracy theories around here. Like, for example, how Lysa Tully is actually Rhaegar Targaryen in drag.

...right?

Archived