[NO SPOILERS] Positive Nitpicking: What did you love about the episode?

shiola

Overall I must say that I am postively surprised by the acting. Only Emilia Clarke has been as emotionless as always. Especially Kit Harrington (I didn't know he was able to pull a perfomance like this after last season's average acting), Pedro Pascal and Sophie Turner were pure gold.

The Dontos/Sansa scene actually made me quite sad as well.

I think I begin to like Ser Alliser in the show as well. Did anyone else notice then return of Bowen Marsh? He was sitting next to Maester Aemon if I recall correctly.

Agree about the acting. A lot of the actors seem far more comfortable in their roles than previous.

Aside from all the obvious strengths of what was probably the best season premiere, the namedrops of Arthur Dayne and Doran were good to see. The new music is fantastic. The Thenns are all kinds of horrifying and awesome at once. So much to look forward to with the rest of the season.

-Oberyn

-Ellaria

-Dragons

-Tywin

They were fucking awesome!!! The teenage dragons are SO adorable!!! They remind me of my dogs, they are so bloody awesome.

Charles Dance rocked it, and Pedro Pascal, holy shit, he was freaking amazing! The best cast ever! He was hot and dangerous and funny and badass and everything Oberyn has to be. :wub:

Another thing I exceedingly enjoyed: NO Littlefinger!

And I very much appreciated that Elia (whose name I pronounce the way it was pronounced on the show) and Rhaegar were finally mentioned.

I have way too many favourite moments... But let's name three...

I loved the beginning, it was very clever and powerful. I love how Tywin is portrayed in the show.

Oberyn, finally! I knew there was no way I'd be disappointed by him... He is fantastic. Intelligent, deadly, sexy... Well done, Pedro! The brothel scene might turn out to be one of my favourites in the whole season.

Arya. The second person to completely steal the show. That look on her face in the last scene...

Honourable mention goes to... Tyrion. He's probably the one I missed most. Also I can't wait to see more interaction between him and Oberyn.

What a delicious episode.

I stayed up until 3AM to watch this and I wasn't disappointed. I really enjoyed just about every second.

In particular, I liked the Jon trial and the way everyone pretty much ignored Janos Slynt.

Oberyn was as class as I expected. His interactions with Tyrion should make some great television.

And Arya and Sandor continue to be the best double act on the show.

I kind of want them to skip the Arya in Braavos part and just have her travel with the Hound instead.

The reforging of Ice as the opening, and the music in the scene gave me chills. It was perfect. Loved Jon talking about Robb, and being back with Sam. Loved watching him being strong while defending himself! Of course, everything with Arya and the hound was fantastic! :)

Everything!

I thought this was an excellent season premiere. I love the character development. I LOVED seeing Jaime and Joffrey interact and the little touches, like the Joffrey over the wolf statute.

The opening scene with the sword was great even though it angered me.

I loved everything about the introduction of Prince Oberyn.

Of course, Arya and the Hound stole the show.

But I also enjoyed all of the Lannister stuff, the way that Tywin and Cersei are now starting to treat Jaime the way they have treated Tyrion. Lady Olenna tossing the necklace and even Margaery's little comment about the kind of necklace Joffrey would give her was a nice insight into her mind and feelings toward him.

One of the other simple things I enjoyed was Brienne's outfit in King's Landing - it was perfect for her in every way. I also really enjoyed Sansa's line to Tyrion about why she goes to the Godswood and that we got to see that she is aware she is being watched. I hope they start doing more of that to show that Sansa is much smarter than they have previously portrayed her.

Also, the Thenns were interesting and I liked how they show Jon standing up for himself and not backing down with thorne and Slynt.

I don't really have any comments about Danaerys except that the dragons looked really good.

Dat 'sizzle' as Oberyn passes his hand through the candle flame.

Call forward to Quentyn methinks.

loved the Thenns, loved Drogon snapping at Dany. Loved The Hound eating chicken and Arya riding a pony.

Archived