Dating 9: resolving the cliffhangers of the last thread

Angalin

Got a dinner date tomorrow with the girl I met for a coffee date/walk three weeks ago. :)

I'm surprised it's going ahead. We discussed meeting this weekend over a week ago, but she went radio silent last Thursday. I assumed she'd changed her mind until I got an email Friday morning apologising for the delay due to being busy (she's doing a PhD as well as lecturing). So we agreed on tomorrow. It's an hour and 20 minute train ride for me (we're meeting in a town in the middle as I'm west coast Scotland, she's east), so the distance might end up being a killer.

Well, some good news in my misfortune; I met Lady J out today as friends and it wasn't weird at all. It was just as smooth as it ever was. So, this whole being friends thing is probably gonna work out.

Also I'm quickly becoming a regular at this one bar, which is nice. Evwm had some guys comment on the fact that I can just order "a beer" and not have to pay up front. The beauty of tabs.

I recently realized that boytoy and I are in my longest relationship ever! Clocking in at 2 years and 5 months now. :stunned: Kinda scary but also a good feeling. We've both come a long way and hopefully that'll continue for as long as we can stand each other.

I recently realized that boytoy and I are in my longest relationship ever! Clocking in at 2 years and 5 months now. :stunned: Kinda scary but also a good feeling. We've both come a long way and hopefully that'll continue for as long as we can stand each other.

:cheers: Congrats! Same for me, almost 18 months. Weird how some people are together for 10 or 20 years, and I'm amazed at a year and a half :laugh:

The relationship that included my marriage lasted for just under 2 years, but that includes almost a year of long distance. In terms of non LTR this one is my longest already at just over 15 months so I'm in on this sentiment too :p

MPDG continues to txt me dozens of times a day in a pretty flirty, verging occasionally on the explicit way. This combined with her "I'm not looking for a fling right now, I'm still trying to figure out things with my ex-" is giving me the strongest kind of mixed signals.

Dames, brother. Dames.

Nothing here is causing me to re-evaluate my "cynical manipulatrix" theory on MPDG. Behind that Zooey Deschanel exterior lies a steel-hearted monster. Flee! (unless you like that sort of thing).

The relationship that included my marriage lasted for just under 2 years, but that includes almost a year of long distance. In terms of non LTR this one is my longest already at just over 15 months so I'm in on this sentiment too :P

All of mine has been long-distance, as you know, so I'm interested to see if me moving closer to him makes it easier or harder! :P

hmmm, does anyone still meet/date people the old fashion way?.. or am I just getting old?:)

I mean aren't we all way more hip and "together" online than in real life. I can edit this post, edit my emails to a woman I'm interested in until I say just what I want to say, photoshop pics of myself or goodness forbid, use a pic of someone who isn't me... but in real life I can't do any of that stuff.

I met my last girlfriend at Publix in the checkout line.

She was bagging my groceries and asked "do you want help taking this out to your car", then whispering "say yes, I'm dying for a cigarette". We had a smoke together and I asked for her phone number. She said "you better call!"... and I did. It was like magic... until we broke up six months later.:)

Stockholm, and I just turned 30.

But I don't think it would work out between us. I mean, I'd show up for dates we had made, actually pay attention to what you say, not treat you like a booty-call, I don't mind that you have kids, etc. and that just doesn't seem like the type of guy you go for based on what you write in here :laugh:

It occurred to me that since I got home from New Orleans and have had to deal with the breakup, I have dealt with the depression in every destructive way I could fathom in order to hide the fact that I am indeed depressed. But now, for the first time, I've had too long to think about it and I have no idea what I am supposed to do to snap out of it.

I don't have any positive outlets and I don't feel like I have someone I can talk to. The few people I'd usually reach out to never take situations such as these as seriously as I need them to and if someone laughs to my face about this, I'll finally snap. You guys are usually nonjudgemental so please, advise me.

I don't have the money to talk to a professional.

In the UK there's a volunteer charity called The Samaritans people can phone to talk to, is there anything like that in the US?

Maybe develop a hobby like sketching/writing to occupy free time? Exercise to burn off any restless energy.

Archived