[NO SPOILERS] "Positive Nitpicking" - What you loved about the episode (READ THE OP)

shiola

Catching the repeat now and I'm already happy Tyrion and Jaime have a scene together.

In the books, the last time they talk is over breakfast at Winterfell. I thought this was very odd because Jaime was totally there in King's Landing to talk to Tyrion before Tyrion is sent to the Black Cells.

In regards to the whole "Show before the books":

We're in fifth book already with Ramsay and Roose!

I forgot to add.. There's some sort of exotic dancer/flexible sort of lady as part of the entertainment in a brief shot of the wedding. Podrick does like a quadruple take and just stares at her. I'm actually fond of the Podrick & Whores backstory. It's good for a chuckle.

She was present when Tyrion "paid" Pod back for saving him at Black Water.

She was described as being one of only few who could properly perform a Mereneese knot....

Good catch

She was present when Tyrion "paid" Pod back for saving him at Black Water.

She was described as being one of only few who could properly perform a Mereneese knot....

Good catch

Yes, I thought it was her!

Dwarf joust in the show was a vast improvement on the books. Really clever.

Loved Sansa's defiant "Fuck you" look at Joffrey as she retrieved the goblet for Tyrion. AMAZING.

The dialogue was everything, especially Loras' mic-dropping "And neither will you" moment with Jaime and Oberyn's pointed repartee with Tywin and Cersei.

Sansa - Sophie has what, 2 lines for the entire episode? And knocked it out of the park

Tyrion/Shea - I was actually interested in their engagement for the first time in a long time.

Boltons - I nice set up I feel. Ramsay wanting recognition... and knowing how to get it.

Loras - with a couple of moments that did him justice finally.

Gotta love the shout-out to the Iron Bank

Yeah! i don't know why it got me excited. it's like a part of me inside was like "HEY I KNOW THAT THING THEY'RE TALKING ABOUT!"

I loved the Oberyn scene, dude is killing it so far. Joff's final scene was great. Loved the Roose/Ramsay scene and especially loved Alfie's acting, it's great.The Jaime/Bronn Jaime/Loras were both great scenes also.

Loved Sansa's defiant "Fuck you" look at Joffrey as she retrieved the goblet for Tyrion. AMAZING.

Yes! I've always said Sansa couldn't even begin to survive the brutal experiences Arya has, but this episode in particular really underscored how very brutal are the experiences she's surviving in KL. Not that being forced to look at her father's head on a stake wasn't brutal, but now we see her strength and endurance, not just her horror. Just beautiful on the part of the character and the actor!

And I really liked the care and empathy btw Sansa and Tyrion.

Loved this episode!

At the Dreadfort:

- Ramsay's hunt: fantastically done. I'm interested in the addition of Miranda as a secondary psychopath in this storyline.

- Ramsey and Roose- Love the dynamic between these two. You're not a Bolton, you're a Snow. I also love that they showed Fat Walda!

- Theon's descent into Reek is heart breaking. Watching him shave Ramsey, having a sharp blade literally at Ramsey's throat while Ramsey tells him about Robb's death and Reek just keeps on shaving him after a moment's hesitation. That is a broken man.

King's Landing pre-wedding:

-Tyrion and Jamie- A nice little glimpse of some brotherly affection between the two at breakfast. Also the great line about a cripple, a dwarf and mother to madness. Perfect summary of the Lannister children.

-Bran - I'm so excited to see where this storyline goes. The vision hints at great things coming. I also like the warning about not staying in the wolf for too long.

The Purple Wedding:

- Margaery's dress is gorgeous and dangerous. Roses do have thorns after all. I also really like Joff's new crown with the roses intwined in the stag horns. Quite an interesting bit of symbolism.

- shout out to the Iron Bank

- Rains of Castamere played

- Olenna's snark gives me life. Calling the Lannisters cheap, that comment about killing people at a wedding.

- Oberyn and Ellaria are definitely the best new additions this season. Appreciaiting the contortionist, Oberyn making eyes at Loras, the balls of steel it took to threaten Tywin and mock Cersei

- Cersei was in fine form throughout the wedding: Giving the leftovers to the dogs instead of the poor, mocking Brienne for bowing instead of a curtsy,

- Loras' snark to Jaime. I love Jaime, but i actually laughed out loud at Loras getting the last word

- The joust - SO well done. I actually prefer this version to the book. The details in the costumes there are great: Stannis riding the red woman (and the wildfire bit), Renly riding Loras, Balon on the kracken, and the lion with stag horns for Joffrey. Sansa's expression made me almost cry when Robb's wolf head was knocked off. Watching the expressions of some of the other characters to this is quite interesting too. I need to rewatch again to try to catch other things I missed the first watch.

- New Tommen- I'm interested to see how he develops as a character. He does look the part of a Lannister, blond and pretty.

- The much anticipated death. I like the way this was filmed, it leaves a real mystery as to who could've done it as the camera was focused on the pie and doves. The tension leading up to that moment was perfect as well. Joff's last act before he died was pointing at Tyrion.

- Dontos telling Sansa she needs to leave right now if she wants to live.

I'm glad that they managed to pull off Joff's death with a mixture of "Oh my god it's happening!" and repulsion. Just like in the books, I wanted to cheer - but the whole scene is so damn uncomfortable that it ultimately just doesn't feel that satisfying. Cersei's reaction... Lena was brilliant. I loved that imagery of both Jaime and Cersei, Joff's actual parents, holding him in his final moments.

Everything at KL was fantastic. Oh man, still trying to recover from it.

Ramsey's hunt. Different from how the hunts end in books, but still terrifying

Locke and Ramsey little reunion showcasing how twisted these characters are

Reek shaving Ramsey while learning of Robb's death. You can in eye that he wants to kill Ramsey, but in his head is "Reek rythmes with weak"

Iron Bank

Dwarf jousting. The look of pain and disgust from so many characters while Joffrey laughing his ass off. Wonderfully played.

Sansa helping Tyrion, and finding a true connection with him. She saw that he was going through almost the same thing as she did for all that time.

Joffrey's death ever so brutal and all the effects for the blood and the eyes

Tyrion looking at the cup trying to see what had just happened, confused.

Overall a great episode.

I really liked Bran's vision.

I liked Ramsay's little hunt (well maybe not "liked" - but it got the point across about Ramsay.).

Theon's face finding about Robb was great - go Reek !

Cersei threatening Pycelle to make him leave and at the same time denying food to the poor. She has this down to a science.

Sansa's reaction during the jousting, her most of all.

- In fact, let me give kudos to all the actors during the jousts, since they achieved half of them looking thrilled, and half like they were politely appalled

Shireen giving some back-talk to Melisandre.

Kudos to Jack Gleeson for making Joffrey so relentlessly hateable right to the episode conclusion.

Archived