Jon will end up with Margaery?

TheHouseHB

I don't think that anyone thought that a Tyrell/Stark alliance was plausible (what would Robb offer Mace? The chance at half of a kingdom, in exchange for having to fight Stannis, the Lannisters, and the Ironborn?) Catelyn was more or less saying that if Robb had to have a one night stand with someone, it should have been with the daughter of the most powerful house in the South instead of the weakest. It's more of a wishful thinking kind of thing rather than a serious alternate plan.

I don't think that anyone thought that a Tyrell/Stark alliance was plausible (what would Robb offer Mace? The chance at half of a kingdom, in exchange for having to fight Stannis, the Lannisters, and the Ironborn?) Catelyn was more or less saying that if Robb had to have a one night stand with someone, it should have been with the daughter of the most powerful house in the South instead of the weakest. It's more of a wishful thinking kind of thing rather than a serious alternate plan.

Yeh, the Tyrells have\had designs for the throne so why ally with Robb who had stated that once he had dealt with the Lannisters he was gonna return North while Tywin and the Baratheons were going for Westeros.

I'd like to see Marg marry for love instead of arranged marriages (Renly, Joffrey, Tommen) but its likly she will be executed by the Faith.

I think there is a good chance that Jon and Marg will end up together, maybe as just a political marriage.

I think that Val and Mel represent Jon's represent Jon's ice and fire sides. If he ends up with one of then then he will end up going over to one side too much. I think it is more likely that he will eventually reject them both and go the middle way. The Tyrells represent earth, fertility and life so a Tyrell women would a good match for Jon.

If Jon marries Marg and has to come up with a sigil for a new house then he could take the Tyrell sigil and use contrasting colours, so a blue rose on a red field. This would then link up with all the blue rose symbolism relating to Jon through out the books. I know a lot of people think the blue roses only relate to Lyanna or R+L but there are at least a couple of instances where blue roses relate only to J. It could be that Lyanna is associated with blue roses because she is associated with Jon rather than them being her symbol. Jon shows up as blue rose in visions and dreams because that will be his sigil in the same way that most nobles show up as their sigils in dreams. Dany's vision in the house of the undying is example of blue rose=Jon and Ned's dream of the Harrenhal Tourney in the black cells, which is actually a metaphor of him taking Jon from Lyanna, is another.

Well, if the North wants to survive winter thay could use the bountiful resouces of the Reach, that's for sure. And wouldn't that be a classic Tyrell move, to remain neutral for most of the coming war with the dragons, only to resurface when the dust settles to join the winning side?

I'd rather her to marry Rickon, though. She needs to up the ante regarding inappropiate husbands.

I reckon it's more likely she'll end up marrying Bran, tbh. Or even Rickon. If it turns out that Jon is not quite dead, and is in fact getting better, I can't help but think he's likely to live out the rest of his days alone. But then, I think he's more likely to end up King Beyond The Wall that sitting on the Iron Throne (and in all honesty, I feel like this would suit him better anyway.)

Since Ygritte's dead, if he has to end up with anyone the most suitable person IMO would probably be Val. Unless Asha comes into play. But I suspect Jon's gonna be a bachelor boy.

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/106313-what-if-robb-had-married-margaery/

It's actually quite possible, here's the thread I made on the subject a couple of weeks ago. There's several ways this could have come to pass- if Catelyn had been delayed and arrived after Renly was assassinated, if Ned had sent Loras to hunt Gregor in the first book, to name a couple. Mace has always wanted his daughter to be a queen- why not make her Queen in the North and Trident, and sit himself on the IT as king of the rest?

I think there is a good chance that Jon and Marg will end up together, maybe as just a political marriage.

I think that Val and Mel represent Jon's represent Jon's ice and fire sides. If he ends up with one of then then he will end up going over to one side too much. I think it is more likely that he will eventually reject them both and go the middle way. The Tyrells represent earth, fertility and life so a Tyrell women would a good match for Jon.

If Jon marries Marg and has to come up with a sigil for a new house then he could take the Tyrell sigil and use contrasting colours, so a blue rose on a red field. This would then link up with all the blue rose symbolism relating to Jon through out the books. I know a lot of people think the blue roses only relate to Lyanna or R+L but there are at least a couple of instances where blue roses relate only to J. It could be that Lyanna is associated with blue roses because she is associated with Jon rather than them being her symbol. Jon shows up as blue rose in visions and dreams because that will be his sigil in the same way that most nobles show up as their sigils in dreams. Dany's vision in the house of the undying is example of blue rose=Jon and Ned's dream of the Harrenhal Tourney in the black cells, which is actually a metaphor of him taking Jon from Lyanna, is another.

I seriously doubt you. I think Cersei will take Margaery as a hostage after Tommen dies, and when Jon is at the gates of KL, she'll die amongst the flames of Cersei's wildfire plot. Sansa will escape, but Margaery will be trapped there and others will be unable to save her.

I seriously doubt you. I think Cersei will take Margaery as a hostage after Tommen dies, and when Jon is at the gates of KL, she'll die amongst the flames of Cersei's wildfire plot. Sansa will escape, but Margaery will be trapped there and others will be unable to save her.

How and why is Sansa going to get back into KL? I seriously doubt she is ever going to go there again.

And how is Jon going to get there, for that matter? If he gets crowned, he's staying in his own lands.

Unless you're talking about Jon Connington?

Archived