[spoilers] Nitpicking with Impunity

Nami

On second thought, wouldn't the Graffiti on the wall be sort of a waste? Unless i'm wrong,I don't think the Slaves can read, and surely can't translate. Sothe Message would be mute.

The Jaime thing QOW mentioned threw me off a bit, pretty minor nitpick though imo.

:agree: , a pictogram would have made more sense.

Bran not just warging one of the mutineers

He could had at least unleashed the wrath of Hodor, BTW, the Wrath of Hodor is an excellent title for book 7.

You all are talking like the mutineers at Crasters weren't rapists and killers in the books...

Everyone in the watch is either a rapist, a secret Targ, an actual Targ or a 9th son.

1. The "Kill the masters" in English, in Latin alphabet.

2. After not showing Ghost for two seasons, he is shown in a cage? The direwolves are not supposed to be that silly nor that weak, how could they trap him?

3. The show spoiling the future books with the Great Other.

4. The Others looking really bad.

I was looking for him too. He was sitting in the dining hall during Jon's speech, but he did not stand up. He will probably not go north with them - not sure why, maybe because he is a steward, not a ranger? But then Edd is a steward too, and he volunteered (which is also kinda out of character for Edd) ...

Show Edd looks like Bronn's brother.

For some reason I was angrier at Ghost for growling than to him being in a cage for 2 seasons, maybe the cage is made of the same material than plot armor (I think is called Writer's Mithril)

"Kill the Masters" written in plain English on the wall in Meereen was pretty silly IMO.

^ This. I loved this episode, so it was only little small silly things that I noticed that bothered me. Like the Kill the Masters in English. Umm, what?

I was also really, really bothered by Bran's hair. I don't know what's going on there. Are they using a wig and a really bad one and if that's Isaac's hair, why are they styling it like that? Also, my goodness that dude has grown a lot! He was so tiny in the first season.

It also kind of bothered me that Karl had such perfect teeth. I mean, I don't think there are any dentists in Westeros and his teeth were not only perfect, but shiny clean too.

The easy way in which Daenerys takes the city annoys me. It's been subjected to slavery for what seems like forever and revolts never succeed, so how can slipping in a few men to encourage them with a few weapons suddenly overturn a whole city? For a TV viewer, everything just looks so simple and easy for Daenerys.

Show Edd looks like Bronn's brother.

For some reason I was angrier at Ghost for growling than to him being in a cage for 2 seasons, maybe the cage is made of the same material than plot armor (I think is called Writer's Mithril)

I do not think he was in a cage for two seasons, because the NW mutineers were only there since late in season 3, and they caught him some time later. Still bothers me though.

It's just pure fan fiction wich gos along way to explaining why a lot don't like it,rapey scenes are over the top as is the language in my opinion,oh and drinking from Mormonts skull was embarrassing.

The dire wolves was bad also,both being trapped c'mon,oh and Sam has now become an oath breaker,man these D&D are unbelievable aren't they,season one was mega and stayed true to everything now they just purely making things up as they go along,I so much want to like this show but some of the stuff they done is just unbelievable!

They are getting so lazy on the plotting. Marg sneaks into Tommen's room right after the previous king was killed at his wedding...are the KG that bad? Why couldn't they have her waylay him as he's somewhere outside having breakfast or doing something, so it would be a bit more realistic? Oh right. Because, it's more kinky to have Natalie Dormer in his bedroom on his bed. Ugh.

And the mutineers need to conserve their food...but they're feeding a giant direwolf for the heck of it...and the wolves apparently are really just like big dogs...easy to catch, nothing special about them. Double ugh.

Yep, it's been laughably bad from the pilot till now. The only thing I miss from the audiobooks is Roy Dotrice's Tyrion. I think the quips work better in a leprechauny voice. :D

Wow.

I think Peter's accent is bad, but the Tyrion in the audiobooks was dreadful and a bit insulting imo.

Yeah, it would be almost as jarring if Littlefinger pulled out a cell phone or Cersei took a long drag from a cigarette. I think the fact that they used constructed languages for the most part (including for most of that scene!) is what made it jarring. There are a lot of shows where English is used as a stand-in for the fictional language that the characters are "really" speaking and we accept that for the most part, but because this show spends a lot of time and energy building workable languages for scenes (especially in Essos) it's surprising that they don't bother using that. It would be like if they spent $100,000 animating Dany's dragons but then at the last minute just had a gecko with wings taped on lowered onto the set on a wire.

Okay, I'm going to have a hard time getting the image of a gecko with wings out of my head. :lmao: :thumbsup:

This is a big nitpick of mine, too. Your description of how wrong it was had me laughing so hard I nearly pissed myself. Whenever I do see the dragons now, there's no way I'm not going to visualize said gecko with taped-on wings.

Exactly, that is a priceless gem I'm not soon to forget. Maybe this species needs a name? Winged Fire Gecko? :dunno:

Was it just me, or was that CGI of Mereen with the flag really terrible? Elsa's Ice Palace (or Icecrown Citadel, which was my first thought) barely passed muster, but that flag was a new level of weird looking.

Locke claiming to be from the stormlands - surely in-story there'd be some accent issues and it gives to extra advantage than just telling the truth, or at least part of it - surely it would win some friend and sympathy points from Jon if he just said he had served in Robb's army.

Bran and Co were near enough Craster's to hear the baby crying, but Summer only noticed Ghost nearby after Bran warged? I think not. Summer had a pretty short run before she was trapped. The same goes for their proximity to the Keep. Surely the sprawl, noise, smell of fire etc. would have been more noticeable. And Summer is smarter than that.

The show is truly killing the direwolf connection.

Ghost growling. No, just no. And we've already had a captive taunted with spilled water (Theon). Is that supposed to be meaningful?

Sam turning into a moron. Why did the show need Gilly in Moles Town? What purpose does that possibly serve? I guess we'll find out. If this turns into another rape or near-rape scene for Gilly........ grrr.

Sam turning into an oathbreaker and telling Jon about Bran. And Jon not even mentioning Rickon.

Thorne getting revelations from Slynt about Jon, as if Slynt is supposed to know more about the NW and Jon than Thorne. Come on now.

Grey Worm and Missandei digging each other. Missandei is TEN in the books. The Common Tongue/English lesson might have made more sense if Grey Worm switched to the Common Tongue when talking to the slaves (he didn't), but the graffiti was ridiculous. Unless this is all a set up for Dany not shrieking her wooden Valyrian throughout her coming time in Meereen. Badly handled.

Hundreds of slaves hanging out in an easily found chamber, with not a single guard watching over them, after Dany spelled out her plan to the entire city.

The choreographed mindless waves of the ex slaves, perfectly spaced along the paths in the hill.

I could go on, but those were the things that bothered me the most.

Sam turning into an oathbreaker and telling Jon about Bran. And Jon not even mentioning Rickon..

Show!Sam made no promise to Bran, and had no clue of Rickon's whereabouts. So though there is plenty to nitpick, I don't think this was inconsistent with the show.

Show!Sam made no promise to Bran, and had no clue of Rickon's whereabouts. So though there is plenty to nitpick, I don't think this was inconsistent with the show.

Other than it's ridiculous for Jon to know Bran is alive and will cause major changes in his future character arc...which HBO doesn't care about, LOL.

1. The "Kill the masters" in English, in Latin alphabet.

2. After not showing Ghost for two seasons, he is shown in a cage? The direwolves are not supposed to be that silly nor that weak, how could they trap him?

3. The show spoiling the future books with the Great Other.

4. The Others looking really bad.

I was looking for him too. He was sitting in the dining hall during Jon's speech, but he did not stand up. He will probably not go north with them - not sure why, maybe because he is a steward, not a ranger? But then Edd is a steward too, and he volunteered (which is also kinda out of character for Edd) ...

Yeah, I know Pyp was there, my question is...........why the hell is he not being portrayed as seemingly very close with Jon, Grenn, Sam, Edd, anyone? All he does is sit around and make annoyed-looking faces? It's finally dawned on me that it seems as if Pyp is being seriously overhauled. I am rewatching soon and am going to try and pay attention to whether or not Pyp volunteers, but I don't think he did. I'm not sure it's about Pyp being a steward, it seems moreso about........changing the character of Pyp, IMO. :dunno:

Cersei not mentioning Jaime's rape and him not giving two shits about it and went ahead to be "good Jaime" again. Ruined the character. Thanks HBO

I think the interpretation, rather than the (as you note) very strange "Cersei has no reaction to being raped, nor Jamie to raping her," should be "it appears neither of them considered what happened to be a rape, despite what it may have looked like to an observer."

Archived