[spoilers] Nitpicking with Impunity

Nami

Re: "Jon's knowing Brandon is alive will cause major change" - this puzzles me. I cannot see it causing any change, they will go their separate ways (Jon will probably try to stop Brandon, but Brandon will still go) and that will be it. Can somebody elaborate on those major changes for me? I seriously think a Stark family reunion is the only positive thing that can come out of this northern plot fiasco, the siblings have not seen each other for such a long time now, they need a warm scene together.

And the mutineers need to conserve their food...but they're feeding a giant direwolf for the heck of it...and the wolves apparently are really just like big dogs...easy to catch, nothing special about them. Double ugh.

I am pretty sure they were not feeding him, that is the problem - same as with water, Rast probably brought that big piece of meat just to tease Ghost, not to actually give it to him. I hate the Ghost-in-the-cage plot point, but starving an animal for the hell of it seems consistent with well, everything else in Craster's keep.

Yeah, I know Pyp was there, my question is...........why the hell is he not being portrayed as seemingly very close with Jon, Grenn, Sam, Edd, anyone? All he does is sit around and make annoyed-looking faces? It's finally dawned on me that it seems as if Pyp is being seriously overhauled. I am rewatching soon and am going to try and pay attention to whether or not Pyp volunteers, but I don't think he did. I'm not sure it's about Pyp being a steward, it seems moreso about........changing the character of Pyp, IMO. :dunno:

They are just playing him down, I guess that is necessary with that many characters ... it is a shame though. Maybe the other actors have such contracts that they need to appear on screen more?

I find the audiobooks impossible to listen to. Roy Dotrice's voice is like a rock scraping on a cheese-grater and his accents are ridiculous.

I agree, in general. I got to the point of not minding Tyrion's voice though, and would prefer his audiobook accent to Dinklage's.

I agree, in general. I got to the point of not minding Tyrion's voice though, and would prefer his audiobook accent to Dinklage's.

That's faint praise...Dinklage is pretty inconsistent. Though I love him in the role, so I'm able to overlook it.

Aidan Gillen's accent is a caricature. I was trying to imitate it for someone, and ended up sounding like Barbosa from Pirates of the Caribbean, which is a crossover that works surprisingly well:

"Welcome aboard the Black Pearl...Sophie Turner."

That's faint praise...Dinklage is pretty inconsistent. Though I love him in the role, so I'm able to overlook it.

Aidan Gillen's accent is a caricature. I was trying to imitate it for someone, and ended up sounding like Barbosa from Pirates of the Caribbean, which is a crossover that works surprisingly well:

"Welcome aboard the Black Pearl...Sophie Turner."

I LOVE Barbosa!! Littlefinger wishes he sounded that good.

Re: "Jon's knowing Brandon is alive will cause major change" - this puzzles me. I cannot see it causing any change, they will go their separate ways (Jon will probably try to stop Brandon, but Brandon will still go) and that will be it. Can somebody elaborate on those major changes for me? I seriously think a Stark family reunion is the only positive thing that can come out of this northern plot fiasco, the siblings have not seen each other for such a long time now, they need a warm scene together.

If Bran and Jon meet , and even if Jon finds out about Rickon, I don't see how it will change anything anyway.

Jon can't do anything about either of them.

Bran knows he is going into dangerous territory but that's not going to stop him.

Jon has to stay at CB besides his obligations there, if they stop the Wilding invasion that makes things slightly better for Rickon.

We won't see Osha and Rickon this year anyway, we still don't know what GRRM has in store for them.

Because the viewer are English speaking viewers. If it were in another language we wouldn't have understood what was written. Without subs.

...then put those subs. That's like "Hey they shouldn't be talking in High Valyrian, we don't understand them without the subs!"

Thought the same thing. Even though Jon hasn't spent any of his adult life in the south, you would think working alongside NW from all around the Seven Kingdoms he would be able to spot an accent.

Locke is like someone with a Wisconsin accent claiming to be from Georgia.

The same thing bothered me (very mildly) too. I expected that Jon recognised Locke as a fellow Northerner and that Locke would present himself as such, even potentially as a former Bolton's vassal.

The accents on the show are all over the place (Sam has a northern accent despite coming from Reach) and Locke spent some time in the South so I didn't get too bothered by it.

But shouldn't it be four guards at the time? And Marg flashes some boob and so gets entrance, but isn't that still a huge risk should the guard report anything back to Jaime or Cersei? And just some friendly words and some touches are enough for the guard? Or did she go full Cersei-whore on the guard? I think it cheapens her character a lot should she let a guard touch her just to open a door. And if he didn't get to touch her, what an incredible bad guard.

This is HBO

The women either get raped or they're Daenerys.

What do you mean? The hint of irish in it? Maybe they speak like that in the fingers, I mean other characters have a bit of an english accent.

I thought Aiden Gillen was perfect. Fits Littlefinger so damn well. Dat grin.

I don't mind if Aiden kept an Irish (or any other accent) from the start and stayed wit it. It's the fact that his accent and the raspiness of his voice changes with every scene.

I don't mind if Aiden kept an Irish (or any other accent) from the start and stayed wit it. It's the fact that his accent and the raspiness of his voice changes with every scene.

IMO he sounds more like Welsh, but my native language is not English, so I could be wrong...

Because the viewer are English speaking viewers. If it were in another language we wouldn't have understood what was written. Without subs.

But they have established that people in Meereen don't speak the 'common tongue' which is English...so why not leave it out since it only points up how illogical it is.

Archived