Supernatural 3

The Amethyst Empress

So is Chuck actually back or was a one-time wink-wink-nudge-nudge moment?

One time got to be, surely? I mean there is pretty much no doubt he was/is god. So he can't really pop up in any meaningful way again. He was there for the Judeo Christian apocalypse as you'd expect. But beyond that the verse has been very vague on the differences between 'God' and Gods. Why does one have so much more power? And does he only hold it in certain contexts? If it's based on belief God can only manifest himself when things of (literally) biblical proportions are happening, which they aren't really.

I'll admit that i don't know why I cried. It wasn't particularly sad, I just think it was that this is one of the few shows that has the ability to show how much it loves its audience.

It can get away with doing these meta episodes in a way that it's not... Talking down to the audience? Is that the right way to say it?

You can just tell how important the audience is to the crew. These meta episodes are the definition of fan service done right.

The episode hit a vibrant point with simply all its callbacks to the mythology and universe of the story. We've been through so much with them, the good, the bad, the ups and the downs, and if we are still there it's because, as Calliope said it "Supernatural has everything. Life, death, redemption, resurection. And above all, family." You cant go all through 10 seasons of a show without its characters truly affect you, so yeah, this episode was a retrospective, a huge bow to the fans and full of unsaid emotions and it made it beautiful, vibrant and hilarious.

Carry on my wayward show !

The episode hit a vibrant point with simply all its callbacks to the mythology and universe of the story. We've been through so much with them, the good, the bad, the ups and the downs, and if we are still there it's because, as Calliope said it "Supernatural has everything. Life, death, redemption, resurection. And above all, family." You cant go all through 10 seasons of a show without its characters truly affect you, so yeah, this episode was a retrospective, a huge bow to the fans and full of unsaid emotions and it made it beautiful, vibrant and hilarious.

Carry on my wayward show !

You've identified exactly why I love this show. I didn't find it sad - I found it more satisfying actually. And as Andrew said, it was such gift to its fans. They have fun with the writing and the fans. It was Perfectly written and acted. I was literally chuckling to myself through the entire episode.

If any of you are near Burbank or Los Angeles or Las Vegas I highly recommend going to their annual event. Obviously people pay a lot of money for tickets, but they really take the time with their fans. Its clear that they understand the value of their fan base.

For example, they do a live auction during their annual even in Burbank and the proceeds go

to charity. Some woman in the audience paid over $5k for Jared's shirt (personalized shirt from Gilmore girls) that he was wearing during the event. He came down in to the audience and hugged this woman a few times. I mean like 20 second hugs. And then he took off his shirt and gave it to her.

You know she was in heaven! There aren't a lot of actors that will interact with their fans on that level.

So does this mean the showrunners have made their peace with the Wincesters and the Destiel shippers? Meta-episodes tended to have more or less contemptuous stabs in that direction in the past.

So does this mean the showrunners have made their peace with the Wincesters and the Destiel shippers? Meta-episodes tended to have more or less contemptuous stabs in that direction in the past.

Can it really get more contemptuous than Jensen Ackles staring directly into the camera with a, "da fuck is wrong with you people" look on his face after the shipping talk?

Can it really get more contemptuous than Jensen Ackles staring directly into the camera with a, "da fuck is wrong with you people" look on his face after the shipping talk?

Yeah, but they've been considerably nicer this time, and Dean seemed to go along with it quite happily after a while. They were more taking the piss of themselves than the fans this time, I felt.

Fun kids and nice party skit. this ep didn't knock me up or leave me laying in a ditch with my pants off or anything like that, though. It was upbeat is all, and worth watching and made you feel good about watching (for a change). Man tear shed.

[And Chuck isn't God. God gave himself amnesia like Metatron gave to Cass? It's a tempting notion... but not quite. It'd be funny if God was driven to drink and developed neuroses based on how His creation had turned out, but that only works if God is still aware He's God (Chuck wasn't), or else He wouldn't have reason to be suffering from the Chuck Effect. And it doesn't add up that He'd send Chuck's visions to.... Himself, or that He'd flee heaven just to take up a lowly post in the same official chain of command as a prophet. If He abandoned the heaven project, He'd abandon the heaven project! (by becoming a lawyer or someone similarly lost in our sea of moral depravity, divorced from any anchoring to what's divinely right and good. Now if God was a Winchester fan because He was rooting against the apocalypse and it was important enough to do the prophet duty on this one Himself, wouldn't it also have been important enough to do it AS Himself? Or maybe that wouldn't have left anything to chance, and the whole point was to leave some things to chance so the choices of Team Freedom would be meaningful? Okay, whatever. Maybe Chuck/God, but it still doesn't sing quite on pitch to my ear.) ]

The gods don't network anymore or else Caliope would know better than to sniff up these hunters' butts by this point. Seemed unconcerned by the systematic slaying of her kin, she did, like there'd been no contact with any Olympian rumor mill or current events news bulletins about how there's hardly any gods left. Like the band broke up and went its separate ways after their religion crashed, each in blissful ignorance of the other members of Team Zeus. Or else her entire motive for being there was to draw in the boys for her revenge, but this was never mentioned aloud so it feels too oblique to be the case. I remember maybe Zeus or some other god commenting on how the boys were killing off the olympic family, but for the most part there's been no organized resistance to this very unlikely string of success.... Kratos wishes he'd been able to knock off the Olympians as easy as the winchesters have. And why are there listed kill methods for the gods on the internet? They've never been killed before, yet there's "proven" recipes for killing them which work flawlessly when tried and are fairly easy to employ to bring down gods, so you'd think in the history of earth someone else besides this one family would have made it their mission to rid the world of the top predators in the universe, considering how intent we are on wiping out tigers and elephants just because they're sort of toothy or big.

I always got the vibe that they are making fun of themselves, not the fans who ship .

Did the showrunners ever have a problem with the Destiel shippers? Would be quite strange to hate the wave you harnessed and rode.

Archived