Supernatural 3

The Amethyst Empress

Good start to the season. It will be interesting to see where they go with this. Ackles is really nailing his performance as Demon Dean. The weakest part so far has been the Cas/Hannah storyline.

Castiel used to be my favorite, but they took away all the humor/great one-liners that made him so popular.

Past 2-3 seasons he's just been an emo half angel who screws up everything.

Great start to the season, though. Miles ahead of seasons 6-7-8-9 so far, even if it's early.

The heavens have had enough shakeups fer chrissake, it'd be nice to see the angels find their groove, maybe with Hannah figuring out how to build something of her own while also honoring God and saving a place for Him at the head of the table, but not totally relying on the absent deity which is what's gotten them into trouble so far. They either are totally aimless as if there's no God, or they're waiting too much for God to return, or they're trying to replace God with something and it implodes because there is no replacement except to let someone abuse the system. Maybe by the end of the series they should grow some independence that works. What if they could combine our way of fending for ourselves with their grace, so that their new civilization was stabilized in a way mortals can't match, augmented and perfected like a model civilization..... and once they've figured it out, they could come and help us to aspire to the same heights, which would give them back their sense of angelic purpose again, but owning it as their own pet project this time instead of just following God's orders and not really caring, etc., and then the new angels would be worthy of God's return, which was God's test for them all along. Whew. Show solved.

There is a lot of possible directions for the Heaven and Angels arc. Honestly, it's one of my favourites. I love to see all the ramifications, corruptions and dark face of Heaven, so I really hope Jeremy Carver has a nice idea in his mind on where he's taking Heaven.

The heavens have had enough shakeups fer chrissake, it'd be nice to see the angels find their groove, maybe with Hannah figuring out how to build something of her own while also honoring God and saving a place for Him at the head of the table, but not totally relying on the absent deity which is what's gotten them into trouble so far. They either are totally aimless as if there's no God, or they're waiting too much for God to return, or they're trying to replace God with something and it implodes because there is no replacement except to let someone abuse the system. Maybe by the end of the series they should grow some independence that works. What if they could combine our way of fending for ourselves with their grace, so that their new civilization was stabilized in a way mortals can't match, augmented and perfected like a model civilization..... and once they've figured it out, they could come and help us to aspire to the same heights, which would give them back their sense of angelic purpose again, but owning it as their own pet project this time instead of just following God's orders and not really caring, etc., and then the new angels would be worthy of God's return, which was God's test for them all along. Whew. Show solved.

Wow you really have given this some thought.

I think they have no idea what to do with heaven so they make it a mess each season. I actually liked how they expelled all the angels out but then they just had them fighting left and right which was boring as hell...not Crowley's hell...just hell...like in the saying...oh forget it...

I would actually really love for God to make an appearance. But I think what we will get this season will be the split between the angels who want to go back in heaven and those who want to stay on earth and Cas will be leader to those who stay down.

Great start to the season, though. Miles ahead of seasons 6-7-8-9 so far, even if it's early.

Season 8 was great,cmon :)

I really enjoyed the opening of this new season.

@ tMotO and God, if they were to introduce God I think they should have already, but made him a recurrent minor character. If they did it now it would seem to forced imo. And it would have gotten rid of the real fear and struggle. Maybe a character that God 'passed the torch' down to would have worked as they were learning and becoming more powerful over a few seasons but I don't think it could work anymore. I like your idea of heaven getting it's groove back though, I think it would be cool to see angels start to not care about what Castiel does or says anymore and do their own thing (seriously, why do they always turn back to him? he's destroyed your civilization and return to order how many times now?)

Loved tonight episode.

Although Demon Dean is solved, there's still a lot of potential left for the season. Didnt really appreciate the last scene, though. I get what they were trying to do, but there were other things to check up for a last scene.

Crowley was amazing !

"Why cant you people stay on clouds and play harp like you're supposed to do ?"

And I really enjoy the Angels / Heaven potential dynamics for the rest of the season.

Cas in back... "It's a long story. Crowley... Stolen Grace... There's a girl outside in the car."

Coherent come back storywise for the (sometimes you just want to slap him) adorable angel.

All in all, really liked it !

I really enjoyed the opening of this new season.

@ tMotO and God, if they were to introduce God I think they should have already, but made him a recurrent minor character. If they did it now it would seem to forced imo. And it would have gotten rid of the real fear and struggle. Maybe a character that God 'passed the torch' down to would have worked as they were learning and becoming more powerful over a few seasons but I don't think it could work anymore. I like your idea of heaven getting it's groove back though, I think it would be cool to see angels start to not care about what Castiel does or says anymore and do their own thing (seriously, why do they always turn back to him? he's destroyed your civilization and return to order how many times now?)

I think they have to have G-d in the last ep or at least the last couple. They had the best ending they could have w/ Sam taking Lucifer into the box, then had another good possible ending the next year(when they were uncertain to return). The angel in the garden told them G-d was on Earth. They only way that they could possible hope to get that good of an ending is to bring Him in the end, to set things right(now that they don't have to worry about being canceled).

I really (reaaaaaaaalllly) don't think that the Demon Dean story is over. It's just... They hyped that up so much that I can't believe it's over in three episodes.

Well he still has the mark, and likely still has the need to kill. I agree that it is way to early to have solved that.

Was that Abaddon? or a Demon in Drag? That was such a tease, of something yet to come. Damn them.

ETA: they also should have had at least 1 pic of Lisa and Ben. Come on Man.

Does anybody else think Crowley needs a long term right hand man? Some one that he can keep playing off, not someone one he can just snap his finger to get rid of.

I really (reaaaaaaaalllly) don't think that the Demon Dean story is over. It's just... They hyped that up so much that I can't believe it's over in three episodes.

Well as soon as mark activates again isn't he on the same path to becoming demon again? Nothing changed there. Also Crowley was almost cured but he did go back from there.

I think they have to have G-d in the last ep or at least the last couple. They had the best ending they could have w/ Sam taking Lucifer into the box, then had another good possible ending the next year(when they were uncertain to return). The angel in the garden told them G-d was on Earth. They only way that they could possible hope to get that good of an ending is to bring Him in the end, to set things right(now that they don't have to worry about being canceled).

Well he still has the mark, and likely still has the need to kill. I agree that it is way to early to have solved that.

Was that Abaddon? or a Demon in Drag? That was such a tease, of something yet to come. Damn them.

ETA: they also should have had at least 1 pic of Lisa and Ben. Come on Man.

I don't know why but I want God to make an appearance,I don't think it's likely but I would like it. I wouldn't want him to just show up and save the day.Not sure what I would actually like,maybe for God to show up and tell them he didn't help cause he knew they had it in them,they were always strong enough to handle everything...or something like that.

We agree on the mark issue.

I was wondering the same,was that Abaddon? If it was...where is my hawt Abaddon? I want that one back,God I liked her...:(

Yeah.When Sam was going on and on about how he'll never give up on Dean cause they're family I was waiting for Dean to say something about Sam's veterinarian and how he already left him but nothing. No picture of Lisa and Ben is kind of the same. They somehow decided they want those parts of the show forgotten. Stupid. Though...maybe a picture would be to painful for Dean...I don't know.

Liked the episode,and so far season is fine. Wonder where are they going with all this on pause thing. Dean's mark...on pause. Cass' grace...on pause...it's like they are saving all this to go wrong when it's least expected.

I love Crowley :lol: the way he's bored in his Hell I can almost see him opening the door for Abaddon and letting her have it all if/when she shows up.

The angel told them that before the S5 finale, where it made sense that Chuck was God (well, it made sense even if he wasn't God)and was happy with the way things would end.

What good does having God do now? At least Chuck!God knew that things would more or less work out. Any sort of God at this point would just look like a huge asshole. That ship has sailed.

I haven't seen the very end of the last episode. But I'm surprised Dean is saved (That's as far as I got). I hope there's more friction like Dean actually did want to be a demon just to forget about his crappy life and live happily (killing people and such but still happy). When Dean talked to Sam about who's the real monster, I wanted Sam to be like, "yeah. I'm the monster. But I'm not going to be alone." And stab Dean with the blood. I basically wanted Sam to say that he is what Demons fear.

I also think going back to basic would help. Hunt some monsters and ghosts again. This whole Demon Angel thing has really bogged them down from actually saving people like they used to.

Back to God; he would be too powerful, and could fix any problems. That's why I figured of they were going to introduce God it would be for him to leave and give his power to some one and have them eventually learn and grow with their power to try and fix problems.

Loved the horror movie vibe of the episode when dean is looking in the bunker for Sam, and i'm 100% confident that Dean isn't saved, just "asleep" until he starts killing again.

Good episode, they are stepping it up this year.

Hope that's the case cause the Dean going good so quickly is a bit underwhelming.

I know who I'd cast as God. The big hairy jock guy from Revenge of the Nerds who took that 2 minute long piss. Only he'd be older now, with a "God beard" like Santa. Then, for the last line of the series, after God has said thanks to the other characters and dismissed them back to Earth He calls in Metatron for sentencing. Metatron is still in chains and looks worried. God shakes his head.... tilts it back..... and yells at the top of his lungs, "Nerrrrrd!" The end.

I know who I'd cast as God. The big hairy jock guy from Revenge of the Nerds who took that 2 minute long piss. Only he'd be older now, with a "God beard" like Santa. Then, for the last line of the series, after God has said thanks to the other characters and dismissed them back to Earth He calls in Metatron for sentencing. Metatron is still in chains and looks worried. God shakes his head.... tilts it back..... and yells at the top of his lungs, "Nerrrrrd!" The end.

Ogre? well why the Hell not, they had Booger as Metatron. Liked him better in Bloodsport. He is one of the barbarians on the Capital One ads now so It would be a much better gig.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0316455/?ref_=ttfc_fc_cl_t12

I enjoyed the episode. Having Dean be 'cured' was the right thing to do to move the plot forward. Demon Dean was fun and all but what was his motivation? He was content drinking, sleeping with waitresses, singing karaoke and sating the Mark when necessary. That would've gotten stale after a while. Besides this is just a temporary fix. He still has the Mark.

The Cas/Hannah roadtrip was mind-numbingly boring. Luckily that little storyline was saved when Crowley showed up and actually did something meaningful. Looks like we have a new big bad this season. Her introduction was an eerie callback to Mary Winchester and Jessica's deaths (the blood drip and body pinned to the ceiling).

Damn when I saw the red hair, I thought Abaddon. But sadly it was not to be. :(

Damn when I saw the red hair, I thought Abaddon. But sadly it was not to be. :(

Is this confirmed? Demons often take a different host. The sreenwriters do it to save from confusing us too much. i.e every Angel who's appeared in a black host and reappears stays black. If the Mark is as potent as it seems it could have destroyed Abbadons previous host completely (unlike Crowley,) forcing her to pick a new one when she's reborn (presumeably as a side-effect of the one who killed her being cured.) Just a theory, but I'm hoping for Abbadon to be back because she was so badass then went out with a fizzle. And yes Koba RIP sexy Alaina Huffman.

Is this confirmed? Demons often take a different host. The sreenwriters do it to save from confusing us too much. i.e every Angel who's appeared in a black host and reappears stays black. If the Mark is as potent as it seems it could have destroyed Abbadons previous host completely (unlike Crowley,) forcing her to pick a new one when she's reborn (presumeably as a side-effect of the one who killed her being cured.) Just a theory, but I'm hoping for Abbadon to be back because she was so badass then went out with a fizzle. And yes Koba RIP sexy Alaina Huffman.

It isn't confirmed as far as I know. I like the theory but even if it is true, it was Alaina Huffman as Abaddon who was so badass so it would still feel kinda empty.

Archived