Dating X

Yagathai

Yeah at some point boyfriend/girlfriend just doesn't work. I look forward to the day when I can stop using that term and just stick with husband - just because it sounds more dignified to my ears.

I think what smegma is saying is

I didn't even have to watch the video and I'm still going to have that song stuck in my head for weeks.

I'm with Dracarya and Smegma, can't stand the term boyfriend/girlfriend. Depending on what the person I'm in a relationship is comfortable with, I refer to them as my woman or my lady friend. I've had some resist being referred to as my woman because it made them feel like a possession and with stuff like that, I'm just not going to argue.

I refer to them as my woman or my lady friend..

I once got referred to as a 'special friend', which was rather weird really. Though to be fair, it was her father who said that. Quite awkward.

My Viking has been texting me every morning to say good morning. How adorable is THAT?

There has to be something wrong with him :lol:

Frankly I think that is weird, you've had one date right?

I'm with Dracarya and Smegma, can't stand the term boyfriend/girlfriend. Depending on what the person I'm in a relationship is comfortable with, I refer to them as my woman or my lady friend. I've had some resist being referred to as my woman because it made them feel like a possession and with stuff like that, I'm just not going to argue.

Being British, "my woman" does sound very possessive. I've heard people say "my man", but I'm not very keen on it. I'm not sure when it's "socially acceptable" to call them your partner, SO, or another similar term. We do have slightly embarassing pet names for each other, but they're just for us.

His brother used to call him "turd burglar" when they were kids. I use that sometimes :lol:

I also discovered that I *really* don't like sleeping with other people

You and me both.

I have a hard enough time falling asleep in ideal conditions, and I'm a light sleeper with an inability to go back to sleep once I've been woken up.

I'm also always hot and move around a lot in bed. I'm cool with cuddling but when it's time to sleep I can't have a warm body pressed up against me, I'll be sweaty and uncomfortable and get no sleep. Which is a problem when most women I've been with seem to want to be draped over me when I'm trying to sleep and have gotten upset when I explain that I cannot fall asleep in said state.

So I have a date Friday with the online dating girl hereby known as IT Girl, and a friends-only thing to go see some burlesque with Lady J Thursday, and I'm currently on the train to go to an afterwork thing with Lady J (her invitation).

When it rains it really pours.

I don't know how you keep up with it, Chataya

ETA: Ini, our first date is Thursday night, but we've been texting several days now just getting to know each other throughout the day.

I admit I like that much attention. He has a shitty job. I want to make him a kept man who does the man work around my house :P

Mandy, try to be a little wary here. Texting back and forth is NOT "getting to know each other" and frankly, he's laying it on a little thick considering the fact that you two have not actually met. Maybe I'm just overly suspicious and jaded but a guy who texts "good morning" every day before having met in person feels more manipulative than romantic.

hehe ok

The pic you have on facebook is okay IF and ONLY IF you have the other dude cropped out. It's actually a cute pic of YOU, but I personally hate it when people have pics of them with several other people in the pic - if I can't tell who the profile is for in the profile pic, that's bad.

I hate this too. If I have to perform differential analysis on a photo set to figure out which one is you, you have done something wrong. If even after doing that I can't tell, because you have the same people in all your photos, then uh I'll find someone else, thanks.

Being British, "my woman" does sound very possessive. I've heard people say "my man", but I'm not very keen on it. I'm not sure when it's "socially acceptable" to call them your partner, SO, or another similar term. We do have slightly embarassing pet names for each other, but they're just for us.

His brother used to call him "turd burglar" when they were kids. I use that sometimes :lol:

I totally get it feeling possessive to some people and that's why I don't argue about it. Gotta be comfortable. Turd Burglar? That's just the greatest thing I've ever heard.

Eta: I don't think I've ever referred to a lady I was with as my SO. My mind equates the term with marriage or a very serious long term commitment. I haven't had the pleasure of either.

Archived