Dating X

Yagathai

My housemate is called Jenna, and she's a terrible person.

I don't know why this made me laugh so much :P Just sounds like a throwaway comment that could be delivered for perfect comic effect.

In all seriousness though, sorry you have a terrible housemate. :P

Josh is pretty hard to handle. He is hugely emotional, gropes my wife randomly in public, hits cats and can't sleep alone.

Of course he's two, so I'm hoping that he gets better.

I don't know why this made me laugh so much :P Just sounds like a throwaway comment that could be delivered for perfect comic effect.

In all seriousness though, sorry you have a terrible housemate. :P

:laugh: She's from Bristol, so it's no surprise really. My other housemate Jess isn't particularly great either. And my brother, Johnny, is.. hard-work, shall we say. There'a definitely something to this one!

Eta: Oh they'll be moving out soon, and I'll never have to see their J-faces again!

Second date this weekend went really well. After dinner we sat on the dock outside the restaurant for an hour or two just talking shit and laughing our asses off. She wants to cook for me next weekend and have me meet a couple of her friends who she's told me a lot about. I assume I need to win them over if things are going to go any further :lol:.

You J haters can all shove it :P I'm a J and I'm awesome :cool4:

But I'm also Jay, the purest of the Js, maybe there's something to that.

hahaha nice foreboding there, LITA hahahaa

I'm sure it'll go great, KiD.

So... I'm supposed to assume that the guy wants to bang me just as badly as I want to bang him, and thus not bang him so as to make him both want me more and to ensure he actually enjoys hanging out with me? That's how this is supposed to work, right? Please remind me, because he is freaking hot.

If you want to bang him that much just bang him... less thinking more sex.

Well I heard from J on Friday... she apologized all over herself for leaving me hanging last week... finals, work, kids. But we've been in fairly constant contact since Friday. We're going out Saturday, my first first date in like 10 years. She's really into me and keeps going on about what a great guy I am.... this has caused me to put on the breaks a little.

I am a great guy and all that, but the fact that I'm not divorced (and still living with my ex) hasn't caused her to be a little more hesitant gives me a little concern. This is a textbook rebound thing for me, mostly because she's a) cute, and b.) offering me something that's been missing for a long time now (i.e. attention, affection, and probably sex although hasn't been overtly mentioned). I'm offering her the same things so maybe we'll be a good fit in the end.

Mostly I'm hoping she doesn't end up being super clingy and/or wanting to jump into some kind of major commitment. I'm happy with a short intense rebound thing if it doesn't work out longer. I'm not looking for a bunch of crazy drama if that's all it turns out to be. So one caution flag is up, proceeding with a little more care and my eye out for more flags.

Well I heard from J on Friday... she apologized all over herself for leaving me hanging last week... finals, work, kids. But we've been in fairly constant contact since Friday. We're going out Saturday, my first first date in like 10 years. She's really into me and keeps going on about what a great guy I am.... this has caused me to put on the breaks a little.

I am a great guy and all that, but the fact that I'm not divorced (and still living with my ex) hasn't caused her to be a little more hesitant gives me a little concern. This is a textbook rebound thing for me, mostly because she's a) cute, and b.) offering me something that's been missing for a long time now (i.e. attention, affection, and probably sex although hasn't been overtly mentioned). I'm offering her the same things so maybe we'll be a good fit in the end.

Mostly I'm hoping she doesn't end up being super clingy and/or wanting to jump into some kind of major commitment. I'm happy with a short intense rebound thing if it doesn't work out longer. I'm not looking for a bunch of crazy drama if that's all it turns out to be. So one caution flag is up, proceeding with a little more care and my eye out for more flags.

The good news is that you're actively conscious of the pure rebound and are thus entering into this venture with cautious optimism. I have seen so many people (dudes especially) in similar situations to yours who dive way too deeply into the first relationship potential that comes along, with the eventual extrication from said relationship often turning very ugly. Seems like you're taking the right approach.

Mandy lives in a much smaller community...so, yes, I can see where that would be a problem. For me, there are many who are good people, but don't meet my level of attraction. I end up doing a lot of weeding out, but do go on about 3 dates per week.

For me, it's a selection problem, where Mandy has a population problem.

3 a week? I've been actively looking for 3 weeks with zilch. And this isn't to be a bragging jerk, but I'm a Harvard graduate so it isn't like I come across as worthless.

Archived