Cycling - la vuelta, a broken leg won't stop alberto!

BigFatCoward

The cyclists have been complaining about people taking selfies

I'm not surprised. Standing with your back to an oncoming peloton is astonishingly dumb.

In other news, now Cavendish is out there's nobody who can challenge Kittel. I suspect he'll break a record for stage wins.

In other news, now Cavendish is out there's nobody who can challenge Kittel. I suspect he'll break a record for stage wins.

Yep. He looked super strong today.

They've made quite a spectacle for television. Felt kind of bad for one poor guy who looked like he got his phone slapped to the road by a Garmin rider. Then again, maybe he should have backed up?

Sorry, zero sympathy from this quarter. I get that people are excited but they really were encroaching dangerously. I'd much rather see some idiots phone broken than a rider jostled or using energy worrying about crowds. I love to see barrier free racing but it may have to be curtailed if people won't stay off the road.

I wonder if BFC was watching, working or both today.

I'm with deedles. It's late at night when I'm watching so I'm already grumpy and I end up ranting at the tv about how they need to get the fuck out of the way and let the riders race!

Now on to France. Looks like another sprinter's delight tomorrow. I guess that means Kittel for the third time, barring some really odd circumstance or unfortunate crash.

I always wonder what it would be like to see the Tour. I was in France for like a week that coincided with the 2000 Tour, but that was before I had any interest in cycling and I was in a group that had its route already planned - probably to stay well away from the Tour and all of what I'm sure is a logistical nightmare in those areas it goes near and through. What fun that has to be, seems like such a diverse group of people and maybe one grand party? Or maybe it looks better from afar.

Yes, it's a battle everyone was looking forward to, and now the flat stages are dull.

Giant should be doing all the work on the flat stages. Hopefully the other sprint teams will wise up and stop working for Kittel's wins. If I was them I'd be trying to get someone in the break on each flat stage to force Giant to push harder. It'll be very dull otherwise.

I realise that this isn't very nice, but since the title of the thread is "I hate Chris Froome" I figure it isn't going too far...injury for Froome, go Team Porte!!

Froome takes another crash but at least for him it's early in the stage, plenty of time to get back to the main field. He does look vulnerable though and the conditions look atrocious.

Now on to France. Looks like another sprinter's delight tomorrow. I guess that means Kittel for the third time, barring some really odd circumstance or unfortunate crash.

I always wonder what it would be like to see the Tour. I was in France for like a week that coincided with the 2000 Tour, but that was before I had any interest in cycling and I was in a group that had its route already planned - probably to stay well away from the Tour and all of what I'm sure is a logistical nightmare in those areas it goes near and through. What fun that has to be, seems like such a diverse group of people and maybe one grand party? Or maybe it looks better from afar.

You should try it, it's a pretty great. I've seen twice (or maybe three times), because they passed nearby (they crossed my town once, and will again this year).

Great atmosphere, and everyone's really enthusiastic. Obviously you'll always have morons being well, morons, but it's still good fun.

Bet Sky wished they took Wiggins now, but hindsight is always 20/20. Porte will get his chance now. And all those second-tier contenders now will think they have a shot, Contador will be a hunted man.

Perhaps they might rally round Thomas? Him being young and whatnot.

Kind of sad that Froome-dog is out. Still, better that than sitting in agony on your bike for days more until you crash again. Today's stage was so dangerous, not surprised there were so many crashes. Kind of amusing the one a bit before Froome's 2nd, where both parts of the Peleton going round the roundabout crashed simultaneously. Probably not so much for the poor blokes who won't sit down comfortably for weeks though :D

Thomas isn't good enough on the mountains, it's Porte or nobody for Sky.

And yeah, the symmetrical crash was funny.

Yeah they will rally around Porte now, and he has solid chance at the podium.

Obviously not as good as Froome, and it's a big shame that Froome is out.

Nibali has more than two minutes ahead of the rest, which is a great deal.

But all of those guys are close to each other and still in the race.

Archived